News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

Common Walls Debate

Started by Cramulus, February 21, 2012, 03:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Awesome!!!

First, let's do Common Walls!

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cramulus on February 21, 2012, 03:49:09 PM
Awesome!!!

First, let's do Common Walls!
That's still kinda not finished, isn't it?

Cramulus

meanwhile cuddles, you should post the text you collected for your Intermittens issue, just in case somebody wants to lay it out . . .

Cramulus

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on February 21, 2012, 04:00:48 PM

Perhaps --- but I don't think anybody's gonna declare it "done". As soon as there've been no new submissions for a week, I'd say that's a good indicator that we're out of steam on it. Also, having a "first draft" pamphlet is often what we need to see what the project is missing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on February 21, 2012, 05:06:51 PM

Perhaps --- but I don't think anybody's gonna declare it "done". As soon as there've been no new submissions for a week, I'd say that's a good indicator that we're out of steam on it. Also, having a "first draft" pamphlet is often what we need to see what the project is missing.
It's LMNO & Nigel's thing.  They should say when it's done.

And I'm not out of steam, not yet.  I wasn't aware we had a deadline.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Uh, yeah. I still have stuff I want to write for that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2012, 05:08:07 PM

huh, I thought it was a collaborative board project, my bad.

Anyway, starting to put together a layout draft =/= writing deadline

layout & design can have a big impact on content, it's not something you should save for the very end IMO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on February 21, 2012, 05:29:30 PM

It is.  But it's being run by those two, as editors.  It's like an intermittens, except it's a book.  It's nowhere near book length yet, and as far as I know, we are not in the habit of making decisions for intermittens editors without even their consent, and I think the same applies here.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on February 21, 2012, 05:29:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2012, 05:08:07 PM

Anyway, starting to put together a layout draft =/= writing deadline

layout & design can have a big impact on content, it's not something you should save for the very end IMO

Yes, it's a collaborative board project, and no, you may not take it over.

Cramulus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cramulus

The Good Reverend Roger

Nephew Twiddleton

I didnt see crams post as an attempt to take over the project.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS