News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

Discourse 8: The real world...

Started by Trollax, May 05, 2003, 05:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollax

Quote from: Rev ThwackActually it's only partly a ripoff... it's to do with people with food intolerances and allergies... and treating that as if it were some sort of prejudicial sentiment towards nuts in general, the marking refers to every witchunt in history (specifically the terrorism one now) where if a person was suspected of containing nuts (i.e. being a witch, communist, terrorist, etc.) they were branded in some fashion.

51.) Just because you have nothing original to say doesn't mean that it has no value.

*CLAPS* :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

seanfish

Quote from: Lister41.) There is only one person whom you can trust to have your best interests at heart all the time, and that is yourself.  But never underestimate anyone either; it is a bloody dangerous form of arrogance.  This shit can seriously backfire on you.

52.) Until you realise that the one person who is sabotaging you is you, you won't be able to start negotiations for a ceasefire.

53.) All efforts to supress individuality are futile. The more you try the more your subconscious will come screaming out.

54.) All efforts to express your individualiity are futile. The more you try the more your banal commnality with the rest of existence will come screaming out.

55.) Being individual or not is like being composed of subatomic particles or not. You have no choice, nor any duty. Just be.
Don't you know how sweet and wonderful, life can be
I'm askin you baby, to get it on with me
I aint gonna worry, I aint gonna push
So come on, come on, come on, come on baby
Stop beatin round the bush...

Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's get it on

-- Marvin Gaye

Rev Thwack

My balls itch...

Slarti

57. Only if you want to! If you prefer being a sheep, then by all means be a sheep. Just don't complain when we laugh at you a lot.

seanfish

58.) If you are a sheep, make sure you wear wool and baa a lot. It can save the rest of us a lot of time and effort.

Rev. Thwack, sir: excellent entry.

Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's get it on

-- Marvin Gaye

Trollax

59.) There is no problem that cannot be solved by a monodirectional, and pigheaded way of approaching problems every time. However people (and Eris) soon learn to outmaneuver you very quickly. IMPROVISE SCHMUCK!

Sir Lyall

60.) Wear sunscreen.

(yes, that's ripped off :twisted: )
mass marketed arcana

seanfish

61.) And yes, we mean the bit about sunscreen.

A curse on you for starting that.

62.) There is no problem that cannot be solved by changing your axis of world-orientation sufficiently to walk through it a different direction. Life is a four dimensional lock and you are the key.

63.) There is no problem. There are only perspectives.

Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's get it on
Let's get it on

-- Marvin Gaye

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

64) Blow your own minds! Don't wait for the wind to do it.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Trollax

65.) Blow your mind all the time, learn the ancient art of Cogurbation!

DJRubberducky

Quote from: ListerIf Trollax can rip off Pratchett with his nuts
/me makes a mental note to avoid Trollax's crotch. :shock:
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"