Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
This is all miles above my pay-grade. so I'm about to make a fool of myself in answering the OP re:reduction of casualties. If I were to make a rough estimate, it seems like by the end of WWI we had gotten a little too good at killing each-other on a global scale. if someone graphed war casualties over time, I should think we might see a temperig of carnage after we went nuclear. of course this fits the whole deterent narrative to a tee, so maybe suspicious. various fronts have still occured and we continue to fight proxies, so the numbers can't be too low... we still purported to fight for freedom (oil) and finding non-extant nukes when we already had access to information and technology voiding said objectives. from my naive perspective it seems like the development of military technology stopped when they fashioned 'a type of bat with a round or oval frame strun with catgut', for protection.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread
« Last post by Brother Mythos on Yesterday at 08:40:20 pm »
Roger Stone Posts, Deletes Swastika-Filled Image Of Trump Crew

As per the article:

‘Trump confidante Roger Stone on Tuesday posted on Instagram, and then deleted, a photoshopped image prominently showing him and other Trump affiliates wearing swastikas.

The caption reads: “I love this — proud to be in this crew — but the only lies being told are by the liberal scumbags  #maga #republican #infowars”’

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/roger-stone-posts-deletes-swastika-filled-image-of-trump-crew

Maybe Stone plans to pursue an insanity defense, after his eventual indictment.

But, it makes me wonder, yet again, where do these people come from in the first place?!
Apple Talk / Re: Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase
« Last post by Emo Howard on Yesterday at 07:22:44 pm »
Hey, Look! It's Trayvon/Zimmerman 2.0, but this time there are witnesses and maybe a video of the incident.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/Shooter-charged-with-manslaughter-in-Clearwater-stand-your-ground-case_170853729
Much as we hate to admit it, there has never been a dumb President.

And that is when Twid jinxed us all.

So, He’s the one!

Anyway, in reference to your new lower signature, last week I found a zucchini in my garden that looked like a bomb too. The damn thing was about eight inches in diameter, and about eighteen inches long. That’s what can happen when it rains for five days straight, and you can’t get outside to pick anything.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.
« Last post by Brother Mythos on Yesterday at 06:02:39 pm »
Aneristic Illusions / Re: The Space Force
« Last post by Brother Mythos on Yesterday at 02:35:00 pm »
Trigger warning below:

What pisses me off more than Gunn being fired in particular is the notion that this is the test run for a never-ending campaign of hitjobs like this.
And what pisses me off even more than that is that nobody wants to own up to the fact that this was always a flaw of call-out culture, and that while trying rapists and abusers in the court of public opinion is all well and good for people who otherwise would be untouchable, but can we all agree that shouldn't be the end goal? Like, isn't it time we started, y'know, fixing the legal system so victims can actually get justice? No? Just keep dragging celebrities cuz it makes us feel good? Well alright then.

That's not a flaw of call-out culture, it is the logical end result of call-out culture.  You may remember what went on here a couple of years ago.  That was basically a working model of what happened in the "real" world.  It was never, ever about justice.  It was about who the king-shit caller-outer was.  Who was the most morally pure tumblrista.

It took quite some time for me to stop being bitter about that.
What pisses me off more than Gunn being fired in particular is the notion that this is the test run for a never-ending campaign of hitjobs like this.
And what pisses me off even more than that is that nobody wants to own up to the fact that this was always a flaw of call-out culture, and that while trying rapists and abusers in the court of public opinion is all well and good for people who otherwise would be untouchable, but can we all agree that shouldn't be the end goal? Like, isn't it time we started, y'know, fixing the legal system so victims can actually get justice? No? Just keep dragging celebrities cuz it makes us feel good? Well alright then.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10