News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Just a friendly Manning related reminder...

Started by Cain, March 14, 2011, 07:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Last week, State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley attacked Manning's detention conditions (which have become increasingly harsh and Abu Ghraib-esque) as "ridiculous, counterproductive and stupid".  He didn't actually use the word torture, but he came probably as close to it as any public official has so far.

Obama roused himself from his otherwise absolute silence on the issue, replying pretty much with a "so what?", stating he had been assured the treatment of Manning was perfectly within the set out guidelines.

And now, P.J. Crowley has "resigned".  And according to CNN, that "resignation" came under pressure from White House officials.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

This is absolutely unsurprising.

CHANGE!
\
:obama:   <--- we need to fix this.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

:lulz: :horrormirth:

He can't even have underwear at night because he's a suicide risk...

How do you kill yourself with underwear?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jasper

I can think of ways to kill someone else with it, but myself?  Bit of a head scratcher.

LMNO

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 14, 2011, 07:28:16 PM
I can think of ways to kill someone else with it, but myself?  Bit of a head scratcher.

Put your head through one of the holes, find/make a hook in the wall, lean forward.

LMNO
-don't ask me how I know this.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 14, 2011, 07:30:11 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on March 14, 2011, 07:28:16 PM
I can think of ways to kill someone else with it, but myself?  Bit of a head scratcher.

Put your head through one of the holes, find/make a hook in the wall, lean forward.

LMNO
-don't ask me how I know this.

Ah... well then they should just give him cheap one that are likely to rip rather than leaving him naked in a cell with no sheets.

Jasper

Mm.

Getting really ashamed for ever having voted for Barry.  I didn't really expect change, it was more a "please god not McCain" thing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 14, 2011, 07:26:38 PM
:lulz: :horrormirth:

He can't even have underwear at night because he's a suicide risk... keeping someone naked all the time is a good way to help break them, for the coerced accusation you need to "deal with" Assange.

How do you kill yourself with underwear?

Fixed that.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Yup.

It should be noted the circumstances under which Manning was put on suicide watch, which is why he is stripped naked and hauled out of his cell every two hours (thus depriving him of sleep), is also extremely vague and suspect.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 14, 2011, 07:33:19 PM
Mm.

Getting really ashamed for ever having voted for Barry.  I didn't really expect change, it was more a "please god not McCain" thing.

For me it came down to "HOLY CRAP, PALIN CAN'T BE THAT CLOSE TO THE PRESIDENCY"... in the end, I'm still OK with that decision.  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 14, 2011, 07:37:13 PM
Yup.

It should be noted the circumstances under which Manning was put on suicide watch, which is why he is stripped naked and hauled out of his cell every two hours (thus depriving him of sleep), is also extremely vague and suspect.

Good thing we reserve that sort of shit to get absolutely vital intelligence from Al Qaeda suspects to stop the ticking atomic bomb in a crowded city and all.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2011, 07:40:45 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 14, 2011, 07:37:13 PM
Yup.

Good thing we reserve that sort of shit to get absolutely vital intelligence from Al Qaeda suspects to stop the ticking atomic bomb in a crowded city and all.

You're either with us or against us!
          \
:cheney:

Luna

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 14, 2011, 07:39:18 PM
Mm.

For me it came down to "HOLY CRAP, PALIN CAN'T BE THAT CLOSE TO THE PRESIDENCY"... in the end, I'm still OK with that decision.  :lulz:

This.  Also, "if he's gone senile enough to pick THAT as his running mate, he's too senile to be President."
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 14, 2011, 07:44:02 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on March 14, 2011, 07:39:18 PM
Mm.

For me it came down to "HOLY CRAP, PALIN CAN'T BE THAT CLOSE TO THE PRESIDENCY"... in the end, I'm still OK with that decision.  :lulz:

This.  Also, "if he's gone senile enough to pick THAT as his running mate, he's too senile to be President."

I think you both have your heads up your arses.

Palin couldn't be that much worse, and she'd be a hell of a lot funnier.

Obama's jokes were funnier when the other guy did them.