News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Rant 41: The Acid Test

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, June 08, 2004, 01:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Rant 41
The Acid Test

“The occultist… is immune from the mania of self-affirmation.”
-Julius Evola (“Serpentine Wisdom” from the book Introduction to Magic)

“If Will stops and cries Why, invoking Because, then Will stops and does Nought.”
-Aleister Crowley (Liber AL, II,30)

“Suffer in your skyscraper hell, force-fed on fear of failure and crack cocaine. Hold on to all your lies and self-deceit…Dream on.”
-Sheep On Drugs (from “Fifteen Minutes of Fame”)

“Let the bastards produce their own bad luck out of their inner sadness at being such evil assholes.”
-Julius Evola (from the same as above)

The Acid Rain of Discordia eats away at all of your edifices even before you finish building them up. The Winds of Strife are constantly blowing through and dissolving the walls you set up, even before you can ‘enjoy’ a moment of false security. Eris is shouting “If your parents- Gods, Religion, the State, Prejudice/Belief, or your Self- won’t let you come out and play, then I will come in and break them down.” You can cry about this, but no one is coming to give you any attention, despite the fact that when you were a baby, that behavior worked all the time. You are not a baby anymore, despite how you act. Eris will only take your hand, if you are willing to come out and play. It is time to for you, yourself, to wipe the snot from your face. You can say that this is a hateful thing to say, but I am not concerned with your cliched sentimental Hallmark Card ideas.

Eris has told you that you are free, but She has little patience for you if you keep putting off realizing it by your incessant pretending and play-acting. She has little time for you if you are not sensible nor sensitive enough to realize that you are alive now-ever, not in some imagined future or past.  It doesn’t matter who you think you are or what you think you want. Your personal uniqueness, if, in fact, it is a reality, needs no validation. And if you think otherwise, the notion will be slapped right out of you.

If you want to start calling the shots in your life, you had best wake up and take the wheel. Otherwise your damned car may just run off the road. And then what? Will you just simply whine about how you didn’t get to where you wanted to go? If you think your fantasies will save you from consensus reality, thing again. You are Discordians, for Eris-sake! Break up the damned consensus reality! Don’t remain uselessly trapped, a hostage to your own fantasies or the fantasies of the consensus! Use any raft you need, to get free of the traps and snares of DUMB…be it entheogenic/psychedelic drugs, alcohol, self-Mindfucking, word cut-ups, magick, anarchy, or whatever else floats the boat. But once free of the traps, don’t rely on anything. Don’t be DUMB enough to replace the habits you just smashed with only more habits that are free-looking.
With Eris around, you can realize that if it’s satisfaction you want, then you can make your own damned satisfaction. And the only guarantee is the one you agree to. Believe me, we will help smash the damned habits, whether you wish me to or not. Make our jobs a little easier by helping us. Unless the inverse makes you laugh harder. In the end, the joke may be yet on you, unless you are the joke. But you won’t know unless you do it.

You will take the Acid Test regardless. We of the Discordian Society are here to ensure that. Does that realization make you laugh or cry?

(Confusion 10th, 3170)
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Trollax

*Raises his hand*
I will take the acid test...

Horab Fibslager

i drank electric kool-aid.

mmmm. purplelicious...
Hell is other people.

Colonel Failure

All I knew, all I believed
Are crumbling images
No longer comforting me.
Scramble to reach higher ground,
Order and sanity,
Something to comfort me.

I take what is mine, and hold what is mine,
Suffocate what is mine, and bury what's mine.
Soon the water will come
And claim what is mine.
I must leave it behind,
And climb to a new place now.

This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.

Tool, Flood

----------------
Do you believe
In the lies, the lies, the lies that shape your world?
Do you believe
In your own, your own, fictitious immortality?

The world won't end while you walk the earth
And when you realize that your life don't matter
You'll turn to something to help you forget
That you're only young once, old forever

And we become what we hate
(Don't think of us)

-Screeching Weasel, What We Hate[/size][/color]

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"