EHNIX: Evolving a Grass-Roots Fractal Syndicalistic Holarchy under Subsidiaty

Started by Ixxie, August 31, 2013, 03:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 04, 2013, 04:34:19 PM
Quote from: Kai on September 04, 2013, 04:29:25 PM
But I will ask this: Why are you attempting productive biology research on a Discordian web forum? You don't see me bringing my fly dick illustrations around here and asking, "So what do you guys think about the shape of the cerci/surstyli/phallus in these individuals? Do you think they could constitute a species group within this genus? How about this most recent cladogram including these genes? What do you think about these genera being next to each other? Do you think this brings the concept of this tribe into question? How about these bootstrap values? How about these branch lengths? Does this genus as sister to the family make sense?" Not that I don't think people wouldn't appreciate the Lovecraftian parade of insect genitalia, at least aesthetically. I understand quite well that they don't have the background knowledge to make those calls, and I don't assume it, and I don't think anyone is offended by that.

I am offended that you made me google that shit.

:lulz: It was to make a point. Sorry. (not really sorry)  :lulz:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's a great question, Kai, and my hypothesis is that it's because we need to RECKANIZE HIS GENIUS.

Because seriously, bringing a specialized scientific topic to a non-science forum and then shitting on everyone because there aren't any other theoretical biologist PhD candidates here... is it just me, or is that a tad bit irrational and also kind of a dick move? Sorry we aren't all brilliant and specialized in your field of interest, guy.

I mean, I find it mildly disappointing that You People don't really want to spend endless hours discussing the neurobiology of disease. Therefore I won't ever attempt to post anything productive on this forum ever again. Certainly not on a level a mere layperson could understand or enjoy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on September 04, 2013, 04:38:48 PM
That's a great question, Kai, and my hypothesis is that it's because we need to RECKANIZE HIS GENIUS.

Because seriously, bringing a specialized scientific topic to a non-science forum and then shitting on everyone because there aren't any other theoretical biologist PhD candidates here... is it just me, or is that a tad bit irrational and also kind of a dick move? Sorry we aren't all brilliant and specialized in your field of interest, guy.

I mean, I find it mildly disappointing that You People don't really want to spend endless hours discussing the neurobiology of disease. Therefore I won't ever attempt to do anything productive on this forum ever again.

I AM SO OFFENDED THAT YOU WANT TO TALK SO MUCH ABOUT THINGS I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT AND THEN DON'T TALK ABOUT IT.  :argh!:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Kai on September 04, 2013, 04:37:27 PM
But I will ask this: Why are you attempting productive biology research on a Discordian web forum? You don't see me bringing my fly dick illustrations around here and asking, "So what do you guys think about the shape of the cerci/surstyli/phallus in these individuals? Do you think they could constitute a species group within this genus? How about this most recent cladogram including these genes? What do you think about these genera being next to each other? Do you think this brings the concept of this tribe into question? How about these bootstrap values? How about these branch lengths? Does this genus as sister to the family make sense?" Not that I don't think people wouldn't appreciate the Lovecraftian parade of insect genitalia, at least aesthetically. I understand quite well that they don't have the background knowledge to make those calls, and I don't assume it, and I don't think anyone is offended by that.

Next time just post pics like a nice person  :fap:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 04, 2013, 04:32:17 PM
Quote from: Ixxie on September 04, 2013, 03:57:47 PM
Nobody even responded directly to the actual idea.

You mean this?

Quote from: Ixxie on August 31, 2013, 03:53:17 AM
The following proposal I will call for now EHNIX: the Erisian Holistic Network for Intersubjective Exchange. The structure would consists of units we will call Syndicates - of the order of magnitude of 5-500 people or so. People join by free association and decide their own organizational structure, determining they own actions and goals freely.

- Snip -

I am quite convinced that some variant of the sketch propounded here - when implemented with enough people and resources - could be is sufficient to at least reaching a level of economic and technologic autonomy sufficient for the basic sustenance, safety and shelter (as history has proven).

But I also think we could reproduce many other products of modernity in this way as well - producing critical supplies like antibiotics and basic electronic and mechanical tools on our own. Probably in many ways it might be able to them better, if tuned right.

