News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Roger: An Apology

Started by Captain Utopia, March 27, 2011, 07:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on March 28, 2011, 05:29:05 AM
I got banned.  WTF?  I haven't even been on EB&G except to watch this drama unfold and quite some time ago to ask Bella's advice on making money as a telephone psychic.

I'm gonna throw in with the people saying that it's looking like Church of Google.  I'd been remaining neutral, but pre-emptive bannings is pretty bad.

Enjoy your dead forum Captain Utopia.
:lulz:

Captain Utopia

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2011, 05:25:42 AM
Quote from: Captain Utopia on March 28, 2011, 05:24:56 AM

That's a low fucking accusation.

You'll notice that this isn't a denial.   :lulz:

Yes!  Look how devious I am!

According to you I'm deleting posts, presumably cooking the logs too, and my super smart plan to get away with it, isn't to simply lie, but to... avoid the question!  Sweet irony.

I must be a motherfucking genius.

Of course I deny it.  It's just that I have no way to prove it.  I'm not going to convince _anyone_ in a matchup between your reputation and mine.  And now that you've made the accusation, there's no way for you to back down without ruining your own.

This is check-mate, isn't it.

Phox

So, CU. Why was BH banned? Serious question. He hasn't even posted anything.

Captain Utopia

I got banned.  WTF?  I haven't even been on EB&G except to watch this drama unfold and quite some time ago to ask Bella's advice on making money as a telephone psychic.

I'm gonna throw in with the people saying that it's looking like Church of Google.  I'd been remaining neutral, but pre-emptive bannings is pretty bad.

You were banned on 2010-12-29.  No reason given.  I've lifted it now, since I see no reason for it being there.

Of course - I didn't have any admin access to EB&G until this year, so it was not a pre-emptive banning.  I'm not quite stupid enough not to know what retribution any banning would entail.  Dan might still have a backup of the database which could verify these facts if you care enough, but I'm content to let it go for now since in light of Rogers accusation, this is small potatoes.

Phox

Quote from: Captain Utopia on March 28, 2011, 05:51:49 AM

You were banned on 2010-12-29.  No reason given.  I've lifted it now, since I see no reason for it being there.

Of course - I didn't have any admin access to EB&G until this year, so it was not a pre-emptive banning.  I'm not quite stupid enough not to know what retribution any banning would entail.  Dan might still have a backup of the database which could verify these facts if you care enough, but I'm content to let it go for now since in light of Rogers accusation, this is small potatoes.
I will accept that answer, since... Well, I don't really care.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Captain Utopia on March 28, 2011, 05:51:49 AM

I was?  That's weird.  I assumed it was recent since I could read Roger's posts up till now but i guess I just hadn't needed to log in for them.  
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Captain Utopia

Unless Roger admits that he is lying about his accusation that I deleted a bunch of his posts, then I'm quitting EB&G and Discordia altogether.

Your call Roger, are you going to press the button?

http://www.erisbarandgrill.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=11029&pid=266787#pid266787

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

CU, you fucked up when you posted that deliberately inflammatory "poll". It came off as a transparent excuse to indict Roger, by implication, for circumventing your "authority" or something. Playing innocent and pretending that's not at all what you meant just makes you appear weak, lame, and possibly stupid.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Scribbly

Well, I'd say the ultimatum makes it clear he really is just dense.

He's putting the ball in Roger's court, and abdicating responsibility for his actions. Assuming for the sake of argument that Roger IS lying (which I don't think is likely anyway), the only reason he would be doing so would be to embarrass and shame CU. In which case, there is no reason for him to 'come clean' unless he has some respect for CU and his contributions to the community. Which, clearly, at this point, he doesn't.

CU is basically asking Roger to make himself look like an idiot, so that CU can then be vindicated in the eyes of everyone else for throwing a huge tantrum. There is no reason why Rog would do this. He also seems to think that even if Roger IS lying (or mistaken) about the post thing, that would make him right on every other count. Where actually, he still just looks like a weak moron who can't figure out what an apology should look like, even if he's right on this matter. Which I doubt he is.

If he wanted some respect, he should either have stood up and outright said 'This is no longer worth the stress, I'm gone.' Which at least shows he can own his own decisions, or 'Fuck Roger, I know I'm right I'm not letting this get to me'. Unfortunately, it obviously DOES get to him, and he's convinced himself that everyone in the community would have sided with Roger based purely on his reputation, and not the fact CU has acted like a giant douche since this began.

TL;DR -CU is falling back on Roger Mindlasers. Lawl.

I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Faust

Quote from: Captain Utopia on March 28, 2011, 07:33:58 AM
then I'm quitting EB&G and Discordia altogether.

http://www.erisbarandgrill.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=11029&pid=266787#pid266787

The fact that you would make such a proposition makes me say yes you should separate yourself from the bar and grill but for completely different reasons.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Phox

Roger is most certainly NOT lying about the missing post. Whether CU deleted it or not, I can't say. That is all.

hooplala

Jesus Christ... CU, why? WHY?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Adios

Quote from: Captain Utopia on March 28, 2011, 07:33:58 AM
Unless Roger admits that he is lying about his accusation that I deleted a bunch of his posts, then I'm quitting EB&G and Discordia altogether.

No you're not quitting the Bar, quit Discordia if you wish.

Jenne

This whole fucking thing is making me want to shit nails.

I'm shaking my head thinking maybe I just need to take a fucking break from it ALL.  Except for LMNO's Spider thread.

FUCK THIS. 

WHY is this thread even necessary?  WHY?

Jesus fucking christ on a fucking pogostick.

Isn't life shitty enough?  Isn't it?  Goddammit motherfucking hell shit fuck damn cock suck cunt dick shit shit shit shit...

Adios

Quote from: Jenne on March 28, 2011, 03:07:05 PM
This whole fucking thing is making me want to shit nails.

I'm shaking my head thinking maybe I just need to take a fucking break from it ALL.  Except for LMNO's Spider thread.

FUCK THIS. 

WHY is this thread even necessary?  WHY?

Jesus fucking christ on a fucking pogostick.

Isn't life shitty enough?  Isn't it?  Goddammit motherfucking hell shit fuck damn cock suck cunt dick shit shit shit shit...

I love you. Does that help?