News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

I just got asked what the USA did to hurt me.

Achievement unlocked?

Twid,
Actually felt American and Angry As Shit when that happened. And honestly still angry as shit about it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

I want to out-American this fucker.

I also want to Irish everywhere.

That is to say, just beat the shit out of him and then produce spurious paperwork to legitimize it.

It is weird though. Bastard made me feel patriotic towards the US.

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: :regret: on January 10, 2014, 09:10:21 AM
linky/context?

Is on the FB of a teacher from my old high school. Not sure if he has it set to private.

The short of it is this teacher is largely typically left (except for his weird position on executing drug dealers, which admittedly all came down to "you're retarded" and "wait til you're a dad"), and very union. He posted a Louis D. Brandeis quote to the effect that democracy and concentration of wealth are incompatible.

I mentioned that the US was a plutonomic republic and some dude with an avatar of Reagan (seriously who has avatars of politicians?) started asking about confiscation.

Considering how retarded the postiion of "confiscation" is and my tendency to get a bit crazy eyed about that, the results are probably predictable from that point on.

But at one point I was asked about what the USA did to hurt me. My response was essentially "Um. Nothing. ANd that's fucked up you apparently anti-American fuck")

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 09, 2014, 06:28:10 PM
Quote from: Kaousuu's Krazy Khaki Kristmas Kookies on January 09, 2014, 03:20:22 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 09, 2014, 03:04:06 PM
I love tea. I have to cut back my tea intake, I drink waaaayyyy too much tea.

It can cause kidney stones. :/ Especially if you drink rich black teas. If you're more into green tea and lighter herbals, not so much, but they can still be very dehydrating. Which sucks of course, because tea is worlds better than coffee, imo.

Drinking black tea reduces the risk of kidney stones in women. http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=711282

The myth that tea contributes to kidney stone formation is based solely on its oxalic acid content, not on research into the effects of consumption. Even if the oxalic acid content was a concern, adding milk helps the body process it.

Luckily I'm not prone to kidney stones anyway, though.

I always has milk with my black tea.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Cain on January 09, 2014, 08:30:07 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on January 09, 2014, 06:59:31 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 09, 2014, 06:37:32 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 09, 2014, 06:30:33 PM
So, my son has apparently come up as a match for bone marrow for a very sick 19 year old girl in Canada.  So he's going to DC in February, to endure the glory that is a marrow tap (agonizing, and the drugs make you ill).  For some kid he doesn't even know.

I'm pretty fucking proud of him right now.

So is the USMC, apparently.  They'll be giving him 3 weeks convalescent leave in February, a month before he goes to Okinawa.  So I'll have him back for more time than I expected.

Tell him that some spag he's never met is also really proud of him.

You helped raise a good kid.

Two spags.

Three and a half spags (I need to go running more).

Haha, add me and it counts as 5.

Cain

Quote from: Telarus on January 10, 2014, 12:55:30 AM
Oh shit. Do you remember how "Lena" reacted when I outted that she was associated with that CRAZY South African blog?

I do, that was fun.  For those who don't, start here.

Cain

Quote from: Cain on January 10, 2014, 12:17:31 PM
I do, that was fun.  For those who don't, start here.

I've started a new thread for this discussion here.

Telarus

Ah, I don't think I would have found that. Thanks Cain!
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

LMNO

Suu, your FB friends suck at pedantry.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Cain on January 08, 2014, 04:48:02 PM
Writing about Thailand.  Boring.  Boooooooooring.  Not least because it's for a "respectable" publication, and so I cannot describe it the ongoing political crisis as a turf war between the world's two most boring, aged gangs.  Which is exactly what it is.

I can't wait to trot this one out the next time we go visit ECHGF's family. Some of them are borderline fanatical supporters of the king. It'll be juicy payback for them making me watch his interminable parade and speech on a bad stream feed of Thai TV last month. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: V3X on January 09, 2014, 01:41:05 PM
Speaking of tea, in the last month or so I have developed a fanatical addiction to green tea, which I had formerly decided to hate. I just can't process all this change in my life.

"Green Tea" is a fucking myth. They only call it that because "pencil shavings" didn't play well in the marketing tests.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

If you really want the fireworks to fly, mention how much of an awesome king you'd think the Crown Prince will make.  Bonus points if you suggest he promote his dog from Air Chief Marshal to Supreme Commander of the Thai Air Force.

East Coast Hustle

Oh, I've already heard ALL about the crown prince. Apparently, the loyalist position boils down to "we just have to hope the king never dies". Watching him try to gargle out his barely coherent ramblings in his national speech, I don't think their position is very tenable.

Cain

Yeah, as long-term plans go, putting your bets on a man who has ruled for 67 years is never a good one.

I believe some of the Privy Council are looking at the Princess, though my understanding of the 1924 Palace Law is that while it's not forbidden for them to do so, it's not exactly explictly stated either, and that the Crown Prince, simply by virtue of his title, has good grounds to contest.

Not to mention he's in deep debt to Thaksin, who no doubt sees the benefit of having a King owing him one.