News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Reality Safari - BATSHIT CANADA

Started by Cramulus, October 07, 2010, 08:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on October 07, 2010, 11:30:58 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 07, 2010, 10:35:03 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on October 07, 2010, 10:12:23 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 07, 2010, 09:47:34 PM
This is fucking awesome.  We only have body nazis and perverts, here. 

I am pretty positive there are similar people at the Gem and Mineral show, Dok, if you can stand the press of idiots.

Remember the religion convention in the second Transmet trade?  Is that what you want?

MAYBE.

If exposed to that many hippies and new age crystal freaks, I WILL lose my shit.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 07, 2010, 11:32:55 PM

I am pretty positive there are similar people at the Gem and Mineral show, Dok, if you can stand the press of idiots.

Remember the religion convention in the second Transmet trade?  Is that what you want?

MAYBE.

If exposed to that many hippies and new age crystal freaks, I WILL lose my shit.

I will pay for footage of this.

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 07, 2010, 11:32:55 PM

MAYBE.

I fail to see the problem.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on October 07, 2010, 08:27:31 PMFor thousands of years, we've been dying and being reincarnated trying to complete a check list of experiences our soul ships need to have. The human body is just a suit that the soul wears so it can affect the universe and accumulate more experience points.

Now for thousands of years, we've needed negative stuff like Hitler so that people can have bad experiences. But there's good news - now almost all souls have already gotten those bad experiences out of the way, so we no longer need duality. The Extraterrestrials which are made of pure bliss and light are beckoning us to let go of negativity because we don't need it any more.

This is actually (a batshittified version of) a relatively common view on reincarnation.

Except the immortal souls aren't usually aliens, but more like what you'd expect a soul to be, something intangible in another dimension. And once you accept that they exist outside of Time, you can actually make sense of it in a sort of Memetic Body kind of way.

And yeah the souls do it for experience, for going through an evolution (in the original non biological meaning of the word). They pick a new material body every time they incarnate. And that's also why Astrology works the way it works. See it's not the configuration of the stars that causes somebody to be affected by astrology in a certain way, but it's the immortal soul, which exists outside of Time, which has picked that moment in time to incarnate, in its attempt to learn about certain types of material experiences because that moment is the right time.

It even kind of makes sense, in that way.

Except that, people mistaking these immortal souls for actual space aliens, isn't quite that uncommon either. At least I've met one or two people who believe that.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

And then Trip was a level four bodhisattva.

Richter

I am simultaneously amused, and puking in my mouth a bit. :lulz:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on October 08, 2010, 01:22:53 PM
And then Trip was a level four bodhisattva.

Just trying to understand where some people are coming from, that's all :) Some of them are actually able to explain their beliefs in a fairly coherent manner :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.