News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Five word horror

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, April 04, 2015, 05:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 10, 2015, 07:18:36 AM
It all started pleasantly enough.

For a second there, I thought you were referencing this thread.

Then again....

Oh, and:

"...But there was no face..."

EK WAFFLR

There's something outside the window
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Waffling on April 10, 2015, 12:53:06 PM
There's something outside the window
There's something inside the window.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

It all started pleasantly enough.  Yesterday, the shadow grew again.  Strange shapes blackened the sky.  The walls keep changing color.  There's something outside the window.  Her eyes widened in anticipation.  It was an insular community.  We thought they were dead.  But they were dead, yesterday...  There wasn't time to scream. 

The sun didn't rise today.  No one sees color here.  They don't remember the difference.  It is inside the house.  That night, I wasn't alone.  A voice said, "You die". There shouldn't be visitors tonight.  Didn't I lock this door?

"I'm not usually like this.  I can't feel my legs." 

She said, "I got this."  She had too many teeth.  Time slowed to a stop.  "This won't hurt a bit."  The anesthesia didn't quite work.  The scab came off again.  It had been an eye.  Below, rows of sharp teeth.  I think those are teeth.  "It's curable, for a price."

"I can't find the baby.  I have these horrible urges." 

"They know, they just don't care."

"This isn't my real face." 

But there was no face...

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 10, 2015, 01:41:56 PM
It all started pleasantly enough.  Yesterday, the shadow grew again.  Strange shapes blackened the sky.  The walls keep changing color.  There's something outside the window.  Her eyes widened in anticipation.  It was an insular community.  We thought they were dead.  But they were dead, yesterday...  There wasn't time to scream. 

The sun didn't rise today.  No one sees color here.  They don't remember the difference.  It is inside the house.  That night, I wasn't alone.  A voice said, "You die". There shouldn't be visitors tonight.  Didn't I lock this door?

"I'm not usually like this.  I can't feel my legs." 

She said, "I got this."  She had too many teeth.  Time slowed to a stop.  "This won't hurt a bit."  The anesthesia didn't quite work.  The scab came off again.  It had been an eye.  Below, rows of sharp teeth.  I think those are teeth.  "It's curable, for a price."

"I can't find the baby.  I have these horrible urges." 

"They know, they just don't care."

"This isn't my real face." 

But there was no face...

Awesome! The quick sentences and their disjointed but still coherent nature evoke panic almost perfectly.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

I think I can make some improvements to the dialogue section.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That is a fantastic compilation!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

I don't make content, I make content better.

-motto of the recording engineer.

LMNO

Ok, I think this helps.

It all started pleasantly enough.  Yesterday, the shadow grew again.  Strange shapes blackened the sky.  The walls kept changing color.  There's something outside the window.  Her eyes widened in anticipation.  It was an insular community.  We thought they were dead.  But they were dead, yesterday...  There wasn't time to scream. 

I spoke into the silence.  "I'm not usually like this.  I can't feel my legs." 

My voice seemed far away.  "I can't find the baby.  I have these horrible urges." 

"They know, they just don't care."  Her eyes followed the wound.  "This isn't my real face." 

But there was no face...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I approve of this story!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Ugh.  Need to change tenses in the first paragraph.  BRB.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Filling the Jacuzzi, squirming teeth.
Things behind his eyes laughed.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

EK WAFFLR

My camera picked up something.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 10, 2015, 05:53:44 PM
Ok, I think this helps.

It all started pleasantly enough.  Yesterday, the shadow grew again.  Strange shapes blackened the sky.  The walls kept changing color.  There's something outside the window.  Her eyes widened in anticipation.  It was an insular community.  We thought they were dead.  But they were dead, yesterday...  There wasn't time to scream. 

I spoke into the silence.  "I'm not usually like this.  I can't feel my legs." 

My voice seemed far away.  "I can't find the baby.  I have these horrible urges." 

"They know, they just don't care."  Her eyes followed the wound.  "This isn't my real face." 

But there was no face...

:mittens:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Of course there's the well known modern classics of five word horror...

"No. You are the demons"
Then John was a zombie.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago