News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Don't forget, this Wednesday is Mainstream Day.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 25, 2015, 08:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

Since I am bed ridden today I know the perfect forum to talk about my task with.
Poe's law ;)

Q. G. Pennyworth

I refrained from making any progress on non-work projects and goaded someone into NaNo without actually committing to writing myself.

I did fall of the bandwagon and scribble some sadsack poetry in the evening, though :/

LMNO

God, this SUCKS.

PLUS, this bartender thinks I'm hitting on her, in the worst way, by making myself look pitiful, with my wedding ring in plain view.

Garh.

The Wizard Joseph

Six pack of Old Milwaukee tall cans is the truly authentic way to choke down beer. All else is hipster bullshit like PBR. Gonna probably not get very drunk, bit who wants to bet I'll have a nice debilitating hangover that no mere beer poseur would tolerate in the morning?

Wasn't sure what to do with the beard, so I'm updating my pic to reflect the dominant trend in facial hair.

Hang in there LMNO it's just a few more hours to midnight!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

I just want to say that this truly authentic flavor in Old Milwaukee outshines my memory of it. This holiday is terrible.

One can down, a five pack of unfiltered awesome to go.  :sad:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 29, 2015, 12:47:02 AM
God, this SUCKS.

PLUS, this bartender thinks I'm hitting on her, in the worst way, by making myself look pitiful, with my wedding ring in plain view.

Garh.

See, now you know why we are what we are.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 29, 2015, 12:45:58 AM
I refrained from making any progress on non-work projects and goaded someone into NaNo without actually committing to writing myself.

I did fall of the bandwagon and scribble some sadsack poetry in the evening, though :/

Yeah, but the bolded part means you passed.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 29, 2015, 01:49:17 AM
I just want to say that this truly authentic flavor in Old Milwaukee outshines my memory of it. This holiday is terrible.

This is why we only do this once a year.

The Good Reverend Roger

On the plus side, dressing up to shake people down seemed to have a really strange effect.

Not gonna keep doing it, though.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today was really lame, and I can't believe that you people do this ALL THE TIME.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 29, 2015, 02:58:03 AM
Today was really lame, and I can't believe that you people do this ALL THE TIME.

We do.  And then we shame each other with it.

"NOT IN FRONT OF THE BLACK PEOPLE!"
\
:horrormirth:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 29, 2015, 03:23:02 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 29, 2015, 02:58:03 AM

We do.  And then we shame each other with it.

"NOT IN FRONT OF THE BLACK PEOPLE!"
\
:horrormirth:

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

So, uh, my co-worker's lesbian Muslim girlfriend came in tonight.

I decided to refrain (in case she chopped my head off).

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 29, 2015, 02:44:07 AM
Quote from: LMNO on October 29, 2015, 12:47:02 AM
God, this SUCKS.

Garh.

See, now you know why we are what we are.

I feel like I should go back, and act like a mutant. Or a biped. At least I tipped well.

rong

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 29, 2015, 01:49:17 AM

it's an acquired taste, but once acquired it will never leave you
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"