News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

21C Man, part 10: This Is How We Manage Things

Started by Doktor Howl, February 16, 2015, 02:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 20, 2015, 01:22:19 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 20, 2015, 01:20:32 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 19, 2015, 10:00:12 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 19, 2015, 09:44:09 PM
This is my favorite so far. The owner getting his own shit sandwich back was good, but showing the geeks that a contract enforcer can get down for the fuck of it is priceless!

WOOT!  :lulz:

It wasn't for the fuck of it.  It was necessary.  These are industrial maintenance rituals.  Do not question them.

I do not. Not if you sir see the problem and solutions. I suspect that you're much better at it than I am. Not blowing smoke here.

If you don't keep the Machine God happy, nothing gets fixed.

I am but a humble technomat in service to the Mechanicum. I find the wrenches and hold the sacred unguents.

Got to read much of the WH40K stuff these last years. I really love the story but not played the game much.

... now I'm thinking about how much stress in life is one from or another of bad or non maintenance. . Hm.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 20, 2015, 01:58:02 AM
This is my favorite so far. The owner getting his own shit sandwich back was good, but showing the geeks that a contract enforcer can get down for the fuck of it is priceless!

It wasn't for the fuck of it.  It was necessary.  These are industrial maintenance rituals.  Do not question them.

I do not. Not if you sir see the problem and solutions. I suspect that you're much better at it than I am. Not blowing smoke here.

I am but a humble technomat in service to the Mechanicum. I find the wrenches and hold the sacred unguents.

Got to read much of the WH40K stuff these last years. I really love the story but not played the game much.

... now I'm thinking about how much stress in life is one from or another of bad or non maintenance. . Hm.

The fluff is a good read.  The game is a non-stop argument.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 20, 2015, 02:10:11 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 20, 2015, 01:58:02 AM

The fluff is a good read.  The game is a non-stop argument.

There is an RPG too. I read the Deathwatch set. I'll open a thread in RPG ghetto in a bit here so as not to jam this thread.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl