News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

What's Your Story?

Started by Cramulus, June 08, 2011, 03:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I dwell on the disappointments dished about by those around me, who couldn't be arsed to be human, or to consider me human.  So what do I do?

Why, I spend most of every day plotting ways to rid the world of all humans.

And then I write funny 2-pagers about my motivations here, and everyone gives me mittens, because...Hell, he can't be serious, right?  No, it's just that funny old reverend telling tales.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cuddlefish

I do what i do when I do it.

What I do is a reflection of the situation I'm in, or the environment around me.

What I do from day to day changes sometimes, and sometimes it's the same stuff.

Sometimes, I do nothing, and I am ok with that.

I try to never do more than is necessary, because that would be too much.

Sometimes, I feel the need to over do it.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Sir Squid Diddimus

I mother a child with musical talents that I'm jealous of.

I paint childish pictures, draw, doodle and sew my own clothes.

I brew beer in a closet and sing in the shower (poorly).

I ask people really personal questions and pretend like I'm listening when they answer me.

I'm really good with tarot cards but never use them or read them for anyone because I think they're silly.

I collect shoes that I never wear.

I cook really well, but don't do it often.

I gross people out when I'm bored.

I dwell on things that hurt me but pretend like nothing does.

I daydream

I can butcher a chicken at lightning speed

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 08, 2011, 08:23:39 PM
I dwell on the disappointments dished about by those around me, who couldn't be arsed to be human, or to consider me human.  So what do I do?

And then I write funny 2-pagers about my motivations here, and everyone gives me mittens, because...Hell, he can't be serious, right?  No, it's just that funny old reverend telling tales.

Haha

Oh, you THINK we don't take you seriously.

But some of us not only take you seriously, but are also filled with glee at your vision.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm a musician and I play in an original band. Primarily it's guitar and male vocals. My vocals need improvement. My guitar work is good, but I'm no virtuoso. Heavy and/or Fast is what I like and want. Technical is added spice.

I can also play bass guitar, and I'm picking up mandolin and keyboard in pieces. I intend to start up a side project this summer. I also intend to start up (read: "reunite") a fake Mormon bluegrass band to further a particularly long and involved prank that I'm primarily playing on my other guitarist, but am also playing on other people. Every other member of my band is in on the prank.

I admit to being a full drunk, but I've recently come out of a particularly long and unpleasant bout of depression, and thus intend to go back to being a borderline/occasional drunk. Also in a similar vein, I intend to quit smoking tobacco entirely and permanently in the next 2 months, and in the next couple of weeks try and start losing the 30 pounds that seem to have come out of nowhere (I can't put on some of my summer wear).

Other than that I am primarily interested in languages and anything to do with the universe. I am however, a notorious slacker and procrastinator, so I only go so far with those (As far as non-English languages go, I am best at Latin, since it was compulsory at my high school. I would like better skill in Irish and Russian. I am satisfied with my level of French, since I don't expect to use it very often and that it occasionally offends my ears). I also am not particularly good at math, so astronomy will always be kind of a neat thing to read about.

I am fairly passionate about history, and that is what I am majoring in. I tend to prefer ancient European/Near East history.

Recently I have become somewhat entranced by the daytime sky, and it fills me with a sense of how big it is in comparison to me. The night time sky fills me with the same feeling for different reasons and to a different degree (we are talking light years here).

I have a tendency to buy office supplies on impulse.

I enjoy spending time with my girlfriend (A Villager at PD, also my bassist and best friend), even if we're not really doing anything in particular (I have recently gotten her into Star Trek, so it's always a fall back. And yes. She missed Star Trek the first go around. All of it, including Enterprise with Scott Bakula. She grew up in a horror film household).

I'm initially shy in person unless drink is involved. I get used to you after maybe 3 or 4 encounters and then can deal with you sober. Providence spags minus Dimo- you probably reach that point this Saturday if you come to LMNO's show. Dimo, you're already there, since this will be our 4th meet.

My middle range goals are to finish what I started, particularly CDGASM. And thank you Coyote for goading me to keep up with it. Now I have to goad myself to keep up with it.

I like meeting up with and hanging out with PDers. None of you have disappointed me yet, and even though we don't see each other often, I consider a good amount of you to be middle range to close friends. And those of you that I haven't met in person, I look forward to the day that I can, barring the very few.

I am an only son/step-son, and only grandson on one side, cousin and nephew to many on the other (the American side and not the Irish. Contracting polio puts a damper on reproduction), a brother to two (one just turned 28 and one 14 going 15. I am the oldest at 29 going 30, both as of August), and an uncle to a niece (6) that I've met maybe 3 times and a nephew (2) I've never met (My sister moved away a long time ago). I have more in common with my 14 year old sister than my 28 year old sister. I am currently living with my mom, step-father and youngest sis due to a few different circumstances, but I am moving out again most likely in mid July.

The Nephew in my screen name is a mockery of using family relations to describe a religious position (Father, Brother, Sister, Mother Superior....), in case you were wondering.

I most likely forgot some stuff, but I imagine that covers the stuff that is important to me/things that PDers might be interested in knowing.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Richter

I learn.  I can't seem to stop, which is odd given the grade / classroom phobia I seem to have

The rest of the time, I teach.  Some hours I get paid for this, because it's about specific, esoteric topics. Much of the time, I don't.
I can get pedantic, but I prefer not to.  The best teaching is by example, and it's simple enough to keep up one, tossing in bits and pieces here and there when highlighting is necessary.  I could be an asshole, troll, or manipulator, to be fair I am, but I'd really rather see people develop.  Mainly because the opposite depresses me. 

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Placid Dingo

I teach Japanese and spend a long time in marking hell.

I go to the gym a whole lot.

I teach English to some of the local Chinese guys, and am taking on a new client tonight.

I play hockey.

I get out of my little town where I can, usually to Brisbane but this weekend off to Townsville.

I write when I can but am finding getting started on my current project really painful.

I make music that's now graduated to being 'not bad' using looping.

I play with my own Cressing ideas.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Eve Hill

I play pranks on deserving neighbors.

I paint, write, and sculpt. Not very well but enough to keep me entertained.

I drink enormous amounts of coffee every day.

I'm the designated driver/sober cab for my friends.

I have yet to find out where that extra 4 cents came from so my checkbook can balance out to the penny.

I spend more time on the internet than I intend to.

I often post maybe a 3rd of what I originally typed. If I don't delete it altogether.

Cramulus

Quote from: Richter on June 08, 2011, 11:38:13 PM
I learn.  I can't seem to stop, which is odd given the grade / classroom phobia I seem to have

The rest of the time, I teach.  Some hours I get paid for this, because it's about specific, esoteric topics. Much of the time, I don't.
I can get pedantic, but I prefer not to.  The best teaching is by example, and it's simple enough to keep up one, tossing in bits and pieces here and there when highlighting is necessary.  I could be an asshole, troll, or manipulator, to be fair I am, but I'd really rather see people develop.  Mainly because the opposite depresses me.  

Also, you have a utility kit to rival Batman's.

Jenne

I read, I write some (which never no one but my computer ever sees), I cook, I am one of those sick bastards who loves karaoke and does it often, I give a lot of parties for people, I'm a PTA guru and have volunteered roughly 10K or so hours in the last 5 years doing it, I internet far too much, I raise my kiddos to be like me, I sometimes try my hand at crafting (sewing, home decorating, card/stationery making, etc), I occaisionally read tarot, and I just try to survive this thing called life.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Jenne on June 09, 2011, 01:15:29 AM
I read, I write some (which never no one but my computer ever sees), I cook, I am one of those sick bastards who loves karaoke and does it often, I give a lot of parties for people, I'm a PTA guru and have volunteered roughly 10K or so hours in the last 5 years doing it, I internet far too much, I raise my kiddos to be like me, I sometimes try my hand at crafting (sewing, home decorating, card/stationery making, etc), I occaisionally read tarot, and I just try to survive this thing called life.

If karaoke makes you a sick bastard, then, I must also be a sick bastard.

Fortunately, they have Danzig and Judas Priest where I usually go.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Luna

Quote from: Cramulus on June 09, 2011, 01:10:22 AM
I learn.  I can't seem to stop, which is odd given the grade / classroom phobia I seem to have

The rest of the time, I teach.  Some hours I get paid for this, because it's about specific, esoteric topics. Much of the time, I don't.
I can get pedantic, but I prefer not to.  The best teaching is by example, and it's simple enough to keep up one, tossing in bits and pieces here and there when highlighting is necessary.  I could be an asshole, troll, or manipulator, to be fair I am, but I'd really rather see people develop.  Mainly because the opposite depresses me.  

Truth.   :lulz:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Richter

Quote from: Luna on June 09, 2011, 02:25:18 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on June 09, 2011, 01:10:22 AM

Truth.   :lulz:

:)  Thanks y'all.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

maphdet

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

maphdet

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 08, 2011, 08:23:39 PM

I secretly think you want to save the humans. Shhh.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-