News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Discourse 30: World: idle?

Started by Trollax, August 04, 2004, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

sakredchao

Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferis
Quote from: sakredchaoto say the mayan calendar has an "end" is like saying that a wheel has an end or the tarot has an end..  (is that redundant?)

wheels in wheels in wheels in wheels in wheels

kim, reading ezekiel
actualy it is not like that. but good effort.

how would -you- describe it, turbo?

everything i've read has described it as wheels in wheels.  -everything-.  i have never seen or heard the mayan calendar described as anything but.  so, please show me the way, since you're privy to information that no one else is.
consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

Guido Finucci

Quote from: sakredchaoto say the mayan calendar has an "end" is like saying that a wheel has an end or the tarot has an end..  (is that redundant?)

But it does have a 'beginning and ending mark' on each of those wheels and, for the first time since the calendar was made, we are about to come to the beginning/end ot the largest of those wheels (which also coincides with the beginning/end of all of the others).

The Odometer is about to roll over to all zeros again and no one qualified is around to tell us what this actually means, if it means anything.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Guido Finucci

But it does have a 'beginning and ending mark' on each of those wheels and, for the first time since the calendar was made, we are about to come to the beginning/end ot the largest of those wheels (which also coincides with the beginning/end of all of the others).

The Odometer is about to roll over to all zeros again and no one qualified is around to tell us what this actually means, if it means anything.

i'm qualified, but i get my kicks fromwatchign peopel squrim ;)
Hell is other people.

sakredchao

rolling over is very different than 'ending' is all i was saying.

"the world ending" implies kaput.  no more.
maybe it's just symantecs, but i was just saying it was a cycle ending not the world.

Trollax

Quote from: sakredchaothe mayan calendar does not say anything about the end of the world, but the end of a cycle.
actually the mayan calander says nothing of the end of a cycle... the mayan calander merely has an end.

which ought to tell you something abotu the general mindset of these asshats...

Trollax

Quote from: ListerI know nothing about the Mayans or their calendar, but might it not be possible that one day they just said "Haven't we got enough already?" and went off to play soccer with the head of a spanish conquistadore...?

my general train of thought as opposed to... "OMG the end of the world is coming because a lot of ancient dead guys who ate hearts said so!"

Well, if the ancients were so wise, why the fuck are they dead?

DJRubberducky

Quote from: Guido FinucciBut it does have a 'beginning and ending mark' on each of those wheels and, for the first time since the calendar was made, we are about to come to the beginning/end ot the largest of those wheels (which also coincides with the beginning/end of all of the others).
That, and there are the tales about how the First Cycle ended with everyone dying.  And how the Second Cycle ended with everyone dying.  And how the Third Cycle ended with everyone dying.

These people aren't panicked about the world ending.  They're panicked that they're going to die in some catastrophe.  It's all about them. :D
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

sakredchao

oh..  well obviously everyone didn't die..  unless..  maybe..  
YOU'RE NOT REAL!

*cough* sorry.

well what's so bad about a lot of people dieing.  good for life for putting us in check.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: sakredchao

kim, reading ezekiel

everything i've read has described it as wheels in wheels.  -everything-.  i have never seen or heard the mayan calendar described as anything but.  so, please show me the way, since you're privy to information that no one else is.
actually I am privy to the same info as every one else... I tend to actually read the entire text rather then just the captions under the pictures... or short descriptions of it... I also have one detailing the several phenomena that stonhenge points to... big deal...but if someone was to say it only pointed to one event a year. I would say they were wrong... if they asked me to detail it while useing an insulting name ... I would say look it up your self schmuck it's not like I'm the only one privy to this information... I show no one the way because I let other peoples passion lead them and if you have no desire to do the reasearch then you obviously do not have the passion on the subject that others do.

and I guess you are confussing mere desciption with detailed analisys
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD
Quote from: ListerI know nothing about the Mayans or their calendar, but might it not be possible that one day they just said "Haven't we got enough already?" and went off to play soccer with the head of a spanish conquistadore...?

my general train of thought as opposed to... "OMG the end of the world is coming because a lot of ancient dead guys who ate hearts said so!"

Well, if the ancients were so wise, why the fuck are they dead?
actually I don't think they said the world was comeing to an end on a particular date ... the calander merely ends.

Quote from: sakredchaorolling over is very different than 'ending' is all i was saying.

"the world ending" implies kaput.  no more.
maybe it's just symantecs, but i was just saying it was a cycle ending not the world.
hhhmmmm... *notices no moving parts on the calander*

I dont know what he mean by roll-over on this...

sakredchao

kim, reading ezekiel

actually I am privy to the same info as every one else... I tend to actually read the entire text rather then just the captions under the pictures... or short descriptions of it... I also have one detailing the several phenomena that stonhenge points to... big deal...but if someone was to say it only pointed to one event a year. I would say they were wrong... if they asked me to detail it while useing an insulting name ... I would say look it up your self schmuck it's not like I'm the only one privy to this information... I show no one the way because I let other peoples passion lead them and if you have no desire to do the reasearch then you obviously do not have the passion on the subject that others do.

as i said.  i've read the books.

oh no, it's december!!  WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO!?!?!?

i believe that rollover was a continuation of his odometer metaphor.
if you read the post instead of just the caption on the picture...

kim, reading ezekiel

as i said.  i've read the books.

oh no, it's december!!  WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO!?!?!?

i believe that rollover was a continuation of his odometer metaphor.
if you read the post instead of just the caption on the picture...

hmm yes I think you under standnow just because the calander ends doesn't mean the end of the world happens... just because the calandar could go further that doesn't mean it does... I thought you might be able to figure it out.

sakredchao

::blink::

i get the distinct impression that you didn't read anything i typed.

good show!