News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

BBC asks: "Should homosexuals face execution"?

Started by Cain, December 17, 2009, 08:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maphdet

I did not read the article-But how fucked up is it when there is an article called "should homosexuals face execution" 
:roll:

something has to fucking happen...

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Mangrove

One of the major reasons for the fall of Rome

:horrormirth:?

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mangrove on December 23, 2009, 03:26:34 AM
One of the major reasons for the fall of Rome

:horrormirth:?

Sure.  All the defenders of Rome took too long getting FABULOUS while the Visigoths arrived.  This is actual history.  Do not argue with it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mangrove

BIGUS DICKUS?
                     \

Nast

Quote from: Mangrove on December 23, 2009, 03:38:09 AM
BIGUS DICKUS?
                     \

I can see you've already erected Trajan's column.  :oops:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

BabylonHoruv

I've always argued that Christianity was one of the reasons for the fall of Rome.  It probably wasn't, but it makes more sense than gayness, the Romans were pretty gay from the beginning, they were only Christian near the end.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on December 23, 2009, 05:49:19 PM
I've always argued that Christianity was one of the reasons for the fall of Rome.  It probably wasn't, but it makes more sense than gayness, the Romans were pretty gay from the beginning, they were only Christian near the end.

There was a PBS special on just that topic last night.  It did say that christianity via Constantine was a major factor in Rome's final downfall....

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Khara on December 23, 2009, 07:13:15 PM

There was a PBS special on just that topic last night.  It did say that christianity via Constantine was a major factor in Rome's final downfall....

Damn Liberal media conspiracy to corrupt our children against Jebus.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mangrove

I would've said that it was a combination of Christianity, being too damn big and the fact that all empires have  a 'conquer by' date in which they expire, cease to be relevant and fragment.

Requia ☣

Wasn't Rome was already in decline by the time Constantine showed up?

I will however, blame Constantine for the decline of Christianity.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on December 23, 2009, 08:10:52 PM
Wasn't Rome was already in decline by the time Constantine showed up?

I will however, blame Constantine for the decline of Christianity.

Considering Tiberius was emperor when Christ was born?  Yes.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kurt Christ

Christianity caused Rome's downfall when the sacred fire of Vesta was ordered extinguished. For this transgression they were cursed, both from that point and retroactively, with economic decay and foreign invaders. If Rome had maintained their hard line on executing Christians, they would have never angered their gods, and people the world over would be able to fuck whoever they wanted, in whatever weird ways they choose, in honor of the most holy deities.

I feel an urge to troll conservative Christians with this line now...
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Freeky

Quote from: Father Kurt Christ on December 31, 2009, 02:05:40 AM

Christianity caused Rome's downfall when the sacred fire of Vesta was ordered extinguished. For this transgression they were cursed, both from that point and retroactively, with economic decay and foreign invaders. If Rome had maintained their hard line on executing Christians, they would have never angered their gods, and people the world over would be able to fuck whoever they wanted, in whatever weird ways they choose, in honor of the most holy deities.

DOOO EEEET.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Father Kurt Christ on December 31, 2009, 02:05:40 AM

:lulz: If you don't, I will!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