News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yes, unless you have an arrangement/agreement about whether that kind of commentary is OK, it's best to be very careful about that kind of comment. For example, there is a big difference between "If I were gay I think I would find him totally attractive" and "If I were to go gay it would be with him". The first is roughly equivalent to saying "She is not my type but she is very pretty", ie. I am not attracted but I can objectively see why she is attractive to some people, and the second is roughly equivalent to "If I were going to cheat on you it would be with her", ie. I am attracted and the only obstacle to acting on it is that I'm already in a relationship.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am stressing the fuck out about my homework, because it's about cylinders and functions and I'm not at all sure what I'm supposed to do, and I need to be downtown around 2 so I can get some overdue shit done in the office.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mangrove

Quote from: Man Green on October 12, 2012, 11:09:21 AM
I am now referring to December 20, 2012 as the "Anticlimactalypse".

I love this. Works with my 'Don't wait...be disappointed NOW!' Mayan meme.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

A cylinder is just a top-heavy cone.

You're welcome.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

You fuckers ever have a day where everything just goes RIGHT?  Like Mechanical Jesus was running shit, and everything just falls into your lap, without any effort on your part at all?

Yeah.  Me neither.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 12, 2012, 08:42:46 PM
You fuckers ever have a day where everything just goes RIGHT?  Like Mechanical Jesus was running shit, and everything just falls into your lap, without any effort on your part at all?

Yeah.  Me neither.

I dunno. Every day at my job, Network Jesus leaves his fingerprints on everything. And God damn, that guy is an asshole.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

AFK

Well, I have a better shot at it when I close my door.  Like right now, door's closed, and everything's dandy. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Annnnd the board died for the weekend, I guess.

Freeky

I suggested to my mom that she reach me how to do their financial stuff so I could do it Ans get some experience at doing business financial type things. She was intrigued and agreed to do it.

So that's cool. :)

Verbal Mike

Freeky, that's awesome! My parents are awful at money stuff, I wish they had stuff in that area to teach me!
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Freeky

My mom is good at it simply because their business would be fuckinged royally if she weren't. :lol:

Epimetheus

Quote from: Mangrove on October 12, 2012, 07:57:35 PM
Quote from: Man Green on October 12, 2012, 11:09:21 AM
I am now referring to December 20, 2012 as the "Anticlimactalypse".

I love this. Works with my 'Don't wait...be disappointed NOW!' Mayan meme.

Y'all will be missed after the rise to the Golden Rainbow Realms. :wave: Hopefully Malachael/Xuitizpochtli and the elf-angels keep you in a comfortable dimension
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS