News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Touched By A Goddess

Started by The Wizard Joseph, September 10, 2012, 02:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

That does somewhat speak to my creative originality and make me want to burn artistic bridges, to be honest.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Hmmm. Potentially new thread.

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 06, 2015, 11:37:00 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on January 06, 2015, 11:29:53 PM
Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on January 06, 2015, 11:28:02 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 06, 2015, 11:22:00 PM
Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on January 06, 2015, 11:06:07 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 06, 2015, 11:00:11 PM
At some point in the story, I would recommend Eris eye the table and lick her lips.

But that's just me.

And that would be weirdly hot, and definitely intriguing. But why would she do that? What sort of shit and in how many kilograms of shit does Eris give about tables, and more specifically, this particular table? Why does she lick her lips at this table? Should the table be afraid at that?

YES

Yes.

YES.

Not to spag up your story, Joe, but have you considered making the TABLE your protagonist?

I once considered, in my more artistic days, writing a story that was from the perspective of a dollar bill, and the adventures that the bill went through.

There's a movie like that.  It's called Twenty Bucks, made in 1003.

That's a really old movie.

Oops.  1993.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 06, 2015, 11:37:00 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on January 06, 2015, 11:29:53 PM
At some point in the story, I would recommend Eris eye the table and lick her lips.

But that's just me.

And that would be weirdly hot, and definitely intriguing. But why would she do that? What sort of shit and in how many kilograms of shit does Eris give about tables, and more specifically, this particular table? Why does she lick her lips at this table? Should the table be afraid at that?

YES

Yes.

YES.

Not to spag up your story, Joe, but have you considered making the TABLE your protagonist?

I once considered, in my more artistic days, writing a story that was from the perspective of a dollar bill, and the adventures that the bill went through.

There's a movie like that.  It's called Twenty Bucks, made in 1003.

That's a really old movie.

Oldest move I've ever heard of, in fact. I didn't even know they had twenty-dollar-bills back then.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Yeah, but it was worth a lot more back then, as it was backed by real gold and not fiat currency run by the Templars and Jews.

The Johnny

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on January 06, 2015, 11:37:12 PM
That does somewhat speak to my creative originality and make me want to burn artistic bridges, to be honest.

You mean build a bridge and then you burn it? CHECH YOUR PRIVILEGE ecocidal maniac
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Johnny on January 07, 2015, 12:30:42 AM

You mean build a bridge and then you burn it? CHECH YOUR PRIVILEGE ecocidal maniac

Hey, I'm a a biologist, not an engineer. What happens after my suggestions isn't my problem.

Why the fuck did you hire a biologist to build a bridge anyway?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 07, 2015, 12:09:12 AM
Yeah, but it was worth a lot more back then, as it was backed by real gold and not fiat currency run by the Templars and Jews.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on January 07, 2015, 12:37:51 AM

Hey, I'm a a biologist, not an engineer. What happens after my suggestions isn't my problem.

They hired me to build a bridge. So I planted a bunch of trees by the edge of the ravine and told them to wait for it.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 07, 2015, 12:58:34 AM

They hired me to build a bridge. So I planted a bunch of trees by the edge of the ravine and told them to wait for it.

But did they have high heels and an apple bottom ass?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on January 07, 2015, 01:08:18 AM

The Wizard Joseph

But that's just me.

YES

Yes.

YES.

Far from it Twid! I really like the idea, the table was a mystery to me as well during the writing of this. A title already is upon me. The Ballad of Eris' New Table.

I'll try to put some interesting hogwash together as a ballad.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 07, 2015, 01:35:36 AM

Yowza!
Appearantly the Personal Protective Equipment meeting was unheeded... but not a total loss.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 07, 2015, 01:35:36 AM

:lulz: