News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

You and your clone

Started by Cramulus, November 04, 2011, 07:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

We would pointedly NOT have an argument/existential dilemma over who's the "real" one.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I would DEFINITELY immediately have sex with my clone. In fact, I always wanted to be a clone just so I could have sex with myself.

AND THEN,

AND THEN,

We'd pretty much do anything we wanted. With two of me? I would be invincible!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 04, 2011, 10:13:08 PM
I would DEFINITELY immediately have sex with my clone. In fact, I always wanted to be a clone just so I could have sex with myself.

AND THEN,

AND THEN,

We'd pretty much do anything we wanted. With two of me? I would be invincible!

Which one gets to sit in the throne.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Take the throne in shifts. Round the clock tyranny!
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Kurt Christ

Modify the throne into a two seater. Proceed to instigate civil war over who keeps putting their leg on the other's side.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Juana

Quote from: Luna on November 04, 2011, 09:53:34 PM
Am I the only one who honestly wouldn't consider having sex with my clone?

Though, really, at least she'd know what WORKS...  That'd be a nice change, but...  No...

Well...

No, no...  That would be wrong in all sorts of strange ways...

Hm...

Nah, I'm with you.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on November 04, 2011, 11:06:59 PM

This!

Man, having two of me would make my life so damn much easier.

What's funny is that I posed this question at the gallery last night and all of my friends immediately said that they would have to kill their clone before their clone killed them. :cry: And then they were all, how would you know your clone wasn't plotting to kill you?

But duh, if my clone is exactly like me, with all my memories and no idea that she's a clone, then she would be thinking the SAME THING AS ME. So she'd be all "SWEET, two of me! Let's fuck!"
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on November 05, 2011, 04:55:28 PM

This!

What's funny is that I posed this question at the gallery last night and all of my friends immediately said that they would have to kill their clone before their clone killed them. :cry: And then they were all, how would you know your clone wasn't plotting to kill you?

But duh, if my clone is exactly like me, with all my memories and no idea that she's a clone, then she would be thinking the SAME THING AS ME. So she'd be all "SWEET, two of me! Let's fuck!"

That's exactly what I'm thinking! Any plan I make now about what to do with a perfect physical and mental duplicate of myself will be the same plan my clone has. Why the gibbering fuckballs would I want to kill myself, when I can instead use this to my advantage and do half as much homework?

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cainad on November 05, 2011, 05:09:29 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 05, 2011, 04:55:28 PM

This!

That's exactly what I'm thinking! Any plan I make now about what to do with a perfect physical and mental duplicate of myself will be the same plan my clone has. Why the gibbering fuckballs would I want to kill myself, when I can instead use this to my advantage and do half as much homework?
And that is EXACTLY why I would HAVE to kill my clone.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My clone would have to get her own account here, though. Otherwise it could get really confusing.

We could each work less, and take turns doing the shipping.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on November 05, 2011, 05:19:41 PM
My clone would have to get her own account here, though. Otherwise it could get really confusing.

Would you change the password on your original account though? :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 05, 2011, 05:29:24 PM

The clone would be able to figure out the new one.  8)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on November 05, 2011, 05:30:11 PM

There'd be no need. We might have to flip a coin to decide who got to use the original Nigel account, though. Because, obviously, we would both be attached to the idea of being the original. It wouldn't kill me to make a new account, though, so I might volunteer.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on November 05, 2011, 05:32:50 PM
Quote from: Nph. Twid. on November 05, 2011, 05:30:11 PM

There'd be no need. We might have to flip a coin to decide who got to use the original Nigel account, though. Because, obviously, we would both be attached to the idea of being the original. It wouldn't kill me to make a new account, though, so I might volunteer.

I see, well, I trust myself, but maybe not that much. Though maybe I could, because if I'd try to screw myself over I'd know exactly how shitty I'd make myself feel. But then, knowing my singular self, I don't always strictly act in my own best interest--which would probably become at least some source of conflict sooner or later, but maybe not by very much.

And Twid, if your clone can figure out your newly chosen password, then you probably need a better way of picking your passwords :) There's lots of external sources of non-determinacy you can use.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

I'd kill it first, to stop it from taking over my life.

Because, as me and my clone both know, getting proper, fake ID is very hard, and throw in biometrics, and we're both in for shit.  Only one can survive.