Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Richter's Spag - Along Workshop

Started by Richter, February 27, 2009, 02:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

You can call it a garter belt if you like  :wink:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Honey

:lulz:  I'm giggling right now & did you wear it to work yet? 

Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Richter

Casual dress code for the summer.  I'm waiting for the day they ask us to look "Nice" because the office has visitors.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Richter

Props for this weekends Steampunk shenanigans.

Modified Broomhandle Mauser replica.

For Leln: 24" Cast aluminum pipe wrench with paint job and handle wrap.  This shit will fuck you up.

LMNO

I know which weapon i'd choose...

Richter

Oh?
We've got the wrench selected as the tool for any serious furrsecuting.  Making the gun firing was tempting, but legal issues, and I'll be recycling it for a Star Wars prop.

LMNO

Does the wrench have a name?

For example...

Richter

:lulz:
I was thinking FurrSchmiss, but that works too.  Leln will be carrying the thing, so she really gets final say.

Sir Squid Diddimus

LMNO

Sir Squid Diddimus

Richter

BUMP

I've been slacking on pics, but by no means have I been idle. 
First off:  recent acquisitions to materials and capability.

Squid's Care Package stuff!  The pic is from ages ago, and a lot of it has already been used or put into service.

Meat Grinder!

Now and then, dad will hand me tools, scrap, or junk.  This either means he had spares out the wang already, he wants it field tested by the weird crap I get into, or mom is pissed and it needs to get OUT of the house.
This was one such item.  I use it to make cheap pork chops into pie filling.
I love using it.  It's like an industrial accident in slow motion.

Richter

Recent projects.  I took Nigel's advice and got a bench grinder.  Fire hazard me damned.

I got into carving wood and bone for no apparent reason.  One of the first hurdles was getting good tiny carving tools.  So I bought a cheap cold chisel, and made one.

The steel COULD be harder, and it requires semi frequent sharpening.  (cheap diamond hone, then on a Norton Abrasives 6000 grit synthetic stone.)  May try to harden it later, but as is it will get and stay sharp enough to cut through your finger without you feeling it.  

Edit:  wrong grit on the fine hone. 

This was one of my first experiments in carving symbols in things, and staining them with India ink.  The symbol, for those into WH40K, is appropriate considering accidents with the above tool.  (Definitely NOT madjicquackle sigil.)  I plan to try some scrimshaw style work too.  

Also in the Warhammer vein, an Inquisitorial rosette I'm filing / grinding out of a scrap of steel plate I found.  It's been the boredom project for awhile.  Finishing it whenever.  On the right is a laminated printout I use for profile / size.

Kubotans as "self defense tool" (read: weapons marketed to the gun control crowd), have always seemed lackluster to me.  Too short for a real stick, too lightweight for a proper fistload, more like half a mini - nunchuck or flail bit for your keys.  (better to have a big carabiner clip)  Then I found an 8" brass "punch" at Harbor Freight today cheap.  Not the ideal tool, but it still handles decently for what it is, more reach and heft than any commercial model I've seen yet.

Jasper

I like the last one.  It gave me an idea for a collapsible flail.

Cait M. R.

Quote from: Felix on December 31, 2009, 08:36:43 AM
I like the last one.  It gave me an idea for a collapsible flail.

WANT