"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

procrastinate.paint.

Started by whatc, March 08, 2009, 01:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Pariah on March 21, 2009, 05:07:07 PM

*YOINK* and now we have a cover image

:lulz: That'll teach me to read all the posts BEFORE commenting.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

WOW nice work!!!! :mittens:

keep that stuff coming please
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

whatc

This was expectable.

whatc

this was not..

whatc

Bu🤠ns

NICE!   I like your style...have you done anything using the black and white pallet?  I'm currently experimenting with those values to see if i can do a small b&w animation.

whatc

Quote from: B_R|S on July 10, 2009, 10:22:58 PM
NICE!   I like your style...have you done anything using the black and white pallet?  I'm currently experimenting with those values to see if i can do a small b&w animation.
Oh are you working with flash or..? I'd like to see if you got something to show.

Thought i had more but these were the only ones i could dig up:

i intended this to be just b&w but got a little impatient..

fomenter

wow
i cant get ms paint to do anything that doesn't look like a 5 y old with an echaskech made it!!!   very nice how do you do it??
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

whatc

I just played around with it  till i "got it". It doesn't do any magic tricks so it's just about practice..and relaxing for me.

fomenter

is it the basic comes with the computer version?

i suspect you have vast quantities of talent and patients in order to make ms paint do that...
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

whatc

yeah. I think if you're having fun doing stuff those things will follow.

whatc

thank you.

monkey captured.

(painting for yourself is thinking for yourself:insert further thoughts on -personal- "discordian" painting/art here:beyond basic chaos/order stuff:participating in the picnic:mindfuck vs./+ ?)
--
tracking thoughts.
typical (or one type of)mspaint work starts like this. pick a color and start drawing random lines with the biggest brush.
just spreading the paint there is no promise of anything. Just something to react to. improvising. If it doesnt work i scrap it and start again.

Now making shapes little more defined but still very much playing around. black and white this time. thinking of a rhythm/composition perhaps. In some sense it could pass as a finished work.

Beginning to think this was a stupid idea. worked little more with b&w and mixed a blue i like that works with brown. conforming.
painting loosely following some patterns. more defined.requires more. writing between sessions makes the whole thing seem awkward.

defining with black and white. got reminded of teeth and mouth. was going to mix a yellow but clicked on pinkish(anillin?) accidently and thought it was good. edgy. went with that. More black. going with the yellow next.

added yellow. and turqoise :horrormirth::lulz: coffee starts to kick in.

smaller brush size,defining with black. some light brown and adding light blue line patterns for..coherence?(word that comes to mind)
looks better. could be finished.--- urge to delete whole post.

after taking a nap it seems a little boring. needs more work.

bit more work. meaning few strokes to ruin it. Then free to do what ever.

Bu🤠ns

LOVE that technique....I'll have to give it a shot tonight.  I usually start with scribbling with the thinnest line to get the form down then outline the form with a different color and erase the other line to the background.   Your technique here seems to allow a bit more flexibility for error....thanks!

Triple Zero

do you use a drawing tablet or a mouse to make that?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

whatc

Quote from: ⒷⓊⓇⓃⓈ on July 14, 2009, 05:08:54 PM
LOVE that technique....I'll have to give it a shot tonight.  I usually start with scribbling with the thinnest line to get the form down then outline the form with a different color and erase the other line to the background.   Your technique here seems to allow a bit more flexibility for error....thanks!
You're welcome. I also think of it as error encouraging, so that they can contribute to the work.
--
Quote from: Triple Zero on July 14, 2009, 11:35:46 PM
do you use a drawing tablet or a mouse to make that?
Just a mouse. I've thought about getting a tablet someday... Maybe if i could find decent one that isn't too expensive.

Iconoclastic surgery experiment 1.