News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

A rant : Magic (possibly Spirituality to)

Started by NotPublished, December 24, 2009, 01:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

<Image speaks telephatically> I THANK YOU TOO HUMAN, FOR ADDING ME TO YOUR FANTASIES ABOUT WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE (BUT ARENT BECAUSE YOURE OVERCOMPENSATING YOU FAAAAAAAAAT LARRRRDOOOO1!!!111)
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

OH WOE, NOT ENOUGH PIXIE DUST!
                                     /
                                   /
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

I actually formulated a law about that.

"On any Pagan board, the hotness of a woman's avatar is inversely proportional to the hotness of the actual woman."
- Roger's Third Law of Paganism.

for the men:

"A male pagan's commitment to paganism is directly proportional to their conservativism."
- Roger's Fourth Law of Paganism.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Johnny

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 05, 2010, 11:51:12 PM

"On any Pagan board, the hotness of a woman's avatar is inversely proportional to the hotness of the actual woman."

for the men:

"A male pagan's commitment to paganism is directly proportional to their conservativism."

[/bombardment]

I can agree on the 3rd law, but i dont have empirical evidence to agree with you on the 4th one... it kind of seems counterintuitive to me... dw, ill take your word for it.

[bombardment]

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

OH HARRY, IF ONLY MY SIGILS WERE POWERFUL ENOUGH, WE COULD BE TOGETHER  :cry:

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

WITH ENOUGH CONCENTRATION
                                       AND THIS MAGICAL INCHANTED GLOVE
                                       I CAN MAKE THIS INSTRUMENT FLOAT !!!
                                    /
                                     /
                                   /

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

WITH A LITTLE BIT MORE
                                     OF COLLECTIVE HYSTERIA
                                   WE CAN SUMMON YOGSOTHOTH HIMSELF
                                    NOW START SUCKING, APPRENTICE
                                     /
                                   /

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Hey, if you die of cancer
                                   serves you well,                               
                                    for you didnt pray hard enough
                                    and didnt have faith
                                   /
                                   /

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

FOR A LIMITED TIME OFFER ONLY,
                                   I GIVE MY SERVICES TO ANYONE
                                   THAT LIGHTS 10 BLACK CANDLES
                                   AND MAKES INCANTATIONS NAKED
                                   WITHIN A SALT PENTAGRAM!!!
                                   /
                                  /
                                 /

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on January 05, 2010, 11:53:55 PM

for the men:

[/bombardment]

I can agree on the 3rd law, but i dont have empirical evidence to agree with you on the 4th one... it kind of seems counterintuitive to me... dw, ill take your word for it.

[bombardment]

hxxp://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

hxxp://wicca.com/forums/index.php?board=11.0

When you're done, there's more.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Salty

Quote from: JohNyx on January 06, 2010, 12:09:47 AM
                                   FOR A LIMITED TIME OFFER ONLY,
                                   I GIVE MY SERVICES TO ANYONE
                                   THAT LIGHTS 10 BLACK CANDLES
                                   AND MAKES INCANTATIONS NAKED
                                   WITHIN A SALT PENTAGRAM!!!
                                   /
                                  /
                                 /

all the candles I have are orange and smell like pumpkin pie. Will that work? I only have three.
Also, sea-salt, kosher, what?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Johnny

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 06, 2010, 12:14:35 AM
Quote from: JohNyx on January 05, 2010, 11:53:55 PM

for the men:

[/bombardment]

[bombardment]

hxxp://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

hxxp://wicca.com/forums/index.php?board=11.0

When you're done, there's more.

Theres always sinners, but never enough saviours.

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Quote from: Alty on January 06, 2010, 12:19:25 AM
all the candles I have are orange and smell like pumpkin pie. Will that work? I only have three.
Also, sea-salt, kosher, what?

DID YOU SUMMON ME, MORTAL??!
                                           /
                                          /

-B.F. Skinner

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Epimetheus on January 05, 2010, 10:42:52 PM
Quote from: GA on January 05, 2010, 10:36:34 PM
it doesn't even have a precise location until a measurement event, and it likewise doesn't have a precise momentum until a measurement event.

I've heard/read that before, but how was such a thing found out?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_theorem

People used to be split among three camps:
a) Particles don't have a position before they're measured (which is counterintuitive)
b) They do, we just don't know where that position is (which means QP is incomplete, since it can't tell us where)
c) Asking what the state of something is before it was measured is moronic, since it's completely untestable and therefore unscientific - by definition you can't know what an unmeasured quantity is.

Then Mr. Bell came along and showed that it made a testable difference whether a) or b) was correct, which immediately threw out c).  Later, the experiment he proposed gave really good evidence for a).
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.