News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

kabbalah

Started by mobbing, June 08, 2004, 10:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakredchao

i read "the royal road" by hoeller which is a kabballic interpretation of the major arcana of the tarot..  bella and other card readers may enjoy this one.

i also read the essential kabballah, and another called 'a caballah primer'..

caballah primer was cool..  it talked a lot about mathemathics.  about the golden triangle, as well as a lot of things that would belong in the "linguistics" forum.

kim
consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

Bella

Quote from: sakredchaoi read "the royal road" by hoeller which is a kabballic interpretation of the major arcana of the tarot..  bella and other card readers may enjoy this one.

i also read the essential kabballah, and another called 'a caballah primer'..

caballah primer was cool..  it talked a lot about mathemathics.  about the golden triangle, as well as a lot of things that would belong in the "linguistics" forum.

kim
Yeah, I really might enjoy that book, thanks for the head's up.
I'm gonna order it.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

sakredchao

if i recall correctly it was put out by the gnostic society in LA with the consultation of the golden dawn and the oto.  they discuss the symbology in the images in the card, as well as how it fits in with the tree of life..  each card represents a transition (path) between 2 sepiroth (sp)..

that made sense to me..  each sepiroth (keter, binah, chokmah, etc) is like a static thing..  a way station..  but people don't live with both their feet on the ground.  people live in motion, and that's the transition from one place to another..  the wheel..  the rota.

and since the kaballah is (i think) a description of life that makes sense..  and i think that's why the traditionals say that one should study the torah for 40 years and already become established in life before studying the kaballah..  cause one has to travel from malkuth, chose a path (right/left/middle/mixture) and then they will be able to easier understand the trinity of keter, binah and chokmah..

but i dunno....  i am but an egg

kim

Bella

You may be an egg, but what you just said made sense.
The tarot is set up in much the same way, with the cards representing the Fool's journey through life. It's all about transition and motion. The Major Arcana represent spiritual and material benchmarks, while the Minor Arcana represent the people and everyday activities in our lives. So I can see how the two systems would mesh well. Thanks again for telling me about this book.
just like in a dream

sakredchao

no problem, glad that you're into it..

hey where is a good place to get a crowlean deck?  

i'd like to learn to read the book, but for some reason i'm not interested in learning on a ryder-waite deck..  is this just snobbish?  i dunno..  i just go with my instincts sometimes even if they don't make sense.

ksckscpaaf
(kim s chatfield ksc profesional amatuer, amatuer fool)

Bella

No, it's not snobbish to prefer one deck to another.
It's actually important to find a deck that you're drawn to and learn on that one.
Right now I'm using a still obscure deck called the Phantasmagoric Theatre Tarot.

Here's a link to US Games, the people who print most, if not all of the tarot decks in the US: http://www.usgamesinc.com/
just like in a dream

sakredchao

DJRubberducky

- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

eL sTiKo

Have any of you visited the kabbalah website of late?

I found it to be full of trickery, replacing the word "believing" with the word "knowing" and then a flash card trick which made me log off immediately.

But my mind is open to the notion behind it, I just get cranky when they use smoke and mirrors to recruit people...
eL sTiKo
Chief Tourguide
the Cuckoo Trail Cabal
---><---

gnimbley

Which kabbalah website is that? Provide a link please.
Or a patty if you don't have any links.

Anonymous

eL sTiKo

eL sTiKo
Chief Tourguide
the Cuckoo Trail Cabal
---><---

Dusio

sounds alot like gnosticism as well,very good stories and interesting too,but nothing I woud take too seriously.
The Talmud was a pritty good read as well.