News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Can we get another Cain reading dump?

Started by I_Kicked_Kennedy, March 23, 2014, 01:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

File is 2.83 gigs, subdivided into folders based loosely on theme.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Reginald Ret

I will try to parcipitate in a bookclub thingy.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Pæs

I would totally be keen for a book club.

Cain

Cool.  Just so you guys know, I can only of course seed when I am online.  However, my work schedule is such that I should be online at the right time for most people at least twice a week.

Pæs

Fortunately my computer is just on all the time. .5% so far!

Cain

If it makes you feel better, I've uploaded precisely 596 MB since seeding on...whatever fucking day it was.  Wednesday, probably.

Junkenstein

I'll try and leave this work machine running constantly to help out too.

The IT guy here is clearly on crack. Facebook - Blocked. Download random programs and run them? No problem.

I may have to take a magnet to this machine if/when I leave.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pæs

LMNO

Ok, I'm attempting to download....

This is gonna take a while, yes indeed.

Pergamos

I would like to be in the book club please

LMNO

Pæs

What do you use to manage your ebooks, Cain?

I'm going through mine at the moment, with Calibre, but the 'edit metadata' screen takes a good few seconds to change between books and twenty or so to fetch metadata from Amazon once I've told it what the book is named. I've got 7000 to name and tag  :eek:

3n1g

Cain

Quote from: 3n1g on April 06, 2014, 06:52:53 AM
Anyone still seeding this?

Yes, calm down.  I just worked an overnight, 12 hour shift.  I'm not keen on leaving my electricals on for that length of time while I'm out of the house.

Quote from: Pæs on April 06, 2014, 05:33:43 AM
What do you use to manage your ebooks, Cain?

I'm going through mine at the moment, with Calibre, but the 'edit metadata' screen takes a good few seconds to change between books and twenty or so to fetch metadata from Amazon once I've told it what the book is named. I've got 7000 to name and tag  :eek:

Calibre, manual editing, luck.

I really just sort them into folders with thematic similarities (similar to the ones for this torrent, in fact) and I edit the filenames so the book title and author name are present.

Since I mostly use my books for research, I normally have a good idea of the ones I need.  I just scroll down and find them and go.