News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Ronald Reagan?

I guess he's considered by some to be the founding father of modern conservatism?
Formerly something else...

Cain

Could be though I'm pretty sure Reagan Jr would've met his dad.  Also, did Reagan write any books?

Ahem, I mean YOU DON'T SHARE THE EPISTEMOLOGY OF THE FOUNDING FATHER!  YOU DON'T SHARE THE NATURE OF THE FOUNDING FATHER, THE KNOWLEDGE, YOU HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON WITH THE FOUNDING FATHER!

LMNO

Cain

The funniest thing about this argument is both sides are wrong.  Pammy Atlas is clearly insane, she does not know Reagan better than his own son.  On the other hand, Reagan was a proto-Palin, and the few good ideas he did have were surrounded in a sea of stupid and inane "personality" politics, religious kookery and general hucksterism.

LMNO

Yeah, I could totally see Ronnie saying, "I can see Russia from my house."

Didn't he say something about south american terrorists only being a 24-hour drive away, or something?

Cain

It'd probably be quicker to list the non-stupid things Reagan said.

Also, this is Fear and Loathing in Greater Wingnuttia

http://townhall.com/columnists/EmmettTyrrell/2010/02/11/the_male_of_the_species_american

QuoteIn recent years when I have heard the ongoing dirge about the deficiencies of America's young men, I have had my doubts. The army that we have sent abroad to confront some of the most barbaric enemies Western civilization ever has faced is superb. Confronting savages -- usually on their own soil -- our forces have been professional to the utmost, the Wehrmacht but with democratic values! Withal, they are brave, spirited, manly.

Yes, an American conservative just compared your soldiers to the German Army circa WWII.  Who I thought were savages America confronted on their own soil.  Maybe next time America declares war on Germany, Emmett Tyrrell will compare them favourably with Jihadis?  Democratic jihadis.

It gets even stranger, but to find out more, you'll have to click the link.

LMNO

Cain

I'll just post tantalizing extracts then, such as:

QuoteMost universities are simply pretentious extensions of high school, presided over by a professoriate that is -- with heroic exceptions -- mediocre, tedious, ill-informed, bovine and anti-intellectual. Better it would be for young men to take a couple of years of business courses and join the adult world.

Because, of course, most business courses don't cater to people who are otherwise mediocre, tedious, ill-informed, bovine and anti-intellectual (I'm actually reading a book that makes this precise criticism, so this is kinda amusing.  Business schools and courses combine the worst aspects of technocratic rationality and lack of intellectual courage or imagination).

LMNO

Hold on... if Universities are really "anti-intellectual", wouldn't that be a plus for a certain kind of conservative, who hold that the "intellectial elite" are ruining the nation?

Earthbound Spirit

I was a big fan of RR and I agree that he's the founding father of modern conservatism here in the states.   

I normally don't care much for Ron Jr. but I thought he handled himself well in the article that was posted.
I hate everyone.

LMNO

Bruno

Heh, heh, heh...
Who's your daddy?!
                 \
                  \
                   \
Formerly something else...

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: EarthBound SpIRiT on February 11, 2010, 04:26:29 PM
I was a big fan of RR and I agree that he's the founding father of modern conservatism here in the states.   

I normally don't care much for Ron Jr. but I thought he handled himself well in the article that was posted.

I'm scared to ask... which part were you a fan of?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

The hair, perhaps?

LMNO
-gotta say, that was damn fine hair.

Earthbound Spirit

What was wrong with RR? 

I thought he did an ok job with lots of things.  The economy, improving America's world image from an American's pov and getting the Iranian hostages released to name a few. 

He certainly has had a great impact on Conservatism as it exists today. 

I'm a Libertarian not a Republican.   
I hate everyone.