News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Nigel just made a threat using the concept of Brownian motion.

My dick is so hard right now.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I just biked a 120 mile week in all 90° weather and I feel fucking great.

8)

I think I need a motor vehicle whacking apparatus—something that makes a really loud noise, but does absolutely no damage. Maybe a fly swatter. Yeah.

Next week: 200 miles.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Reginald Ret

Quote from: N E T on May 04, 2015, 05:26:10 AM

8)

I think I need a motor vehicle whacking apparatus—something that makes a really loud noise, but does absolutely no damage. Maybe a fly swatter. Yeah.

Nice!

Your courage notwithstanding, your country still needs proper bike paths/roads. Even dedicated lanes would be a major improvement.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 04, 2015, 07:06:58 AM

8)

Nice!

Your courage notwithstanding, your country still needs proper bike paths/roads. Even dedicated lanes would be a major improvement.

Oh we have lanes in some cities. In fact in this city, we have the most bike lanes per square city mile in the nation (at least as of a few years ago). Not the most bicycle infrastructure but the most bike lanes. For people who don't ride their bikes for transportation you'd think this would be great. But their effective purpose is to be a buffer for parked cars so self-absorbed jackasses can suddenly fling their door open and not worry about motorized traffic slamming into it. They're a sick joke.

We definitely need cycle paths otherwise known as protected bike lanes, but this is largely a perceptual problem. Statistically, you are more likely to get killed in a motor vehicle or as a pedestrian. People just think they're safer in their cars.

I measured it, if I can smack someone's car with a fly swatter, they are violating California's brand spanking new 3 feet law.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Reginald Ret

Quote from: N E T on May 04, 2015, 10:18:08 AM

8)

Nice!

Oh we have lanes in some cities. In fact in this city, we have the most bike lanes per square city mile in the nation (at least as of a few years ago). Not the most bicycle infrastructure but the most bike lanes. For people who don't ride their bikes for transportation you'd think this would be great. But their effective purpose is to be a buffer for parked cars so self-absorbed jackasses can suddenly fling their door open and not worry about motorized traffic slamming into it. They're a sick joke.

We definitely need cycle paths otherwise known as protected bike lanes, but this is largely a perceptual problem. Statistically, you are more likely to get killed in a motor vehicle or as a pedestrian. People just think they're safer in their cars.

I measured it, if I can smack someone's car with a fly swatter, they are violating California's brand spanking new 3 feet law.
Hah! that could get interesting if they get mad.

That just means pedestrians need their own protected lanes as well. Not cars though, that is a different issue.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

8)

Nice!

We seriously do need bike roads. So badly. SO. BADLY.

The only reason I'm not planning on riding my bike to school daily is because half the ride is a terrifying jaunt through heavy traffic. It might not technically be dangerous, but it is nerve-wracking.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Part 18 is up, and the last Science Gestapo story is done.

Era over.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It looks like the Peru trip is a go.

The only downside to this is it means I have to take physics in a three-week condensed class.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 04, 2015, 06:35:23 PM

The only downside to this is it means I have to take physics in a three-week condensed class.

Woot!

What level of physics?  What's the class number?
Molon Lube

LMNO

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 04, 2015, 06:26:20 PM
Part 18 is up, and the last Science Gestapo story is done.

Era over.
I will miss the Science Gestapo stories.

I hope the new job gives you plenty of good stories too.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 04, 2015, 06:35:23 PM

Congrats!

LMNO

I learned how to make Mexican chorizo.

Nowm what the hell do I do with two pounds of Mexican chorizo?

Cain

What's the difference between Mexican chorizo and normal chorizo?

I tend to use the latter in stir fry dishes, but that's mostly because the store sells them in perfectly sized little containers and it helps cut down on the amount of meat I have with my dinner.

LMNO

Spanish is usually dried and cured, and sliced into delectable rounds.

Mexican is usually not cured, crumbles easily, and has more of a firey bite.