I am also convinced that the growth of such a network is feasible and sustainable in the current climate and civilization. Not only that - if successful it could survive many disasters which other current social structures are fragile to.

Thus - this Network might hide in the Shadows of current Nation State Paradigm - waiting for its collapse prepared.

- Snip –

Open Questions:

• Does this seem feasible?
  • Does anybody know any existing projects in this direction?
  • What kind of problems would you foresee?
  • Which heuristics, strategies and concepts would you add or remove from this list?
  • Anybody interested in helping me develop this concept farther in a serious way, even trying to implement it eventually?

1. No.
2. Somalia.
3. Humans being involved.
4. How to obtain food, shelter and water while remaining a free collective off the grid.
5. Not really.

Oh yeah, that. I didn't respond to that because it looks like yet another iteration of utopianism, which is neither new nor interesting.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 04, 2013, 04:41:56 PM

Happy now? (Picture is from this story BTW).

LMNO

Also, the main reason no one responded to his Great Idea™ was that Kai took issue with the very premise the Idea was built upon; and until that can be resolved, there's no need to discuss it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Kai on September 04, 2013, 04:41:34 PM
Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on September 04, 2013, 04:38:48 PM

I mean, I find it mildly disappointing that You People don't really want to spend endless hours discussing the neurobiology of disease. Therefore I won't ever attempt to do anything productive on this forum ever again.

I AM SO OFFENDED THAT YOU WANT TO TALK SO MUCH ABOUT THINGS I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT AND THEN DON'T TALK ABOUT IT.  :argh!:

:lulz:

I am currently reading Robert Sapolsky, who I have the biggest science crush on, and will find a related article presently and post it in a new thread. WARNING: I WILL PROBABLY GUSH EMBARRASSINGLY BECAUSE I LOVE HIM SO SO SO MUCH.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Kai on September 04, 2013, 04:44:57 PM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 04, 2013, 04:41:56 PM

Happy now? (Picture is from this story BTW).

:aaa::1fap:

Q. G. Pennyworth

Is that one of the ones where they lasered the spikes off insect dicks to see if the spikes themselves improved fertilization rates or were just highly correlated with other traits that resulted in higher fertilization?

Oh, wait, you totally linked to that story as the source and I was too excited that I knew something to notice it.

Wait, no, this one's fruit flies and the one I read was the bed bugs. How much insect dick spine removal surgery do you guys get into, anyway?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 04, 2013, 04:45:23 PM
Also, the main reason no one responded to his Great Idea™ was that Kai took issue with the very premise the Idea was built upon; and until that can be resolved, there's no need to discuss it.

Are we getting close yet?

Kai

Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on September 04, 2013, 04:46:34 PM
Quote from: Kai on September 04, 2013, 04:41:34 PM

:lulz:

I am currently reading Robert Sapolsky, who I have the biggest science crush on, and will find a related article presently and post it in a new thread. WARNING: I WILL PROBABLY GUSH EMBARRASSINGLY BECAUSE I LOVE HIM SO SO SO MUCH.

It will undoubtedly be interesting because you're /practiced at communicating/.

Ixxie

Kai - it was never my intention to start a scientific discussion. Frankly - this clusterfuck on my part is the product of an isolated summer and lack of familiarity with the forum. I should have made the OP short and clear and there was actually no need for the evolutionary stuff. I was just following my line of thought, but I just realize how cruel it is to subject other people that mess. My sincere apologies.

LMNO - I appreciate your response. I did not intend this as a hippie-anarchist commune that is completely self sustaining, but as a decentralized and replicating business model in the world as it is today. I will try and -snip- my future posts similarly.
"In Shadow - we find the Light - Safely Sealed in Darkest Night, so make Sure Ya'll Keep it Tight. Wizards Only - Fools!"

Kai

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ALTRUISM!  :argh!: :argh!: :argh!:

Ixxie

Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on September 04, 2013, 04:49:07 PM

Are we getting close yet?

Maybe. It was more inspired by the idea, not using it as a premise. On the other hand, I can understand why you would ignore it for that.

"In Shadow - we find the Light - Safely Sealed in Darkest Night, so make Sure Ya'll Keep it Tight. Wizards Only - Fools!"