News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: Your Mom on October 14, 2014, 03:29:54 PM
Quote from: Faust on October 14, 2014, 03:27:21 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 14, 2014, 07:40:55 AM
My boyfriend is basically nocturnal. He wanted to spend  the night, and refused melatonin when I offered it to him, and has been in my bed fidgeting every 3 minutes for the last two hours. I am desperately tired and stressed with school, and have to get up at 7 am.

And I am a light sleeper who is easily awakened by movement near me.

Basically I am in my own personal hell right now.

This is one of the only things the fiancée and I ever fight about, I am a fidget (and find very few beds comfortable), I turn every few hours and about once a week I need to get up to the bathroom. She is up at 6:45 to get to work. Maybe I should try melatonin.

Turning every three hours I can live with. Random fidgets every three minutes followed by snoring = massively incompatible sleep style, given my "often insomniac hypervigilant" sleep style.

Not saying it's him. It's not him. But it's also not tolerable.

Is it all the time, how would you feel about separate rooms during the week?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

axod

Quote from: LuciferX on October 13, 2014, 07:48:59 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 13, 2014, 04:59:08 PM
The fascinating thing about her suggestion is that the point of the program is to provide field research experience for me, not to enrich my children's life experiences.

And then it was shortly followed up by another guy lamenting that it's only an 11-day program and not a 6-month program. Jesus fucking christ people, I just want to get accepted to the program I actually applied for, not some hypothetical 6-month program where I can bring my children. Let me at least get accepted to the thing I WANT before starting in on how it's too bad it isn't something else entirely.

I also used to behave like that, sometimes.  It's envy that masks itself with a disparaging comparison.  They will resist the idea that they actually resent you for nearly living their dreams.  The best response I found is to say "I'm so jealous" re: something they do.
Quote from: axod on October 14, 2014, 08:51:43 AM
Alternadly, enjoy the other's willing participation in your deranged fantasy.  Just, put a shirt on next time mnkay? :lulz:
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 14, 2014, 03:24:59 PM
Alternadly, enjoy the other's willing participation in your deranged fantasy.  Just, put a shirt on next time mnkay? :lulz:

Wow.  You're an asshole.  Way to go.
just this

Doktor Howl

This is the poster known as LuciferX.
Molon Lube

axod

just this

LMNO

Faust

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 14, 2014, 06:01:01 PM
Hold on, that nimrod gets two accounts?

He can set them up but we generally out them immediately.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on October 14, 2014, 06:04:46 PM

I thought the rule was one ACTIVE account, and another one if it's FUNNY, but the moment it is used for an attack, it is outed and the person must choose between the accounts.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: axod on October 14, 2014, 05:57:35 PM
So tired right now.

Well, the obvious thing to do when you're tired is log in under a bogus account and attack Nigel.  That's what I do when I can't sleep.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 14, 2014, 06:09:29 PM

I thought the rule was one ACTIVE account, and another one if it's FUNNY, but the moment it is used for an attack, it is outed and the person must choose between the accounts.
I'm not sure. I don't know if there was a rule on them, and yeah I generally out immediately unless the account is a funny.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on October 14, 2014, 06:28:24 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 14, 2014, 06:09:29 PM

I'm not sure. I don't know if there was a rule on them, and yeah I generally out immediately unless the account is a funny.

Not really worried about it as long as they get outed when they pull that Hugh shit.
Molon Lube

Faust

axod

This is LuciferX's tender.  It's how he stelfully traffics all those apaches without getting caught.
just this

Doktor Howl

Quote from: axod on October 14, 2014, 07:29:53 PM
This is LuciferX's tender.  It's how he stelfully traffics all those apaches without getting caught.

Oh, you're off your meds again.

Nevermind.
Molon Lube

axod

just this

Suu

My ankle is killing me today. I'm assuming this is what the PT meant when he said it would get worse before it got better.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."