News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

WTF TEXAS? WTF! WTF!

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 16, 2012, 03:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Elder Iptuous

oh god.
how....
i mean it says the lights and crossing gates were functioning.
and yet the truck with the float just drove over....
what?

Juana

What is wrong with Texas? Is there something in the water? Trains are not subtle!
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 16, 2012, 03:38:02 AM
What is wrong with Texas? Is there something in the water? Trains are not subtle!

Bastards are like 8000 ton ninjas. 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Juana

The horns, man. They were sounding the horns, and unless Texas train horns are different, I don't know how they can be missed.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 16, 2012, 03:48:32 AM
The horns, man. They were sounding the horns, and unless Texas train horns are different, I don't know how they can be missed.

I AIN'T STOPPIN' FER NO LIBRUL TRAIN.
\
:redneck2:

Juana

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2012, 03:50:10 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 16, 2012, 03:48:32 AM

I AIN'T STOPPIN' FER NO LIBRUL TRAIN.
\
:lulz: Yes.

Elder Iptuous

one report says they may have been stuck on the track, but another says people were trying to get off the trailer while it was still rolling...
they're sitting on lawn chairs on a flatbed trailer ... i'm guessing the people that didn't make it off were perhaps older vets?

Roger, i gotta admit. i couldn't stifle a laugh when i read the story, but that last post was kinda cold when we don't know anything about the people or circumstances, no?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 16, 2012, 04:18:41 AM
one report says they may have been stuck on the track, but another says people were trying to get off the trailer while it was still rolling...
they're sitting on lawn chairs on a flatbed trailer ... i'm guessing the people that didn't make it off were perhaps older vets?

Roger, i gotta admit. i couldn't stifle a laugh when i read the story, but that last post was kinda cold when we don't know anything about the people or circumstances, no?

Yeah, but any asshole can laugh when things are, you know, funny.  It takes a special kind of asshole to laugh when horrible shit happens.  I'm that kind of asshole, and I hope you are, too.

Thing is, you and Stella and about a dozen other people, I'm okay with.  I really hate the rest of Texas, especially recently (for about 3 new reasons).  I languished in Temple for 3 YEARS.  You have to cut me some slack, if I hear Texas and think:

HOLD MUH BEER AND WATCH THIS.
\

The Good Reverend Roger

Besides, that isn't a PATCH on how I view Arizona.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Even deafness is no excuse. MIDLAND IS FUCKING FLAT. YOU CAN SEE SHIT MILES AWAY.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Aucoq

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2012, 04:21:59 AM
I languished in Temple for 3 YEARS.

I've always wondered why you hate Texas so much.  And that's a pretty damn good reason to hate it.

My hat's off to you for being able to survive so long down there.  I'd call that part of the state a shit hole.  But that would be an insult to shit holes.
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Rust-Red Rooster on November 16, 2012, 07:11:32 AM

I've always wondered why you hate Texas so much.  And that's a pretty damn good reason to hate it.

My hat's off to you for being able to survive so long down there.  I'd call that part of the state a shit hole.  But that would be an insult to shit holes.

It's in that plain of cruelty where you realize you're getting too far away from Austin but you've still got a fuckload of Texas to go through before you're out, and the shortest route "out" takes you to fucking Oklahoma.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Aucoq

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 16, 2012, 10:34:41 AM
Quote from: The Rust-Red Rooster on November 16, 2012, 07:11:32 AM

It's in that plain of cruelty where you realize you're getting too far away from Austin but you've still got a fuckload of Texas to go through before you're out, and the shortest route "out" takes you to fucking Oklahoma.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Finally!  I made it across the Red Riv-... Ah shit..."
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

tjg92