News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

SPIDER IV - A NEW HOPE.

Started by LMNO, December 01, 2010, 07:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Television

I will flip a coin and roll a d10 to determine my vote. Tails=0-9, Heads=10-14. Any result over 14 will be rerolled.

EDIT: And the result is 2. I vote to put Blight on the bus.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 28, 2011, 08:15:02 PM
Jenne, it's a move dictated by the clumsy rules I wrote.  You're supposed to post, then vote.  If you don't want to vote for anyone, you still have to say something.  So "abstain" means "I do not want to put anyone on a bus right now."

Ah, gotcha. 

Do you have to back up why you pick someone to go on the bus?  If not, then I'm ready to vote.

Luna

Quote from: Jenne on March 28, 2011, 09:36:18 PM
Jenne, it's a move dictated by the clumsy rules I wrote.  You're supposed to post, then vote.  If you don't want to vote for anyone, you still have to say something.  So "abstain" means "I do not want to put anyone on a bus right now."

Ah, gotcha. 

Do you have to back up why you pick someone to go on the bus?  If not, then I'm ready to vote.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, no, you can just vote... OR you can back it up in order to convince others to vote with you and put your choice on the bus.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Unqualified on March 28, 2011, 08:34:58 PM
I will flip a coin and roll a d10 to determine my vote. Tails=0-9, Heads=10-14. Any result over 14 will be rerolled.

Just so you know, the worst thing you can do is randomly shove people on busses.  Gives all the advantage to the Spiders.

Just how many legs do you have, Unqualified?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: Luna on March 28, 2011, 09:37:29 PM
Quote from: Jenne on March 28, 2011, 09:36:18 PM

Ah, gotcha. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, no, you can just vote... OR you can back it up in order to convince others to vote with you and put your choice on the bus.

Ok, got it.

I guess I'll abstain, and go with the flow, since I'm still getting my bearings in this here game.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2011, 09:37:58 PM

Just so you know, the worst thing you can do is randomly shove people on busses.  Gives all the advantage to the Spiders.

:lulz:  ...but your logic seems keen to me, Roger...randomly choosing seems to work against the system we're trying to beat.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on March 28, 2011, 09:57:46 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2011, 09:37:58 PM

Just so you know, the worst thing you can do is randomly shove people on busses.  Gives all the advantage to the Spiders.

:lulz:  ...but your logic seems keen to me, Roger...randomly choosing seems to work against the system we're trying to beat.

Randomly choosing thins out the citizen pool, with little chance of nailing a spider and a chance of killing off the Discordians.  The thing to do is wait for the discordians to get information or - better yet - form a cabal, which allows them to start vacuuming up citizens faster than the spiders can.

Once the Discordians trip across a spider, or vice-versa, you have actual data to work with.  Even if you have to put two people on a bus to get a spider, the math is in your favor.

So you kind of have to be patient for 1-2 rounds.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Elder Iptuous

also, it seems to be a good idea to kyfms in the beginning, too.
voting, or saying damn near anything draws attention to yourself, and makes people suspect you.
e.g. unqualified looks kind of suspicious right now.
e.g. i look suspicious for saying that unqualified looks suspicious...  :lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on March 28, 2011, 10:54:52 PM
also, it seems to be a good idea to kyfms in the beginning, too.
voting, or saying damn near anything draws attention to yourself, and makes people suspect you.
e.g. unqualified looks kind of suspicious right now.
e.g. i look suspicious for saying that unqualified looks suspicious...  :lol:

On the other hand, it's a game that requires some sort of participation.

And unqualified DOES look suspicious. 

*blearily gazes at Unqualified over his beer mug*

Elder Iptuous

true.
but, like you said, we will have information to work with in due time.

oh also, i haven't said yet that i abstain this round.
so....
i abstain.

Abstain:7
Blight:1

ETA:  current...
BDS - Votes Abstain
Blight - Votes Abstain
EoC - TBD
Freeky - TBD
Iptuous - Votes Abstain
Jenne - Votes Abstain
Khara - TBD
Luna - Votes Abstain
Phox - Votes Abstain
Requia - TBD
Roger - Votes Abstain
Semaj - TBD
Unqualified - Votes Blight
Villager - TBD

President Television

There we go. Finally, we've got a conversation going.
The real purpose of my random vote was to provoke a response, either from the Spiders or from suspicious Citizens. It was a way to break the ice; to initiate conversation. It's impossible to make a deduction without information.
I withdraw my vote and instead opt to abstain for the time being.

Abstain: 8
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Luna

I'm liking Iptuous's format for keeping track o' stuff (and keeping LMNO from killing one or more of us for not tracking votes).
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Eater of Clowns

I vote Iptuous.  For the evulz.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Freeky

Oops, I almost forgot. AGAIN.  :lulz: 

I think Roger has the right of it.  I'm going to abstain this round, even though it's tradition to get rid of Semaj at the very beginning. :lulz:

The Wizard

QuoteI think Roger has the right of it.  I'm going to abstain this round, even though it's tradition to get rid of Semaj at the very beginning.

Argh.

I'll abstain as well, since there isn't any sense in offing anyone before we have data to work with.
Insanity we trust.