News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

Split From Alphabet Thread.

Started by zen_magick, February 05, 2013, 09:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zen_magick

In the spirit of PD, I'm not erasing Zen Magick's bullshit, but I am splitting it from the main thread.  Everyone gets their say, but that doesn't mean a thread being enjoyed by everyone except that particular bitter little prick has to be ruined.

Any further bullshit on THAT thread will be in THIS thread, the next time I log in.

- Roger

P is for PLAGIARISM

The DOUBTER'S COMPANION: A Dictionary of Aggressive Common Sense Saul, John Ralston. The Free Press: NY, 1994. ISBN 0-02-927722-1

A is for Answers - page 25
B is for Business Schools - pages 50-51
C is for Corporatism - pages 74-79
D is for Direct Democracy p.106-109
E is for Elites - p.119
F is for Facts - p.127-128
G is for Growth - p.148-152
H is for Hard Work - p.157-158
I is for Instrumental Reason - p.175-177
J is for Jobs - p.184-185
K is for Kant, Immanuel - p.187-188
L is for Ludendorff, Erich - p.197
M is for Mussolini, Benito - p.209-211
N is for Neo-Conservative - p.218-220
O is for Optimism - p.223-224
P is for Philosophy - p.231-233

Or is P really for phoney or paraphraser?

Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

Cain

Quote from: zen_magick on January 03, 2013, 09:38:07 AM
This is BRILLIANT!

Cain you have out done yourself.

Reminiscent of John Ralston Saul's "The Doubter's Companion: A Dictionary of Aggressive Common Sense" as well as his "Voltaire's Bastards". I have to agree with the others that want to see this put into print.

Thanks and please keep it coming.

:mittens:

Z_M

Quote from: Cain on January 03, 2013, 11:08:59 AM
Thank you.  JRS is a huge influence on my thinking, so I take that to be a great compliment.

I'm still deciding what to do in regards to O.  I should have some time this weekend to do a number of installments, though.

M is for Memory Loss.

I already admitted JRS was a huge influence on this.  Incidentally, I wouldn't know if I was copying the Doubter's Dictionary or not, because I sold mine 2 years ago.

I'd also like to think, if I was copying, it wouldn't take me so long to come up with an entry for each letter.

Cain

Also, maybe you'd like to see my drafts for all the other options I did for each letter, and discarded because I either felt they weren't good enough, or didn't quite convey what I was trying to get across. 

Let's see, for A I also had:

A=A
Ancien Regime
A Levels
Ancient Greeks, Not Influenced By
Advertising
Anglican Church

All which have written entries for.  Each other letter has about the same amount written for it.  I'd write out several, then pick the one I felt was best.

zen_magick

Quote from: Cain on February 05, 2013, 10:54:15 AM
Quote from: zen_magick on January 03, 2013, 09:38:07 AM
This is BRILLIANT!

Cain you have out done yourself.

Reminiscent of John Ralston Saul's "The Doubter's Companion: A Dictionary of Aggressive Common Sense" as well as his "Voltaire's Bastards". I have to agree with the others that want to see this put into print.

Thanks and please keep it coming.

:mittens:

Z_M

Quote from: Cain on January 03, 2013, 11:08:59 AM
Thank you.  JRS is a huge influence on my thinking, so I take that to be a great compliment.

I'm still deciding what to do in regards to O.  I should have some time this weekend to do a number of installments, though.

M is for Memory Loss.

I already admitted JRS was a huge influence on this.  Incidentally, I wouldn't know if I was copying the Doubter's Dictionary or not, because I sold mine 2 years ago.

I'd also like to think, if I was copying, it wouldn't take me so long to come up with an entry for each letter.

Hmmm, teachers in this country would have to say FAIL!!

Sounds more like you knew you got called out and laid off the obvious for your own dignities sake. But whatever.

Plus, there are many. many direct quotes which I didn't bother with because it is just to sad. So pat yourself on the back and continue with the fraud of your life if it makes you feel special.

Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

Cain

More like you've got a case of butthurt, and a driving need to justify it, to the point of even ignoring your previous posts.

zen_magick

Nice and articulate response, Cain.

