News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

ITT: Call It Now, Be Right Later

Started by Cramulus, August 20, 2007, 02:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

In This Thread, call it like you see it. When these things come to pass we'll have a written record that I TOLD YOU GUYS THAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN

Paris Hilton is going to reinvent herself as a tough, leather jacket wearing bad-ass.

When the Large Hadron Collider goes operational in May 2008, a lot of crazy shit is going to happen.

Moar nostalgia based movies -- Transformers and TMNT paved the way for mega blockbusters based on selling you your childhood, especially if you grew up in the 80s.

EDITED to change subject from "ITT: Call it in Advance"

Lies

This thread is going to be epic win.  :mrgreen:

21/12/2012 will be the date a lot of hippie new agers will be sorely disappointed.

It will also happen to be the date that I'll be throwing a massive party with the theme of "Party like it's the end of history!" and get lots of gullible pinks to spend everything they have because they'll be under the impression they're not going to need their money once "it" happens. 
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Suu

A Hurricane named Dean is going to hit the Texas coast by the end of the week. It will reach catagory 5 within 24 hours, but will downgrade again to 4 before actually making landfall. This is due to the cooler waters of the Mississippi River dumping in the Gulf of Mexico and erratic currents, unless it continues straight forward into the Yucatan, in which it will remain a cat 5 while it crosses the peninsula but will get torn up by the terrain. It will breach into the Pacific as a tropical storm.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Somebody, somewhere, will be horribly disappointed at how their lives turned out.

Lies

Quote from: Kaou Suu on August 20, 2007, 02:30:46 PM
A Hurricane named Dean is going to hit the Texas coast by the end of the week. It will reach catagory 5 within 24 hours, but will downgrade again to 4 before actually making landfall. This is due to the cooler waters of the Mississippi River dumping in the Gulf of Mexico and erratic currents, unless it continues straight forward into the Yucatan, in which it will remain a cat 5 while it crosses the peninsula but will get torn up by the terrain. It will breach into the Pacific as a tropical storm.

Why Dean?
- Oh it exists, and how!

Suu

I don't know, sounds like a good name.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Lies

After one of your ex's perhaps?
- Oh it exists, and how!

AFK

Some schmuck that may or may not have "breasts" will be in the oval office in 2009.  

My young brother will probably be in a trench somewhere in Iran in 2010, if not sooner.  

The current Van Halen reunion tour will de-rail right after their perfomance in Cleveland, Ohio.  

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

Cramulus

What do you think - 2008 US presidential election: Will the voter turnout be higher or lower than average?

Also, I predict that around the time of the primaries, we will see a democratic candidate in a feel-good music video.

AFK

I think it will be lower than average.  In fact, I predict the lowest turnout for a Presidential election cycle in decades.  (percentage wise of course)

And yes, I think we'll see a vast array of UNNGGG-worthy public appearances by the eventual nominees. 

Meanwhile, with sagging ratings, Fred Thompson will take over the entire hour of the Law and Order episodes to run his campaign. 

Darth Cupcake

I agree with super low.

Although I will once again plaster my area with voter registration posters and hand out voter registration cards at work. It won't do anything, but I'll try anyways.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Cramulus

Game Predictions:

I predict that the long awaited Mass Effect for the 360 will be the first nail in the PS3's coffin. Metal Gear will revitalize the PS3 market a bit, but it will generally continue to succeed in Japan and fail in the US.

I bet Spore, when it finally comes out and becomes instantly popular, will be the harbinger of many more open-ended, creative style games with fractillian complexity.

I've always wanted to see an MMO which blends Second Life and World of Warcraft. Something where in addition to hack & slash, you're also participating in a community and could live in a city, fight in a war, participate in government, etc. If this is ever released, it won't be by Blizzard.

D&D 4th Edition by 2009.

I think one day we'll see a web 2.0 style video game - where the game is populated with user generated content. Think myspace, but instead of making a page with info about you, you build and customize levels for your friends to explore. If this can get you laid somehow, it'll be an overnight hit.

New genres of games will eventually emerge which make use of portable systems equipped with GPS and VoIP. Games in which you have to go physically explore the world in order to play. ((Metal Gear Portable Ops for the PS3 already has something like this - the quickest way to recruit NPCs for your team is to actually wander around your neighborhood and connect to other people's wireless networks. You have a better chance of doing this if you can get closer to the signal))

AFK

Don't forget Halo 3.  I think this will be a very Merry Xmas for Microsoft this year. 

Cramulus

oh god yeah. I know quite a few people who will be suffering from sleep deprivation and severe malnutrition by October 1st.