Just to make it perfectly clear...

Started by Suu, December 31, 2009, 06:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 31, 2009, 05:33:18 PM

This is true.  People used to have to wear jackets here and everything.

We still wear jackets, but now your nonstop rage and wrath has made us extra vulnerable to the cold, so we have to don jackets when it gets below 70.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on December 31, 2009, 05:34:43 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 31, 2009, 05:29:22 PM
Quote from: Suu on December 31, 2009, 05:28:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 31, 2009, 05:25:52 PM
Quote from: Suu on December 31, 2009, 04:28:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 31, 2009, 03:47:50 PM
Quote from: Suu on December 31, 2009, 06:07:26 AM
It's really fucking cold. And it doesn't appear my roommates left the heat on overnight again. This is why I am not yet in bed. My bedroom is a fucking ice box. One should not have to sleep with a flannel sheet, a fleece blanket, a comforter, and a great kilt for covers wearing socks, flannel pants, and hoodie to bed, right?

It got down to 38F last night.  Brrr.

Try 18, desert dweller.

Yes, but you live in the arctic.  It isn't supposed to get below 45F here.

Nope. I'm Temperate Coastal.  :mrgreen: Where you lived in Canuckistan on the other hand...

...is on the same latitude as Cleveland and Paris.

And we're on the same latitude as Portugal. Your point?

My point, my little heartless and regal murderess of the intertubes, is that WE are now in a frozen hell, and WE are hearing rumors of water assuming a solid state naturally, though most reputable AZ scientists discount that this actually occurs.

My other point is that I had the sense to flee that icebox.  I mean, what's a Holy Man™ without a desert to wander around in?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on December 31, 2009, 05:35:38 PM

We still wear jackets, but now your nonstop rage and wrath has made us extra vulnerable to the cold, so we have to don jackets when it gets below 70.

My crew told me they did that to keep the shit blizzards from screwing up their clothes.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 31, 2009, 05:38:54 PM

My crew told me they did that to keep the shit blizzards from screwing up their clothes.

I seem to miss those, generally.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 31, 2009, 05:38:17 PM
It's really fucking cold. And it doesn't appear my roommates left the heat on overnight again. This is why I am not yet in bed. My bedroom is a fucking ice box. One should not have to sleep with a flannel sheet, a fleece blanket, a comforter, and a great kilt for covers wearing socks, flannel pants, and hoodie to bed, right?

Try 18, desert dweller.

Nope. I'm Temperate Coastal.  :mrgreen: Where you lived in Canuckistan on the other hand...

My point, my little heartless and regal murderess of the intertubes, is that WE are now in a frozen hell, and WE are hearing rumors of water assuming a solid state naturally, though most reputable AZ scientists discount that this actually occurs.

My other point is that I had the sense to flee that icebox.  I mean, what's a Holy Man™ without a desert to wander around in?

That desert in Maine is all your fault, isn't it?!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on December 31, 2009, 05:42:31 PM

No, you just think you do.  All of this desert, all of tucson, is covered in the feces of coyotes, rabbits, javelinas, and tweakers.  The sun dries it into powder that is lighter than sand.  Any time the wind blows grit on you, it's mostly poop.

Betcha you could have gone your whole life without knowing that, my little desert flower of despair.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on December 31, 2009, 05:44:06 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 31, 2009, 05:38:17 PM

Try 18, desert dweller.

That desert in Maine is all your fault, isn't it?!

No, I think that one belongs to RCH.  I have avoided Maine, and with good reason.  It's like Newfoundland, but with even more blackflies, and it touches Quebec.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 31, 2009, 05:46:25 PM

No, you just think you do.  All of this desert, all of tucson, is covered in the feces of coyotes, rabbits, javelinas, and tweakers.  The sun dries it into powder that is lighter than sand.  Any time the wind blows grit on you, it's mostly poop.

Betcha you could have gone your whole life without knowing that, my little desert flower of despair.

I knew there was a reason I hated this place...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on December 31, 2009, 05:47:56 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 31, 2009, 05:46:25 PM

I knew there was a reason I hated this place...

Poop-breather.

LMNO

Roger, I am very amused at your new habit of these personal epithets you're handing out, you rage-filled thunderbunny.

Freeky

Quote from: LMNO on December 31, 2009, 06:14:59 PM
rage-filled thunderbunny.

GANK. ROGER IS NOW AND FOREVER SHALL BE RAGE-FILLED THUNDERBUNNY.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on December 31, 2009, 06:14:59 PM
Roger, I am very amused at your new habit of these personal epithets you're handing out, you rage-filled thunderbunny.

Thank you, my engorged throat-leech of Discordia.

LMNO

...Aaaaand after a quick dash to the Profile page...

The Good Reverend Roger

Freeky and Suu need to change their personal text, too.  I mean, I graced them with their own True Holy Names™, and I didn't even charge for it.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."