News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

The Tea Party Movement comes to the UK!

Started by Cain, February 23, 2010, 04:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

http://www.tfa.net/the_freedom_association/2010/02/brighton-tea-party.html

Additional bonus lulz: you can go teabagging with Daniel Hannan in Brighton.  I swear, I thought this was a parody at first.

Jenne

OFUK.  Of all the really laem things to ape about Americans... :x  The fact they LAUD the exploits of Sarah Palin is a screaming red light of lail in and of itself.

Also:

QuoteWhat is the best way to defend the City of London from the threat of Brussels? (telegraph.co.uk)
:lulz:

Iason Ouabache

Wait, I thought that the BNP was already the British version of the Tea Party.  (half-joking here)
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

I just realized Amerispags may not get the humour of my above statement, so I shall explain:

Brighton is well known as the "gay capital" of the UK, with a large number of LGBT nightclubs, bookstores, support groups and shops.  Therefore, going "teabagging" in Brighton is inherently hilarious, especially when done by the sort of conservatives who are not big fans of the gay community or lifestyle.  Hannan for example is considered to be on the hard right of mainstream UK politics, and often flirts with Republicans of the Fox News/Sarah Palin variety.

Also it was only just last week someone in America was saying Europe needed its own Teabaggers.  Is that conspiracy I smell in the air, the sound of manufactured rage designed to look like grassroots discontent, aimed at reigning in UKIP type libertarians and independents and bringing them under Tory control?  Say tuned as I let someone else do all the research, confirming my well founded paranoia!

Jenne

Wow.  No way.  It's too rich, too much. 

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Ah, but wasn't that whole 'Tea Party' thing like... against the British? Shouldn't they go for something like "Cromwelling" or "Roundheading" or "Gunpowdering" or "Beheading" or something related to their historical solutions for attepmting to overthrow tyranny?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

"Submitting meekly and letting talented reformers sort out the mess"?  But yeah, that little irony was not lost on me either.

the last yatto

Quote from: Cain on February 23, 2010, 05:42:21 PM
Brighton is well known as the "gay capital" of the UK
look whos 'going rogue' now :lulz:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

The Wizard

I'm sorry. The U.S. never has been able to keep it's shit to itself. Still, you can have a laugh at the stupidity.
Insanity we trust.

Jenne

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 23, 2010, 10:02:55 PM
Ah, but wasn't that whole 'Tea Party' thing like... against the British? Shouldn't they go for something like "Cromwelling" or "Roundheading" or "Gunpowdering" or "Beheading" or something related to their historical solutions for attepmting to overthrow tyranny?

THAT's why I said it's too much.  Just all, too too much.

It's tantmount to the French aristocracy (is there much, if any, of that left?) deciding to have a Guillotine Party to elect the next President and cabinet.

Payne

Quote from: Cain on February 23, 2010, 04:40:56 PM
http://www.tfa.net/the_freedom_association/2010/02/brighton-tea-party.html

Additional bonus lulz: you can go teabagging with Daniel Hannan in Brighton.  I swear, I thought this was a parody at first.

I WANT TO GO!

Mangrove

Is there any value in Brits (or people capable of convincing Brit impersonation) visiting Tea Party sites and complaining about their Brit-o-phobia, American arrogance and cultural imperialism?

You know, hypothetically speaking. Not that I would suggest this for sheer amusement or anything.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Muir

HFLS, you could always complain that they're charging for the refreshments.  It's a party - aren't the drinks usually free at parties? :P
Remember, there are no stupid questions - but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots...