News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Let Go of the Foundations

Started by Thurnez Isa, May 19, 2008, 03:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

So the dam is broken, the pebble dislodged, the foundation wobbling, the hourglass spinning ever downward towards the ultimate decay...

and in these times many of you are still searching for certainty, something solid, and familiar. An unquestionable truth, or something that may not be true, but we ever wish was...
Certainty is the dream of our imperfect species, but there is no foundation in it... just darkness as you close your eyes and ears to the winds that will topple the dream.

But there are some of us that don't loath uncertainty... some of us that actually prefer it. You see its only in the ever changing decay of time can you see the splendor and beauty in creation we saw as children... it's also where all the “action” is, all the new discoveries and the new outlooks are. It's where the most fun is to be had, and in the ironically the most pure fantasies and dreams...
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Adios

Decay is just another way to say creation. Having said that I see a great poem in what you wrote.

Daruko

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on May 19, 2008, 03:53:39 PM
So the dam is broken, the pebble dislodged, the foundation wobbling, the hourglass spinning ever downward towards the ultimate decay...

and in these times many of you are still searching for certainty, something solid, and familiar. An unquestionable truth, or something that may not be true, but we ever wish was...
Certainty is the dream of our imperfect species, but there is no foundation in it... just darkness as you close your eyes and ears to the winds that will topple the dream.

But there are some of us that don't loath uncertainty... some of us that actually prefer it. You see its only in the ever changing decay of time can you see the splendor and beauty in creation we saw as children... it's also where all the "action" is, all the new discoveries and the new outlooks are. It's where the most fun is to be had, and in the ironically the most pure fantasies and dreams...
:mittens: 

Pope_Hilde

This is just nice.

A solid foundation is something you stand on. But you can dance in the wind.
There's nothing like a good cup of hot coughy.

Dysnomia

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on May 19, 2008, 03:53:39 PM

But there are some of us that don't loath uncertainty... some of us that actually prefer it. You see its only in the ever changing decay of time can you see the splendor and beauty in creation we saw as children... it's also where all the "action" is, all the new discoveries and the new outlooks are. It's where the most fun is to be had, and in the ironically the most pure fantasies and dreams...

Very nice post. :mittens:  I must say I've been a bit unnerved by the uncertainty and bullshit surrounding the US Gov't these days, mostly because I wonder about if I'll ever GTFO of my house, or if the economy will force me to sell my horse (weird to most people I know, but we horse people treat our horses like our children.  Only a little less crazy than the behavior of a cat lady).  I'm slowly starting to get a handle on my nervousness though. 
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Dysfunctional Cunt

:mittens:

I never used to mind the uncertainty when it was just me.  After kids there are some things I have to KNOW FOR SURE.  Rent will be paid, food in the house, etc...  As for where life may take us next week,  eh, as long as I know we aren't going because we are evicted I'm good!

Nice work!!