News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Twid's spiritual exploration thingie.

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, June 27, 2013, 06:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 21, 2013, 05:23:28 AM
I'm wondering too.

"I'm offing Sylvia Browne... about time I took one for the team."
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 20, 2013, 07:31:11 AM
This is a few days later but uh. I actually had a religious experience praying to Jewish God. I've been having some difficulty processing it. I'm still not sure how to process it. And it's not like I've been a particularly good Jew in the interim. I mean, hell, I throw Kosher out the window whenever Villager's cooking. It was just kinda weird. Will have to science more, I guess.

Jews do feel that they are much closer to God as his "chosen ones" over other faiths, even though Christians and Muslims do share the same creator. So this is actually not the first time I've heard someone Jewish say that God does in fact, speak back to them. If you do end up parsing what he said, remember it's for you and you alone. You don't have to share it with the rest of class.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hirley0

Quote from: Suu on November 21, 2013, 03:19:58 PM
This is a few days later but uh. I actually had a religious experience praying to Jewish God. I've been having some difficulty processing it. I'm still not sure how to process it. And it's not like I've been a particularly good Jew in the interim. I mean, hell, I throw Kosher out the window whenever Villager's cooking. It was just kinda weird. Will have to science more, I guess.

Shirley? i should AVoid this
/-/owever here is my take on this
.1 i espouse the 1 electron theory of 1
2: it Was they Who attempted2 but failed in my AssAsInNation
&3 then '69 & Now On going. I still exist | so boo2'M

As4 the chase | i get board. see | tbc} 8:32-

Jews do feel that they are much closer to God as his "chosen ones" over other faiths, even though Christians and Muslims do share the same creator. So this is actually not the first time I've heard someone Jewish say that God does in fact, speak back to them. If you do end up parsing what he said, remember it's for you and you alone. You don't have to share it with the rest of class.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,34353.msg1313779.html#msg1313779 8:44:45

hooplala

hirley0, I don't understand anything you post, but I like you.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Aucoq

Quote from: Rex Bologna on November 21, 2013, 02:42:53 PM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 21, 2013, 05:23:28 AM
I'm wondering too.

"I'm offing Sylvia Browne... about time I took one for the team."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote from: hirley0 on November 21, 2013, 04:32:21 PM

I had never heard of the one electron theory before.  That's an interesting theory.  The man who came up with it is really interesting too.

Also, Twid, when I asked what god said to you I hope I didn't come off as pushy.  I promise the question came from a place of genuine interest.  But please don't feel like I'm holding a gun to your head or anything where you feel like you have to give an answer.  If what he said is too personal or you don't feel comfortable saying then I completely understand.  :)
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Suu

Quote from: Rex Bologna on November 21, 2013, 04:45:18 PM

Hirley0 makes the world go round.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,34353.msg1313779.html#msg1313779 8:44:45

I  think we talked about the 1 electron theory on key880 around 1991 or so, didn't we?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If I recall, it's what got me interested in physics, although I never pursued that interest.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

I haven't been ignoring this thread due to discomfort but rather due to academic obligations (for reasons that are about to be clear).

I've been expecting this, and, weird as it is, I've decided to be honest and give my interpretation of it.

God said, "You are God."

I interpret this to mean that the panentheist model is correct (or that I was just loudly talking to myself on a subconscious level), and that I, as an individual have a self-determined destiny to see about, and I'm not seeing about it, and God had to tell me flat out to stop worrying about me and start worrying about me. If that makes sense. I interpret it as "there is work to be done. You alone can determine what that work is." It was, however, a loud and clear voice that fell silent after is spoke.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

As a born goy, I have been struggling with my identity as a non-Jewish Jew.

I suspect that this is one of those take away things. Much like I decided that the concept of God Incarnate within the context of Christianity meant that God just doesn't feckin get his best work, and had to become his best work to feckin' get it.

Nephew Twiddleton

Silly, I know. Like I said, chalking it up to auditory hallucination, which can happen in perfectly mentally healthy people, especially if they think their thoughts in sound, which, I in fact do and always have.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 21, 2013, 06:16:39 PM

I  think we talked about the 1 electron theory on key880 around 1991 or so, didn't we?

It's been around that long?!

Nephew Twiddleton

Anyway, I'm thankful for it. Better that your imaginary friend tell you something that's taken as a benefit rather than kill kill kill. Even if it is just a part of my brain speaking up, it's saying something prodding in a positive way.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Suu on November 21, 2013, 04:52:46 PM
Quote from: Rex Bologna on November 21, 2013, 04:45:18 PM

Hirley0 makes the world go round.

I figured it out. Hirley0 hacked my brain.

:argh!:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 22, 2013, 05:48:34 AM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 21, 2013, 06:16:39 PM

It's been around that long?!

Since before my mother was born, actually. It's not a serious theory though, just a fun mindgame.