OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on January 30, 2015, 11:02:31 AM
Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on January 30, 2015, 10:12:22 AM
Just to clarify, "OPEN BAR" means "place to shout out random shit that's going in your life," right?

Wrong. We have an agenda. A very sinister and conspiratorial one. This thread is all code.

Related: Yesterday morning my housemate said "The worst part is that I got it on my gay arm, and it isn't even gay! It's just douchey!"
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 30, 2015, 03:58:11 PM
Just to clarify, "OPEN BAR" means "place to shout out random shit that's going in your life," right?

Wrong. We have an agenda. A very sinister and conspiratorial one. This thread is all code.

Related: Yesterday morning my housemate said "The worst part is that I got it on my gay arm, and it isn't even gay! It's just douchey!"

The rainbow thingy?
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Open Bar

Actually, OPEN BAR is where my followers come to worship me.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 30, 2015, 02:52:06 AM

:lulz:
Yoink!

This one's too perfect. I'm sure the Lord will show me where to put it!

Unintended pun.... must stop thinking
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 30, 2015, 04:42:16 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 30, 2015, 03:58:11 PM

The rainbow thingy?

No, he got drunk at a party where they'd hired a tattoo shop to give partygoers free tattoos (which sounds like possibly one of the worst corporate party concepts I've ever heard), and his friend talked him into matching tattoos... of titties with wings. It's right next to the unicorn unicorn and he's so sad.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Drunken corporate party regret tattoo.

Maybe it's one of the best corporate party ideas I've ever heard. I'm not totally sure.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 30, 2015, 11:14:33 PM

Maybe it's one of the best corporate party ideas I've ever heard. I'm not totally sure.

:baby:
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 31, 2015, 03:41:00 AM
Sounds like... AMERICA.

Titties with wings FUCK YEAH!!!

In completely unrelated news, I planned on doing one thing today, and then I did it. I have written my application essay for the Peru trip.

Demolition Squid

Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on January 29, 2015, 09:43:52 PM
My dad's wife died.

My condolences, Pixie.  :sad:

We were supposed to go up and see my grandfather today but when we woke up the roads were very snowy so we cancelled and my uncle went instead - he lives closer, and was going to go tomorrow but we figured we'd swap.

I went out to get my hair cut at lunch time aaaand halfway through I get a phonecall - the hospital have called and my parents are already out the door on their way to see him.

He'd seemed to stabilize and was starting to be able to move around. Wednesday was the ten day mark and after that, the doctors told us we should be planning for the next month.

Now it sounds like he's on his way out after all. 
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Junkenstein

Are you fucking kidding me? This is clearly the work of genius. What better way to make sure your new tattoo removal enterprise takes off?

Also, holy fuck. I've no idea what these kind of hideous corporate affairs are like there but they are fucking awful here. The usual script if for everyone to get drunk as quickly as possible to try and forget that you're not being paid to spend time with these people right now.

I can think of little that would amuse me more than sitting near the tattooists and advising on what would look really good on them.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demolition Squid on January 31, 2015, 01:42:04 PM
Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on January 29, 2015, 09:43:52 PM
My dad's wife died.

My condolences, Pixie.  :sad:

We were supposed to go up and see my grandfather today but when we woke up the roads were very snowy so we cancelled and my uncle went instead - he lives closer, and was going to go tomorrow but we figured we'd swap.

I went out to get my hair cut at lunch time aaaand halfway through I get a phonecall - the hospital have called and my parents are already out the door on their way to see him.

He'd seemed to stabilize and was starting to be able to move around. Wednesday was the ten day mark and after that, the doctors told us we should be planning for the next month.

Now it sounds like he's on his way out after all.

Crap, I'm sorry to hear that.

These kinds of things can go back and forth -- sometimes for months or years -- which is really hard on family. All I can really say is hang in there.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on January 31, 2015, 04:51:21 PM

Are you fucking kidding me? This is clearly the work of genius. What better way to make sure your new tattoo removal enterprise takes off?

Also, holy fuck. I've no idea what these kind of hideous corporate affairs are like there but they are fucking awful here. The usual script if for everyone to get drunk as quickly as possible to try and forget that you're not being paid to spend time with these people right now.

I can think of little that would amuse me more than sitting near the tattooists and advising on what would look really good on them.

It's kind of amazing. It was at a party for a BURGER CHAIN.

Yeah, they pay their employees shit, but FREE TATTOOS, EVERYONE!

Demolition Squid

I just... yeah.

I don't know. At this point it feels like we've been back and forth so much... I don't know what I should be preparing for any more, so I'm just trying not to expect it to go one way or the other.

Thanks for the support, though, guys.

I've never experienced anything like this before. It's strange to know, intellectually, that there's nothing you can do and yet feel so strongly, emotionally, that you should do something. Mostly I'm just trying to be there for my mum - she's having a very tough time not blaming my grandmother for all this, as the details come out, but as she said the other day... she doesn't want to spend the last few years of her mother's life hating her for something that can't be changed.

Just, such a horrible situation.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho