News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Have fun with customer service reps?

Started by Golden Applesauce, July 02, 2008, 12:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Applesauce

My current job is a customer insurance rep for Walgreens.  We will be fielding calls about one of AARPs (the US Association for Really Old People) benefit programs, since AARP switched benefits providers from United Healthcare to Walgreens Health Initiatives.  So 4.3 million old people are going to get a letter saying 'STUFF IS CHANGING!  You might have to get your medicines somewhere else at a different price!  Call here if you're confused, frightened, or annoyed!'

We start taking calls on July 7th.  But almost no mailings will be out then, so the only calls people are expecting then are test calls from AARP reps (to make sure Walgreens is being polite to its members) or Walgreens staff (to make sure we're doing our job well.)  Our trainer has personally promised that she would call each and every one of us over the first couple days to make sure we are doing it right, even masking her phone number or getting a man to do the talking for her so we won't recognize her.

What this means is that if someone else were to call, they could probably pass themselves off as senior Walgreens management or our trainer pretty easily, as that's who the reps would be expecting anyway.  If anyone can think of a creative way to abuse this situation let me know, and I can show you a copy of the mailings.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Adios

Out of curiosity do you intend to keep your job?