News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

There is nothing more soothing in this world than two sleeping bull terriers.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on October 14, 2014, 05:38:40 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 14, 2014, 03:29:54 PM
Quote from: Faust on October 14, 2014, 03:27:21 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 14, 2014, 07:40:55 AM
My boyfriend is basically nocturnal. He wanted to spend  the night, and refused melatonin when I offered it to him, and has been in my bed fidgeting every 3 minutes for the last two hours. I am desperately tired and stressed with school, and have to get up at 7 am.

And I am a light sleeper who is easily awakened by movement near me.

Basically I am in my own personal hell right now.

This is one of the only things the fiancée and I ever fight about, I am a fidget (and find very few beds comfortable), I turn every few hours and about once a week I need to get up to the bathroom. She is up at 6:45 to get to work. Maybe I should try melatonin.

Turning every three hours I can live with. Random fidgets every three minutes followed by snoring = massively incompatible sleep style, given my "often insomniac hypervigilant" sleep style.

Not saying it's him. It's not him. But it's also not tolerable.

Is it all the time, how would you feel about separate rooms during the week?

We don't live together, so it's only an occasional problem. The lesson here for me is, no sleepovers on school nights.

If he ever does move in, it will have to be after a kid or two has moved out, so that he could have his own room. But I doubt he'll move in because I don't really ever want to live with anyone again.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Quote from: Your Mom on October 15, 2014, 04:37:13 PM
Quote from: Faust on October 14, 2014, 05:38:40 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 14, 2014, 03:29:54 PM
Quote from: Faust on October 14, 2014, 03:27:21 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 14, 2014, 07:40:55 AM
My boyfriend is basically nocturnal. He wanted to spend  the night, and refused melatonin when I offered it to him, and has been in my bed fidgeting every 3 minutes for the last two hours. I am desperately tired and stressed with school, and have to get up at 7 am.

And I am a light sleeper who is easily awakened by movement near me.

Basically I am in my own personal hell right now.

This is one of the only things the fiancée and I ever fight about, I am a fidget (and find very few beds comfortable), I turn every few hours and about once a week I need to get up to the bathroom. She is up at 6:45 to get to work. Maybe I should try melatonin.

Turning every three hours I can live with. Random fidgets every three minutes followed by snoring = massively incompatible sleep style, given my "often insomniac hypervigilant" sleep style.

Not saying it's him. It's not him. But it's also not tolerable.

Is it all the time, how would you feel about separate rooms during the week?

We don't live together, so it's only an occasional problem. The lesson here for me is, no sleepovers on school nights.

If he ever does move in, it will have to be after a kid or two has moved out, so that he could have his own room. But I doubt he'll move in because I don't really ever want to live with anyone again.

Yeah, I sleep in the spare room during Mon Thurs, at first it kind of bothered me but when our sleep patterns differ by about 3 hours it makes more sense (and I do fidget a lot at night, its just the turning over is really loud).
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, basically I told him that it's not his fault, but that we need to find a way to spend time together that doesn't end in sleep deprivation.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

I can't really sleep worth a shit if I'm alone in the bed.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Your Mom on October 15, 2014, 04:57:28 PM
Yeah, basically I told him that it's not his fault, but that we need to find a way to spend time together that doesn't end in sleep deprivation.

Or at least not the wrong kind of sleep deprivation, ifyaknowwhatimean.

:uday:

Junkenstein

Some days, not many, but some, I have actual job satisfaction.

I must be ill.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Salty

I am pretty shakey these days. Every time something happens to lift me up, it's only to shove me forcefully back down.

Sometimes I want to post here, but my stomach knots up and my brain goes blank, and I just don't. Who knows why.

What sucks about this is how I feel like I lost my only real connection to a community. That used to make me feel like a tiger loaded on adrenaline. Now I just feel sick.

I keep trying though, why is that?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

I spent that last month and a half being used to make someone feel better about their recent divorce. Now I am tossed away like so much used tissue.

It would be sort of funny if such experiences weren't the norm. This one was supposed to be kind and positive and communicative.

Ha ha.

Cain

Computer returned.

No email from the company to let me know the computer was returning, or that the problem has been fixed.

It's now sitting on the end of my bed.  I'll check it out tomorrow and see if they actually fixed the RAM and installed a valid copy of Windows.  Well, after I do half-a-dozen things tomorrow...which will continue to keep me from here.

LMNO

Cain, fingers crossed.

Alty, I wish you could get out of there.

Salty

I'm going to go and look for a solution that isn't the only thing I can't do.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Alty on October 15, 2014, 08:50:55 PM
I spent that last month and a half being used to make someone feel better about their recent divorce. Now I am tossed away like so much used tissue.

Yeah, I know that feel.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on October 15, 2014, 08:50:55 PM

It would be sort of funny if such experiences weren't the norm. This one was supposed to be kind and positive and communicative.

Ha ha.

I have learned through bitter experience that recent divorcees are trainwrecks who probably shouldn't be held fully accountable for their bad behavior, but also who it's a bad idea to spend much time/energy on.

Pretty sure I've been that asshole myself, a time or two.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 15, 2014, 05:36:14 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 15, 2014, 04:57:28 PM

Or at least not the wrong kind of sleep deprivation, ifyaknowwhatimean.

:uday:

I'm at the point where I literally give no fucks. This term sucks, I hurt inside (WHICH I AM PRETTY SURE IS PLEURISY, WTF WHO GETS PLEURISY???), my right arm is mostly numb from taking 20-30 pages of handwritten notes a day, and I'm angry pretty much 24/7.

As a predictable result, I have not had sex for about two weeks.

Somebody get they dick between me and my sleep I'm cutting it off.