News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Open Bar: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, December 02, 2013, 08:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Officer What's His /b/ear on December 15, 2013, 08:32:43 AM
Fuck I just called Roger, and didn't see the time. I also didn't finish reading these posts. Fuck me! I expect a lump of shit in my stocking.

Had the ringer off.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 15, 2013, 05:12:23 PM
Quote from: Officer What's His /b/ear on December 15, 2013, 08:32:43 AM
Fuck I just called Roger, and didn't see the time. I also didn't finish reading these posts. Fuck me! I expect a lump of shit in my stocking.

Had the ringer off.   :lulz:

:lulz:

Don Coyote

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 14, 2013, 08:47:52 PM
I don't have much to add to the Coyote thing besides the usual MOMMY AND DADDY DON'T FIGHT.

Ya, not going to happen.

I didn't much appreciate being woke up in the middle of the night to be told that Roger is acting like a shit again.

I actually was posting sporadically, but fuck it, Roger and Nigel can freely post without ever having to think about me coming in and shitting their shit up again.

I don't even know what the fuck Roger is going on about me "think he was a bad guy from the start" kinda shit he is spouting.

So peace out. Everyone can pretty much reach me in other ways.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 15, 2013, 06:50:36 AM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 15, 2013, 06:41:08 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 15, 2013, 06:27:02 AM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 15, 2013, 06:19:04 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 15, 2013, 06:16:19 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 15, 2013, 06:00:21 AM
This may be a "just me" thing as well, but take a moment to collect your entire thoughts. You have this tendency to post, then re-post clarifying the post, then a post responding to yourself about clarifying the post, and then... I don't know, because I just scroll past.

I get the idea of getting your thoughts out of your head and onto the page for analysis, but there's something to be said for completeness, too.

Though, I'm not exactly the poster boy of coherent thought.

No, that's true.

I think something, then I express it, but it's not exactly clear how I came to that thought. And then I have to go through how I came to that thought. That's an accurate assessment. It's a bad habit. I should be clear from the get go, but sometimes I have to backtrack in order to understand what I thought in the first place, if that makes sense. It's easier to understand myself that way, coming to a conclusion and then analysing it.

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 15, 2013, 06:04:47 AM
Next term should be much much better. Maybe not in Biology, which is just plain fucking hard, but definitely in Chemistry.

Biology is the most complicated chemistry there is. I feel that I would have done better if I was required to take Orgo as a preliminary class.

I'm waiting on Ochem because it's required at the 300-level.

I probably would have done better if I'd been able to start the chemistry series a term before the Bio series, but y'know, perfect worlds and all that. They only offer the first class in the Bio series twice a year and I didn't feel like postponing graduation for it.

That's the damnedest thing about the sciences. They're all inherently interrelated. You can't really prep preliminary courses. You just have to throw the student into the deep end of the pool. What is biology? It's organic chemistry + other, emergent stuff. What is chemistry? Physics! and stellar debris.... What is physics? No, seriously, what is physics...

The study of the motion of matter?

Yes. I was thinking on the level of what the devil are those particles doing though. The quantum level is hard to understand from a superatomic perspective. It's, well, alien. We can understand it through math. I personally cannot. I don't have the skill.

You just have to change your perception of "is".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 15, 2013, 06:57:01 AM
For example, I can understand physics to a degree. Nucleosynthesis, for example. I understand perfectly well how hydrogen becomes helium. Or why dying stars expand. Basic astronomy is pretty easy to grasp. But when it comes to the possibilities that lead up to the Big Bang, or how multiple dimensions work, or how this universe might be a hologram, I can't even approach understanding.

People study for many years to learn what they need to know to be able to understand those things.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

It snowed about 10-12 in which means I finally get to wear my snowshoes!
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

LMNO

QuoteYou just have to change your perception of "is".

Nailed it.

Suu

Boyfriend went back to base. Now I won't see him til I get back from FL in 3 weeks. :(
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Don Flouncote on December 15, 2013, 06:55:34 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 14, 2013, 08:47:52 PM
I don't have much to add to the Coyote thing besides the usual MOMMY AND DADDY DON'T FIGHT.

Ya, not going to happen.

I didn't much appreciate being woke up in the middle of the night to be told that Roger is acting like a shit again.

I actually was posting sporadically, but fuck it, Roger and Nigel can freely post without ever having to think about me coming in and shitting their shit up again.

I don't even know what the fuck Roger is going on about me "think he was a bad guy from the start" kinda shit he is spouting.

So peace out. Everyone can pretty much reach me in other ways.

You let people call you in the wee hours of the night to tattle on somebody saying things on a message board?

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, who wakes someone up in the middle of the night to tell them that someone on a message board has posted something uncharitable about them?

"Hey, sorry to wake you, but you know that guy on the internet you told to fuck off? Well, he just lumped you in with other people who told him to fuck off".

:?

C'mon.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 15, 2013, 09:34:34 PM
Also, who wakes someone up in the middle of the night to tell them that someone on a message board has posted something uncharitable about them?

"Hey, sorry to wake you, but you know that guy on the internet you told to fuck off? Well, he just lumped you in with other people who told him to fuck off".

C'mon.

I texted him about it. It was dumb, but I didn't call him about it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 15, 2013, 10:54:26 PM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 15, 2013, 09:34:34 PM

C'mon.

I texted him about it. It was dumb, but I didn't call him about it.

Wow.

Pæs

C'mon.
I hope that you guys would send an urgent courier if someone at PD ever mentioned my name. We don't have an @Username feature, so this is the next best thing.

Just making my expectations clear.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Pæs on December 16, 2013, 12:12:45 AM

C'mon.
I hope that you guys would send an urgent courier if someone at PD ever mentioned my name. We don't have an @Username feature, so this is the next best thing.

Just making my expectations clear.

My fleet of homing pigeons is armed and prepared for launch.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A