News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Rev Roger: The Heresies, chapter 1

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 14, 2003, 07:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malgrin...it struck me as...<gasp>  *Something to think about*. (And, thank you for that, by the way.)

You're welcome.  We aims to please.

Expect chapter 2 tonight or tomorrow.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Penumbral
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: PenumbralYou are bringing way to much order to this though.
Don't define shit!

I'm doing what?  Are you telling me what to do, or what not to do?

Hell, dude...look at the title of the thread.
No Im not telling you anything about what to do/do not. I'm telling you what I do.

Uh...yeah, you did.

I saw it.  :D

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Guido Finucci... and this week's 'Great Big Stir' award goes to.... <drumroll>.... The Good Reverend Roger! <applause>

---
Only the unpopular can be truly radical.

Wait til you see chapter 2.

The Good Reverend needs to find enough hidey-holes, before he publishes THAT heresy.

SMFabal

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: SMFabalWell, here I saw them as new archetypes to add to my internal inventory check. Silly me.

That's one correct answer, out of many possibilities.

Looks like The Good Rev needs to sharpen his poking stick.
Poke away, Rev.

Really, I see any "Classification" as something to add to my internal inventory check. Every few months, I go through my list, and ask myself: Do I fit this description? Do I want to? Why? Will this make me a better person? How is better defined in this instance? ... etc. It ussually takes a week or two to get through the whole thing.

It's just part of me being the person I am. (Any astrologers out there: Virgo/Libra Cusp, Mercury, Venus, Mars in Libra:  Perfection + Balance = Headache)
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

Rev Thwack

I often feel like I've been touched by Eris.... touched in the head.
My balls itch...

Horab Fibslager

everyone is a discoridan wether they want to be or not. see the section in the PD about the orders of discord.

each individual in his or her way, wether they espouse the view or not, regardless of their intentions, contributes to the disorder omnipresent in our particular corner of common reality.

tghat being said, each indivdual in their own way, wether they espouse it or nto,r egardless of their intentions, also contributes to the order omnipresent in our particular corner of common reality.

the impostion of order = the escalation of chaos
-lord omar khayaam ravenhurst

the equation balances itself dynamicaly, in a constant state of change.

dichotomy is the method in which humans communicate. withotu communication, wthut language, we are less than human, less than insects, andbaser than subatomic particles. all of the above use language and communication in some method. dichotomy is the common ground between humans in which to express themselves in a manner which others may understand. the greatest prophet of the anti-nomenclature set, once proclaimed "asuhdusadbfkifkk _____" which no one understood.
Hell is other people.

Y.M. Hut

Quote from: Penumbral
I was more saying there is a opposite to what you said that makes as much sence.
But lets pretend I ment it:
I was not saying the system makes the choices, but rather that the only choices we have are once we can see. And we can only see things in the same system as us. you can't  make a choice that you don't know exsists.

Ah, we're playing that game. Therefore, all I have ever said can be interpreted in any way one deems necessary to prove my own point.

----

We know we're all Discordians (even those of us too stubborn to see it). We (this forum) are stubborn enough to admit our own Discordianity, that's our defining feature.

Now we just have to find out what being a Discordian is...

I believe Roger is doing a bang up job of illuminating that pitch-black hole that Eris has tunneled through the gelatin minds of the Grey. I say we explore his ideas, not deplore them; expand them, not refuse them.

Or we can tell each other to fuck off and see where we get. Either way, fnord.
Vielleicht sollst du nicht wissen.

Trollax

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerTHE HERESIES, CHAPTER 1

"Against the assualt of laughter, nothing can stand."
-Mark Twain

Many of those reading this are, or consider themselves to be, Erisians; many of you feel that you embody, or at least emulate the primal chaos which is Eris, in her true form.  

Not so.  

Most of you ARE Discordians, of one strain or another, but nobody here comes close to embodying what Eris actually is.  Hell, you're not even in the same ballpark.  To illustrate what I am trying to say, allow me to break Discordianism down into several facets, or factions (pay attention, ye lubbers, for I will be using these terms through the rest of the chapters, unless I don't):

Roger thankyou for pre-empting me on this...
I always wanted to know who was listening and who was assimilating...

I like listeners...

EDIT:
And by listen I mean people who take in stuff and run it around the ol' mental horsetrack to check it out before they settle on a paradigm shift... Unlike those automotonous borg you get who once you have earned their trust you can tell them anything and they believe it... Although wouldn't it be fun to get a bunch of people like that and sucker them in, then have them subvert everything you've gotten them to believe?

heh heh heh heh heh
>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

SMFabal

Bearing in mind that there is a difference between accepting and believing, of course. Anyone who has been given my total trust (meaning I can trust them to stand behind me or beside me from rude customers to combat mortal), I will accept everything they tell me until cirumstances demoonstrate otherwise. It doesn't mean I believe them or go through a paradim shift, or that I've converted to their beliefs.
Besides which, the level of trust required for even that has only been given to two people in my life.
Ever seen The Craft? These are the people I'd trust holding a knife at my throat. And even than they'd better have a damn good reason.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

Trollax

Quote from: SMFabalEver seen The Craft? These are the people I'd trust holding a knife at my throat. And even than they'd better have a damn good reason.

see...
and even then they'd better have a damn good reason... you are listening not assimilating...

Horab Fibslager

i trust everyone completely, until they break that trust and i'm forced to skin them alive while using medical science to keep them awake throughout the ordeal.

a traveling salesman once told me, trust isn't earned, it's taken, just like the governemnt takes money from your paycheck each week, so do i take your trust every time i sell you a piece of shit car or a vacuum cleaner with a lifetime warranty which you will never under any circumstances be able to redeem.

in this way i can trust a total stranger with my life as they speed towards me in their automobile and i'm just a little too drunk to move fast enough so that if they maintain they're present speed and i maintain mine our two paths will intersect at the same point in space and time. i trust they won't run me over, and in turn i don't have to go on a very long vacation at club fed. it's a delicate balance, some would say like a bird on a wire, where others may say like a snail on a razor's edge...

that being said, if you tell me something, i will listen, and evaluate, and take it into consideration. however, at no time will i let you do my thinking for me, and at no time should you allow me to think for you.
Hell is other people.

Slarti

are you thinking for me when you say you shouldn't think for me?

Horab Fibslager

only if you are also thinking you want to buy me a case of beer, carton of smokes and 1/8th of an oz of high grade b.c. cannibus. :)
Hell is other people.

Slarti

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.