I was being subtle and ironic hoping you would stop with my post in this thread but no you had to just keep flipping through the pages and acting like we don't read in the States so go Fuck yourself!

The plagiarism is there for all to read for themselves and you can try to hide behind the people you have fooled into believing you are their golden boy but truth is truth. The entries do not lie even though you do.

It is no wonder this forum is dying if you represent original thought.

peace out
Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

zen_magick

Quote from: Cain on February 05, 2013, 11:01:57 AM
Also, maybe you'd like to see my drafts for all the other options I did for each letter, and discarded because I either felt they weren't good enough, or didn't quite convey what I was trying to get across. 

Let's see, for A I also had:

A=A
Ancien Regime
A Levels
Ancient Greeks, Not Influenced By
Advertising
Anglican Church

All which have written entries for.  Each other letter has about the same amount written for it.  I'd write out several, then pick the one I felt was best.

Oh and all sixteen entries align exactly with John Ralston Saul? Then my odds of hitting the lottery outta be really freaking low right?

Yeah, I know I suck but at least I'm man enough to swallow!

Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

LMNO

Quote from: zen_magick on February 05, 2013, 11:04:46 AM
there are many. many direct quotes which I didn't bother with

I call your bluff.  The chances of having similar entries would naturally be higher than random, because the whole point is that these are widely-used terms that are being used, mis-used, abused, and subverted.  It's an Alphabet of Bullshit for fuck's sake.  Of course Business Schools, Democracy, and Facts would have a greater than average probability of being used as terms.  Add to that Cain's well-known history of knowledge regarding Western philosophy and political theory, and it's almost a guarantee that Kant and Mussolini would be picked.

So, please to offer direct quotes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: zen_magick on February 05, 2013, 11:19:06 AM
Nice and articulate response, Cain.

I was being subtle and ironic

No, you weren't.

1.  Cain referenced the original author that he got the idea from.  An outright plagiarist wouldn't make things so easy.

2.  You can't be bothered with direct quotes.  I wonder why that is?

3.  You have, in your time on this board, done basically nothing but snipe at people.  What did you hope to accomplish here?  If Cain has swiped something, then shame on him...BUT his track record indicates otherwise, whereas you came on, made the accusation, and then can't be bothered with backing said accusation up with proper quotes.  What seems more likely is that you decided that a thread many people were enjoying had to be killed.

So put up or shut up.  Direct quotes or GTFO.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

zen_magick

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 05, 2013, 01:44:32 PM
Quote from: zen_magick on February 05, 2013, 11:04:46 AM
there are many. many direct quotes which I didn't bother with

I call your bluff.  The chances of having similar entries would naturally be higher than random, because the whole point is that these are widely-used terms that are being used, mis-used, abused, and subverted.  It's an Alphabet of Bullshit for fuck's sake.  Of course Business Schools, Democracy, and Facts would have a greater than average probability of being used as terms.  Add to that Cain's well-known history of knowledge regarding Western philosophy and political theory, and it's almost a guarantee that Kant and Mussolini would be picked.

So, please to offer direct quotes.

No the ISBN number and page numbers are real! You asshole! Look them up yourself! Page numbers are correct I am not your middle school teacher if your butt feathers are not in order that's your fault.

Oh your golden idol may not glow as much! Do your own homework you worm!

Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

LMNO

:lolchix:

[ETA: TGRR, we're probably gonna need a threadsplit when the inevitable begins.]

zen_magick

You can't be asked to read. I know so go fuck yourself and I'll go do the same. Just look into your heroes and realizes John Wayne sucked as much cock as Roger does!
Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

LMNO

Well, to answer more formally, I do not have a copy of that book; and while it looks interesting and I may purchase it at a later time, it would seem the onus is on those who actually possess a copy, especially if the charge is plagerism.  If I did already own the book, I would most certainly double-check; however, since that information would be more burdensome on me than on you, it seems suspicious that you would not offer up the information you obtained.

Also, you seem to be in a particularly bad mood today.  Anything on your mind, kid?

EK WAFFLR

Actually, the entries with the same titles as Cain's entries are VASTLY DIFFERENT.

So, zen_douchenozzle, go lick a poison ivy.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Anna Mae Bollocks

zen_moron threw the gauntlet down at Cain?

Oh, dear... :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division