News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

An actual relevant article on the relative dangers of drugs.

Started by Kai, July 01, 2012, 01:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

It doesn't count as pre-emptive, not when the outcome is inevitable.

Especially not when it's been just 10 days since the last attempt at this.

BRB, gonna jam my dick in a meat grinder.  Sure, it hurt like fuck the other 20 times, but this time will be different.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 01, 2012, 08:25:59 PM

BRB, gonna jam my dick in a meat grinder.  Sure, it hurt like fuck the other 20 times, but this time will be different.

I see your point, but also I am actually kind of interested in discussing this topic with Kai, from a public health perspective, after I figure out how to access it the article through the university, and the thread hadn't been been spagged up YET. Just on principle, it seems like a good idea to give these doomed threads a fighting chance so that maybe the first few pages can be actual discussion between interested parties, even when we know that they will eventually degenerate into a toolbox.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cain

OK.

But it won't stop there.  I'm just saying.  When this thread is 70 pages long and shows no sign of slowing down, and RWHN is engaging in passive-aggressive posting and extremely questionable analysis, and everyone else is basking in self-righteous glee at being able to offload on him for it, except Glittersnatch, who is going to ever more desperate lengths to write fanfic shocking enough to snap you all the fuck out of it...

Just remember, it could have stopped here.

Kai

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 01, 2012, 08:46:25 PM

I see your point, but also I am actually kind of interested in discussing this topic with Kai, from a public health perspective, after I figure out how to access it the article through the university, and the thread hadn't been been spagged up YET. Just on principle, it seems like a good idea to give these doomed threads a fighting chance so that maybe the first few pages can be actual discussion between interested parties, even when we know that they will eventually degenerate into a toolbox.

If you can get ahold of the article, I'd love to read it. Won't once again have journal access till the end of August.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: ZL 'Kai' Burington, M.S. on July 01, 2012, 09:09:54 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 01, 2012, 08:46:25 PM

If you can get ahold of the article, I'd love to read it. Won't once again have journal access till the end of August.

I'm hoping I can access it from work on Tuesday, but if not I'll just go to the library and scan a copy. Since I haven't been through orientation, my PSU library account might not be set up yet.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Placid Dingo

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 01, 2012, 04:23:56 AM
Butane and gas huffing were a big deal among Australian Aboriginals in the 90's,  dunno if they still are.  I only knew at that point because I was talking with my step brother more often and he lives in Australia.  He may have exaggerated it a bit though because he's kind of racist.

There's some truth in it being a problem, but there's also a stereotype. Some cool stuffs being done in problematic communities with Opal fuel- powers cars but can't get you high. The areas where it's popular are just really really socially fucked up
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

AFK

Quote from: Cain on July 01, 2012, 09:09:44 PM
OK.

But it won't stop there.  I'm just saying.  When this thread is 70 pages long and shows no sign of slowing down, and RWHN is engaging in passive-aggressive posting and extremely questionable analysis, and everyone else is basking in self-righteous glee at being able to offload on him for it, except Glittersnatch, who is going to ever more desperate lengths to write fanfic shocking enough to snap you all the fuck out of it...

Just remember, it could have stopped here.

I think its cute that you are taking a passive aggressive swipe at me with a passive aggressive post about my passive aggressiveness.   ;)

No , I'm going to hold back and see how others interpret this study before I weigh in, if I weigh in at all.  Gotta busy week ahead, still trying to wrestle with the State and the Governor's office over these backwards funding cuts.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 01, 2012, 11:32:42 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 01, 2012, 04:23:56 AM
Butane and gas huffing were a big deal among Australian Aboriginals in the 90's,  dunno if they still are.  I only knew at that point because I was talking with my step brother more often and he lives in Australia.  He may have exaggerated it a bit though because he's kind of racist.

There's some truth in it being a problem, but there's also a stereotype. Some cool stuffs being done in problematic communities with Opal fuel- powers cars but can't get you high. The areas where it's popular are just really really socially fucked up

Yeah, like America.   :lulz:

Cain

Quote from: The Bad Reverend What's-His-Name! on July 01, 2012, 11:40:19 PM
I think its cute that you are taking a passive aggressive swipe at me with a passive aggressive post about my passive aggressiveness.   ;)

OK then: you're a shitty, biased analyst who cannot overcome your own cognitive, authority and sampling biases in interpreting data.  Furthermore, you get off on being the centre of attention regardless of whether that attention is positive or not; you're basically a less perverted version of BabylonHoruv.

Direct enough for you, asswipe?

AFK

Aww, your just sore that these threads get more play than yours.  Look man, I don't ask for everyone and their cousin to get sucked into these threads.  Don't blame me for the lack of willpower of others.  Now, I need to go lick my wounds after that devastating insult, from you.   :lulz:

Cain

And now yet another thread is now about RWHN getting all the negative attention he can.  See?  Like fucking clockwork.

And no doubt he'll find someone stupid enough to give in to temptation and go along with that plan for a good 20-30 pages.  It's all so predictable.  I almost wish someone would declare this a sociological experiment - I could at least readily believe this was pre-planned and built for idiocy.

Not me, though.  You'll have to invite someone else to help you get into your "pity poor me" moods.  I'm leaving this stupid thread before it grows any worse.

AFK

Sorry, I thought it might upset y ou if I didn't go for your obvious bait.  Didn't want to ruin your night

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on July 02, 2012, 12:50:24 AM
And now yet another thread is now about RWHN getting all the negative attention he can.  See?  Like fucking clockwork.

And no doubt he'll find someone stupid enough to give in to temptation and go along with that plan for a good 20-30 pages.  It's all so predictable.  I almost wish someone would declare this a sociological experiment - I could at least readily believe this was pre-planned and built for idiocy.

Not me, though.  You'll have to invite someone else to help you get into your "pity poor me" moods.  I'm leaving this stupid thread before it grows any worse.

I'm out, too. He LIKES it too much.
Might be less perverted than BH but he's obviously into humiliation. Probably a scat muncher.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division