News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Ravens use "hand" gestures.

Started by Telarus, December 10, 2011, 07:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=ravens-use-hand-gestures

Cool. Interesting that we're making some huge advances in recognizing how animals communicate with each other at an individual level.

Oh, Here's another interesting one in that vein (although more at the collective/egregore level).

Bee Swarms Mimic Human Brain Neurons to Make Decisions
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Phox

Said before, and I'll say it again. Those motherfucking birds are just too damn smart. I'm thinking Corvids are angling to take over.  :tinfoilhat:

Zero,
Knew there was some reason it was called a "murder". 

Luna

The study I remember about corvids was the facial recognition one.  Wing a rock at a crow, and not only will the fucker remember you and attack you on sight later, he'll describe you to the others.  They tested with masks, even if the one they hit wasn't there, others from the murder KNEW.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Bruno

Do ravens flip each other the bird?
Formerly something else...

Luna

Quote from: Luna on December 10, 2011, 11:54:10 AM
The study I remember about corvids was the facial recognition one.  Wing a rock at a crow, and not only will the fucker remember you and attack you on sight later, he'll describe you to the others.  They tested with masks, even if the one they hit wasn't there, others from the murder KNEW.

Found the article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/26/science/26crow.html
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A