Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

CIA torture site in Poland

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, June 24, 2012, 05:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

00.dusk

Thanks tons, Texas Fairies. Fucking christ.

I'm going to go drink 4 liters of bourbon and hope the terror goes away.

Also: SHOCKFUL!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Cain

Actually, this is pretty standard, for the CIA.  Even restrained.

Usually, when the CIA gets involved in covert, paramilitary and interrogation programs, there is enough blood to fill several Olympic size swimming pools.  That is, to say, tens of thousands of deaths.  In Vietnam, they undertook torture programs where they tapped metal probes through people's skulls into their brain, obstensibly to see if they could "cure Communism".  When they questioned people, they always did it in threes.  Procedure was to waste the first two, who were usually nobodies and may not even be involved in the Viet Cong, to put the scare on the third.  One of the favourite methods of execution was wrapping det cord around the neck of the prisoner, then blowing their head off.

Not that this makes any of this right.  But the CIA have been much, much worse, in living memory.

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, it's pretty sad when my only reaction is "well, at least it's not Uzbekistan."
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

00.dusk

Quote from: Cain on June 24, 2012, 01:55:59 PM

Usually, when the CIA gets involved in covert, paramilitary and interrogation programs, there is enough blood to fill several Olympic size swimming pools.  That is, to say, tens of thousands of deaths.  In Vietnam, they undertook torture programs where they tapped metal probes through people's skulls into their brain, obstensibly to see if they could "cure Communism".  When they questioned people, they always did it in threes.  Procedure was to waste the first two, who were usually nobodies and may not even be involved in the Viet Cong, to put the scare on the third.  One of the favourite methods of execution was wrapping det cord around the neck of the prisoner, then blowing their head off.

Not that this makes any of this right.  But the CIA have been much, much worse, in living memory.

Oh of course. I'm not shocked by the CIA, I'm shocked by the fact that this shit gets dug up regularly and not a damn person in the US gives a toss. This shit would be CLEAR THE LINES, THIS ONE'S BIG if it was any other country responsible, or if Poland did that in the US. But because it's us, and it's not next door where the crinimalz vapurs uf EEEVUL will corrupt the children, we tuck it under the bed and say it doesn't fucking exist.

Christ. I wish I had the money for more booze.

Nephew Twiddleton

The thing is too that a lot of americans wouldnt care because were the good guys. We could never possibly be the bad guys. Were americans. Were making the world a better place. Blatant violations of human rights are necessary to maintain and promote freedom. Because the bad guys want to take away our freedom. God bless america.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yes, they had a big finger in that whole Guatemalan 40-year-torture-and-genocide clusterfuck too, didn't they? Del Monte needed the area to grow shit for canned goods or somesuch.

Quote from: Iron Twiddleton on June 24, 2012, 05:21:35 PM
The thing is too that a lot of americans wouldnt care because were the good guys. We could never possibly be the bad guys. Were americans. Were making the world a better place. Blatant violations of human rights are necessary to maintain and promote freedom. Because the bad guys want to take away our freedom. God bless america.

IT'S FOR DEMOCRACY

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

tyrannosaurus vex

FACT: Back in the 50s/60s when the CIA was at the top of its game, a guy I know used to work for them. One of their favorite ways of deleting someone who had outlived his usefulness was to wrap him in bailing wire, fly over some awful part of the world at about 30,000 feet, and kick him off the airplane.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Forsooth

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 24, 2012, 06:15:12 PM

Yes, they had a big finger in that whole Guatemalan 40-year-torture-and-genocide clusterfuck too, didn't they? Del Monte needed the area to grow shit for canned goods or somesuch.

Quote from: Iron Twiddleton on June 24, 2012, 05:21:35 PM

IT'S FOR DEMOCRACY

America: Fuck Yeah

Anna Mae Bollocks

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks