News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on October 10, 2016, 06:30:05 PM

My biggest grudge is against existential horror. It is quite inferior to metaphysical and ontological horror.

This is wrong and you are a bad person.  And you should feel bad.

Nothing metaphysical can possibly match up to the daily, grinding horror that is being The Good Reverend Roger.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2016, 06:40:40 PM
Nothing metaphysical can possibly match up to the daily, grinding horror that is being The Good Reverend Roger.

How about when FNORDS cross that boundary? Then you can become The Good Reverend Roger with FNORDS which simultaneously exist and don't exist buried in the brain? Admittedly, that can make things more hilarious.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on October 10, 2016, 06:49:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2016, 06:40:40 PM

How about when FNORDS cross that boundary? Then you can become The Good Reverend Roger with FNORDS which simultaneously exist and don't exist buried in the brain? Admittedly, that can make things more hilarious.

I can't see Fnords, therefore they cannot hurt me. 

It's worth mentioning that we ran the fnords joke into the ground in 2003.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2016, 08:12:28 PM

That's good to know. Unfortunately I perceive things which may as well be called fnords. My namesake points to my approach in dealing with whatever-you'd-like-to-call-them, besides the ever generic "insanity" or "you-need-a-professional".

Cain

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on October 10, 2016, 08:23:08 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2016, 08:12:28 PM

That's good to know. Unfortunately I perceive things which may as well be called fnords. My namesake points to my approach in dealing with whatever-you'd-like-to-call-them, besides the ever generic "insanity" or "you-need-a-professional".

"Machine Elves".  That's a good name.  I'd go with that.

It'll also drive Alex Jones even crazier, so there's no actual downside.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: Cain on October 10, 2016, 09:21:01 PM
"Machine Elves".  That's a good name.  I'd go with that.

It'll also drive Alex Jones even crazier, so there's no actual downside.

Wow. I knew he had feelings about globalism and Sandy Hook, but never about DMT and the machine elves.

https://youtu.be/0BKzuzjjCro

This video really brightened my day. Thanks Cain. Can't say I've encountered sentient beings in all my madness, but I understand how people could suspect they have, considering there's not much social infrastructure or protocol for dealing with these types of affairs.

Cain

MithridatesXXIII

I've just forwarded that to a friend who likes EDM. There  might be a trap remix hitting the Tampa underground scene before long

LMNO

minuspace

Hello.  Just a friendly reminder that the machine elves just work there, there is nothing "mechanical" about them.  Really thought I needed to clear that up, because last time.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on October 10, 2016, 09:52:56 PM
If you enjoyed that, you have to check out the remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVqOC-G_Qqw

Just wanted to note that this video is fucking amazing. Lost my shit as soon as glow stick hitler appeared.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

NeonWytch

Hello, I'm just another youngin' seeking enlightenment from some foagie religion from the late 60s.

Why Discordism? Because Subgenius has a membership fee.
Also, I feel like I've had a lot more "ah-ha" moments reading through this forum than not reading through this forum.

Of course, the age of this forum (what with it's injokes and gelled friendships and community) make it a bit intimidating, but I hope at some point I'll be able to provide some kind of vaguely fresh (Or at least appetizingly musty) content.

I'm an artist, dominatrix, and astronomy major. I might be human, but it's hard for a cabbage to look at itself what with the lack of a neck to crane.

On occasion I culture jam, but not regularly enough for it to do anything but make someone's day weirder and give myself a giggle. I'm very effective at being ineffective at real change. I'm also very angry all the time, and I'm hoping I can learn how to laugh more in the face of the frothing churning madness I see every time I step out my door. 
A wise man once said "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

Vanadium Gryllz

Welcome! Sounds like you are in the right place.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

MithridatesXXIII

LMNO