Main Menu

Bath Salts

Started by Brotep, January 23, 2011, 06:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brotep

...are apparently far more addictive than previously thought

hxxp://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13855613

Bruno

If they're selling mephedrone as bath salts, then bath salts probably are more addictive than previously.
Formerly something else...

Suu

Yeah, heard about this yesterday...this is fucking crazy.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Hmm, I haven't heard about that one yet.  As far as I know it's not anything that's happening up here, though with the internet it inevitably will be here soon. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

It's really amazing what people will snort/smoke/inject to get high.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Adios

Some people do not have a stoopid filter.

Jenne

Dude, we have kids in my 8th grader's middle school smashing up Smarties and trying to smoke them.  Motherfuck.  Stupid asses.  I asked my kid point blank if he's seen this, and he said Yes.  My husband's like, Why would you EVER want to do that.  My kid just looked at us blankly and then said he didn't know and he didn't do it and thought it was stupid too.

Hope it stays that way.  Fuck.

Such desperation to huff and snort and smoke, it's like some imp inside them says HEY KIDS, HERE'S A ROTTEN BANANA/PILE OF DRIED HORSE DUNG/BROKEN POPSICLE STICK/YO MOMMA'S ENEMA TUBE--SMOOSH IT UP AND SLAM IT/SNORT IT/SMOKE IT!  HEYAYEAH!

Requia ☣

Greaaat, so now we're going to have a whole new set of people turning to street drugs when this shit gets pulled off the market.

How the hell was this allowed to happen?   :argh!:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Adios

Natural selection FTW.

Suu

I used to snort Pixy Stix.

...They gave me blue boogers. That was about it.

Jenne

Shit, that sounds like it would hurt.  :x  There's citric acid in those, I knows it!

Requia ☣

I did the pixie stix thing too, and yes, it hurts like hell.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Suu

We thought it was cool.  :horrormirth:

AFK

THe Smarties thing generally isn't harmful medically.  However, it should be something of a warning sign to a parent.  It is more often than not a proxy for doing drugs and indicates an interest.  I mean, all kids will go through a period where they put a stick in their mouth or a straw and pretend to smoke, but it is another step when they actually snort a substance.  

AFK

Quote from: Requia ☣ on January 23, 2011, 06:18:43 PM
Greaaat, so now we're going to have a whole new set of people turning to street drugs when this shit gets pulled off the market.

How the hell was this allowed to happen?   :argh!:

Honestly, any kid who is abusing bath salts and turns to street drugs was likely to do that anyway.  That's how it usually begins.  Kids start of abusing something that is very easy to get.  It is why you see the prevalance of inhalant abuse amongst middle school age kids and younger.  They really aren't developed socially to go out and look for dealers to hook them up with the "real" drugs, so they'll use whatever they can find around the house.