News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I second that motion.  I would do it myself, but I'm tied up in trolling reddit atm.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on June 11, 2015, 05:06:47 AM
I second that motion.  I would do it myself, but I'm tied up in trolling reddit atm.

I don't mean move the existing posts (though I will be glad when this incarnation of the bar goes into the hopper), but just move the ongoing conversation to his LOOK AT ME thread.
Molon Lube

Cain

Pæs

Fair call. I think his meltdown trajectory is changing towards less lulzy, more boring repetition, anyway.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 11, 2015, 05:10:23 AM
Quote from: Cain on June 11, 2015, 05:06:47 AM

I don't mean move the existing posts (though I will be glad when this incarnation of the bar goes into the hopper), but just move the ongoing conversation to his LOOK AT ME thread.

Can do!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 11, 2015, 05:03:57 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 11, 2015, 04:16:50 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 11, 2015, 04:07:49 AM
The most fun I've had this month is writing a resume that won't land me in jail.

Phrasing is everything.

Indeed!  :lulz:

"Handled client & vendor contractual issues." - Science Gestapo.

"Guarded a district court judge and handled routine routine affairs." - The Judge.

"Routine affairs"  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 11, 2015, 05:52:51 AM
The most fun I've had this month is writing a resume that won't land me in jail.

Phrasing is everything.

"Guarded a district court judge and handled routine routine affairs." - The Judge.

"Every day" counts as "routine".
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 11, 2015, 06:04:32 AM

Phrasing is everything.

I like your style, Spin Doktor Howl.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 11, 2015, 06:14:50 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 11, 2015, 06:04:32 AM

Phrasing is everything.

I like your style, Spin Doktor Howl.

I look at it like this:

Some asshole once said that "if you eliminate the impossible, what's left - however improbable - is the truth."

Which works unless you're in Tucson or Portland or maybe London, where reality is kinda subjective, and doesn't cooperate.  So you have to redefine reality more or less constantly.

And that's all I'm doing, really.  Redefining reality to account for things.
Molon Lube

POFP

It's somewhat fulfilling getting the chance to take a shit using the women's restroom. My only regret is that I didn't eat blazin wings beforehand.

Janitorial duty (lol) at the movie theater does have its perks.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

hooplala

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 11, 2015, 06:36:34 AM
It's somewhat fulfilling getting the chance to take a shit using the women's restroom. My only regret is that I didn't eat blazin wings beforehand.

SATIRE!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

POFP

Quote from: Hoopla on June 11, 2015, 06:39:19 AM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 11, 2015, 06:36:34 AM

SATIRE!

Ayyy lmao

1 for 1

Now clean my poopies
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Freeky

Yesterday, I got myself an eye exam and ordered new glasses.  My left eye is significantly worse than when I got these glasses, but my right is still mostly where it was.  The woman who helped me pick them out took my picture of several I was considering on an iPad.  I looked nearly human in some of them! :)

hooplala

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on June 11, 2015, 08:07:22 PM
Yesterday, I got myself an eye exam and ordered new glasses.  My left eye is significantly worse than when I got these glasses, but my right is still mostly where it was.  The woman who helped me pick them out took my picture of several I was considering on an iPad.  I looked nearly human in some of them! :)

My left eye is the same. We would've been monocle wearers back in they day.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman