News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

another sign the machine is rotting

Started by LHX, December 10, 2005, 04:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

the machine relies on being able to control people

the machine is driving people insane thru entertainment and drugs (of all sorts - mental / physical)

insane people cannot be controlled

thus
the machine contributes to its demise
and
the demise of the machine is imminent

and messy
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHXthe machine relies on being able to control people

the machine is driving people insane thru entertainment and drugs (of all sorts - mental / physical)

insane people cannot be controlled

thus
the machine contributes to its demise
and
the demise of the machine is imminent

and messy

Meh.  That's happened many, many times before.  And The Machine(tm) waits patiently for things to stabilize, and then subverts and dominates the new paradigm.

Historical examples upon request.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Insane people can be controlled...with the right drugs and stimuli.  Also, all these crazy people running about the place are just another excuse for more control from on high.

Baron Von Stevenstein

Quote from: CainInsane people can be controlled...with the right drugs and stimuli
or they can be rounded up and shot. which has happend before
Floppy-ear'd Order of the Cthulhu
(\ /)
(0.o)
(>D)>=I====>

Cain

Yep, but only by people who had as irrational inputs as those who they ordered to be killed.  Its far better to find a use for them, a threat, leverage...as every good leader knows, its fear that controls the people.  Of who is nearly irrelevant, so long as the outcome can be manipulated...

Baron Von Stevenstein

Floppy-ear'd Order of the Cthulhu
(\ /)
(0.o)
(>D)>=I====>

Cain

Nope, just manipulation.  Its predetermined buttons and reactions, press A and get B.  Rarely ever fails either, because its built on a basic element of human nature.  Machiavelli was smart, but that fascist scumbag Carl Schmidt (and by extension, Nietzsche) hit the nail on the head.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CainNope, just manipulation.  Its predetermined buttons and reactions, press A and get B.  Rarely ever fails either, because its built on a basic element of human nature.  Machiavelli was smart, but that fascist scumbag Carl Schmidt (and by extension, Nietzsche) hit the nail on the head.

For example, giving them a "choice" between two "opposing" political parties...

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Thats one of the old good ones, yeah.  Control the choices was the favourite trick of Henry Kissinger, for example.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CainThats one of the old good ones, yeah.  Control the choices was the favourite trick of Henry Kissinger, for example.

Ah, good old Henry...stuck by The Man, til the bitter end.

After The Machine cast Nixon aside, Henry and Dick would wander the halls of the White House, swilling gin and begging the portraits of presidents past for guidance.

Nixon went down, of course, in the end, and Kissinger was left to bitterly curse John Dean, out in the desert.

Needless to say, I have a soft spot for the man.

Cain

He understood power incredibly well, which was most of the problem really.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CainHe understood power incredibly well, which was most of the problem really.

Problem?

TGRR,
Doesn't understand.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: CainHe understood power incredibly well, which was most of the problem really.

Problem?

TGRR,
Doesn't understand.

Well, I say problem, you say good times, one normally leads to the other if given time anyway...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Problem?

TGRR,
Doesn't understand.

Well, I say problem, you say good times, one normally leads to the other if given time anyway...

NOBODY is allowed to have fun anymore.

Hell, you get caught with a few grams of smallpox, and they throw you in jail.

What the HELL is going on in this country?

LHX

how do any historical examples accomodate the intranet?

also
who are the younger people able to escape the drug-induced insanity coming into replace the current people in power?

reagan got alzheimers
bush look like he crackin down
neat hell