News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: The Waffling on March 31, 2015, 05:36:52 PM
Sometimes I find myself missing the time when conspiracy theorists were adorably batshit. Then I find this and my heart rejoices.

http://in5d.com/how-disabling-the-moon-will-dissolve-the-matrix/

:lulz: That is fantastic. I'm going to start disabling the moon right now while simultaneously not to letting it know I'm thinking about it - don't want it blocking my downloads and upgrades now
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 01, 2015, 11:09:51 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 01, 2015, 05:11:30 AM
FFS, this asshole on my FB Wall. Seriously, she constantly responds to shit I say, but she's just some random beadmaker who thinks we're friends.

I am not even going to look at whatever it is she's spouting about now, because I'm pretty sure it'll piss me off.

Oh good I was just wondering if I should engage in mockery.  :)

I'm going to go with "go for it".

It would be one thing if she watched the talk and had a different take on it, but to respond to a link on my wall with, essentially, "LOL didn't watch but I don't like it" is essentially trolling, which means she issued the opening salvo and is inviting whatever flak she gets back.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I somehow managed to write two half-assed paper summaries this morning. Now I have five minutes to enjoy my tea before rushing off to the lab.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 01, 2015, 04:13:21 AM
Quote from: Cain on April 01, 2015, 03:31:37 AM
What sort of a person walks into a college accomodation at 3:20 in the morning, wanting to ask about course details?

This isn't a rhetorical question, btw.  It's genuine.  Because the only explanations I can come up with for that, and the surrounding sequence of events, is a deeply unpleasant one.

Two men.  Locals, by the accent.  Driving a very nice car, without the diction or age to suggest they acquired it legitimately.  Stayed outside in the car for a good 15 minutes, did a sweep of the street before entering.  We don't realise they're not our students, let them in.  They start asking questions: is this a college, what courses do you provide?  When we explain it's not, just the accomodation, they start asking about the ages.  They then bugger off.  Sit in the car another 10 minutes, finally leave.

Had a friend outside, too.  Spoke to him as they walked down the street.  Friend didn't arrive in the car with them though, or leave.

IMO, they were clearly casing the joint.  Check for activity on street, CCTV.  Same for the outside, and reception, of this building.  Go inside to see what kind of personnel and security are present.  Notably they did not enter the University College London accomodation, just two buildings down from here.

Oh great. The part where they were asking about ages isn't creepy as fuck at ALL.  :horrormirth:

Oh yeah, that was fun.

Even better, the email reporting this incident was sent about, oh, 11 hours ago.

Still no response from management.

Ben Shapiro

Eater of Clowns

UMass Amherst announced today that Neil Degrasse Tyson would be speaking at commencement this year. If it is not true it is the cruelest April Fools prank. If it is true then I hate them because they are young and beautiful and I wake up to pee in the middle of the night now and all I got was a lousy Bill Pullman at my commencement. FUCK YOU BILL PULLMAN.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Eater of Clowns

All Bill Pullman did was sit there, not giving Independence Day speeches or wishing the schwartz would be with us, sucking up all our honorary degrees.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

minuspace

Last night I dreamt of being in a shopping cart that was slowly pushed through a large grey-alien intergalactic Kostco.  Greetings!  :lulz:

Chelagoras The Boulder

Sorry for your loss TPZ. :(  May all the cancer be fucked.

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Chelagoras The Boulder

So, a friend of mine is having some trouble with this guy who has been harassing her online for 3 years. She is a writer and has had to put up with intermittent smear campaigns  of her work from this guy. She has responded to this rather awesomely IMO by creating an online alter ego that she plans on using to promote he projects where this guy cant shit all over them. Her strategy with this guy has been to leave him "howling into a void" as much as possible, and not give him any attention, negative or otherwise. I respect this strategy to a certain extent, but part of me can't stand to see one of my good friends treated this way, especially over years. Should i stay out of it to respect her wishes, or look into some form of mindfuckery?
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have good news! I talked to Dr. Snake Brain Science today and she's giving me a spot in her lab, and my own project!

It's really an offshoot of one of the grad students' projects, but it's a little something to call my own. :) Snake brains! Yay!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on April 02, 2015, 12:48:06 AM
So, a friend of mine is having some trouble with this guy who has been harassing her online for 3 years. She is a writer and has had to put up with intermittent smear campaigns  of her work from this guy. She has responded to this rather awesomely IMO by creating an online alter ego that she plans on using to promote he projects where this guy cant shit all over them. Her strategy with this guy has been to leave him "howling into a void" as much as possible, and not give him any attention, negative or otherwise. I respect this strategy to a certain extent, but part of me can't stand to see one of my good friends treated this way, especially over years. Should i stay out of it to respect her wishes, or look into some form of mindfuckery?

Respect her wishes.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 02, 2015, 01:32:19 AM
Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on April 02, 2015, 12:48:06 AM

Respect her wishes.

Yes.

But if that doesn't work, give the asshole's name to the wrong people.

Dok,
The Wrong People.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 02, 2015, 01:43:42 AM
Snake brains!

SNAKE BRAINS.

I will be investigating the effect of elevated glucocorticoids during mating & gestation on offspring seasonal neurogenesis in juvenile Sirtalis parietalis.

I feel like a big girl scientist!