News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Roger: An Apology

Started by Captain Utopia, March 27, 2011, 07:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.O.T.

I HATE

that guys avatar
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Adios

Hay Roger. (Forrest Gump imitation!)

Sorry.

East Coast Hustle

I think CU is already getting what he deserves.

Literally half of the posters there now are him and the mods.

Almost all of the other half are PDers trolling.

But hey, at least he'll always have Zurtok.

:lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 27, 2011, 05:29:11 PM
I think CU is already getting what he deserves.

Literally half of the posters there now are him and the mods.

Almost all of the other half are PDers trolling.

But hey, at least he'll always have Zurtok.

:lulz:

I'm busy fucking with Christians at political forums.

East Coast Hustle

Listen, whatever is said about or happens at EB&G from here on, remember that it has NOTHING to do with you or Jenne. You two are awesome and always will be.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 27, 2011, 05:48:45 PM
Listen, whatever is said about or happens at EB&G from here on, remember that it has NOTHING to do with you or Jenne. You two are awesome and always will be.

This.  This is STRICTLY a CU thing, as far as I'm concerned.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Thanks man. It makes me sad to see a war between these boards. Well, war is a bad word, the Bar is not in a position to wage war.

I had hopes this would blow over but I can see now that it isn't going to.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 27, 2011, 05:52:27 PM

This.  This is STRICTLY a CU thing, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks Roger, that's the way I saw it and why I stayed out of it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on March 27, 2011, 05:53:45 PM

Thanks man. It makes me sad to see a war between these boards. Well, war is a bad word, the Bar is not in a position to wage war.

I had hopes this would blow over but I can see now that it isn't going to.

After that "apology"?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know *I* will never forgive him.  He's a half-step away from Fomentor, right now.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

I_Kicked_Kennedy

TGRR, CU is only thriving off of the fact you're paying any sort of mind to the issue whatsoever.

Brush the top of your shoulder with the back of your fingers and he'll tumble back into the mud, from whence he came.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Faust

I have to say, that is the worst apology I have ever seen. Piece of advice that I assumed would have known from the start but I'll say it anyway:

If you are writing an apology and half way down you turn into a stroppy little bitch, don't switch to an attempted attack. Either start again guns blazing from the beginning or walk away, have a think and continue with a proper apology because you cant do both and you will look like a tool for trying.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Donald Coyote on March 27, 2011, 04:44:53 PM
How is that is a fucking apology?

The Apology of Socrates.  Referenced in the second line.  Right after "Dear Roger".  Made explicit in the third.  You can't miss it.  So I'm only halfway through it myself, since it has lots of big words and very few pictures, but I'm assuming that all works out for him in the end.

Right.  So Roger starts a public fight with me.  Starts shitting all over the forum, attacking me and trolling random discussions for a couple of days.  No rebuke.  I treat him with respect and civility trying to work it out, but to no avail.  Giving up, I finally I shit back with one inflammatory post of my own and suddenly I'm Formentor, and EB&G is TCC and CoG combined.

Wow.  It's nice to see that almost two years of being an active user, trying to support this site has absolutely no value.  Good to know.

Warning!  There's a line folks.  Do not cross.

Oh.  And re-read that Formentor thread when you get a chance.  That guy was lynched over a misunderstanding.  Didn't back down because he felt he was in the right.  No olive branch.  No compromise.  Just Hateshit.

East Coast Hustle

I notice you left out the part where you called us all "miserable fucks" and said that PD wasn't capable of speaking for itself.

Nephew Twiddleton

Utopia-

This really should be settled via PM, whether on PD or EBG. This looks all like a misunderstanding from my point of view, but if it really is a misunderstanding, it's between you and Roger. If you two have to PM back and forth ad nauseam so be it. That's all I really have to say on this topic, other than if Roger bans someone there's a reason for it, vague though quid pro quo may be. If I were in your boots I'd be confused about that too, but I would like to think I handled the situation better. Maybe I wouldn't have. It's irrelevant anyway since I'm not really involved. I think though, that this has been given enough public attention.

Blight,
Ignoring any future threads having to do with this incident.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

East Coast Hustle

It might have stayed between him and Roger, if it weren't for the aforementioned parts.

You know how we get when someone paints the entire board with one brush stroke.