News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Stripping the Gurus

Started by Lies, May 24, 2011, 06:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lies

http://www.strippingthegurus.com/index.html

Great book which exposes pretty much every famous "guru" and is great fodder to use on devotees.

One of my favorites mentioned is the Dalai Llama. I've actually met the dude. I knew something seemed a bit "off" about him, and this book pretty much confirms stuff I've thought for a while.

Enjoy.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Lies on May 24, 2011, 06:26:32 AM

Great book which exposes pretty much every famous "guru" and is great fodder to use on devotees.

One of my favorites mentioned is the Dalai Llama. I've actually met the dude. I knew something seemed a bit "off" about him, and this book pretty much confirms stuff I've thought for a while.

Enjoy.

Most of the chapter on Ramakrishna seems to be about him being trans and/or gay.  I fail to see the problem or why this would invalidate him as a spiritual leader.

You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Enjoy.

No it doesn't. In fact, the chapter on the Dalai Lama has absolutely nothing bad to say about the current one except that he declined to comment to a critical article by the New York Times, yet found time to pose for a photo op with Ricky Martin. It makes him out to seem like pretty much the most decent of the Dalai Lamas, actually, what with his chastity, meditation, and promotion of nonviolence.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on May 24, 2011, 08:50:03 PM

Enjoy.

No it doesn't. In fact, the chapter on the Dalai Lama has absolutely nothing bad to say about the current one except that he declined to comment to a critical article by the New York Times, yet found time to pose for a photo op with Ricky Martin. It makes him out to seem like pretty much the most decent of the Dalai Lamas, actually, what with his chastity, meditation, and promotion of nonviolence.

Well, if its all the same guy, just reincarnated... then he did all of that stuff.

Also, the commentary on sexual misconduct was pretty fuckin' LULZY :)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 24, 2011, 09:27:39 PM
Quote from: Nigel on May 24, 2011, 08:50:03 PM

Enjoy.

Well, if its all the same guy, just reincarnated... then he did all of that stuff.

Also, the commentary on sexual misconduct was pretty fuckin' LULZY :)

Why are we supposed to believe that?  :? I didn't see the part where it says "by reading this book, you accept the belief systems of every religious leader discussed herein".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Ah, but he's using the arguments provided in the book on those who DO believe, so...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Luna on May 24, 2011, 09:31:13 PM
Ah, but he's using the arguments provided in the book on those who DO believe, so...

Yeah, thats what I saw this as. Not to mention the comments on his rather odd ideas about being reincarnated as a computer, or that Sex during the day is bad, but Nuns slapping each others genitals for pleasure is OK... maybe some of his followers have no clue about some of his more controversial commentary.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 24, 2011, 09:35:09 PM

Yeah, thats what I saw this as. Not to mention the comments on his rather odd ideas about being reincarnated as a computer, or that Sex during the day is bad, but Nuns slapping each others genitals for pleasure is OK... maybe some of his followers have no clue about some of his more controversial commentary.

OK, but I was responding to Lies' comment:

The book does no such thing, unless you buy into the idea that the current Dalai Lama is actually the same guy as previous ones who were creeps. Unless it's not in the chapter about the Dalai Lama, it had pretty much nothing bad to say about the current Dalai Lama at all.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on May 24, 2011, 09:38:52 PM

The book does no such thing, unless you buy into the idea that the current Dalai Lama is actually the same guy as previous ones who were creeps. Unless it's not in the chapter about the Dalai Lama, it had pretty much nothing bad to say about the current Dalai Lama at all.

The current one said that some people might get reincarnated as computers... and his sexual commentary...

I think I would count that all as a bit off.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 24, 2011, 09:42:41 PM
Quote from: Nigel on May 24, 2011, 09:38:52 PM

The current one said that some people might get reincarnated as computers... and his sexual commentary...

I think I would count that all as a bit off.

So you posit that Lies has been thinking "This Dalai Lama seems like a real prude, and has some funny ideas about computers?"  :lulz:

Whatever.

Succulent Plant

I clicked on one of the source links and it went to a search box at the Mirror dot co.uk. Tabloid newspaper.  Hmm.

Cain

Things that are "off" about the Dalai Lama:

- The apparent persecution of the Dorje Shugden worshippers by mainstream Tibetan Buddhists, which the Dalai Lama has tacitly condoned
- The Dalai Lama met with and provided support (and, according to Hitchens, possibly cash as well) to Shoko Asahara, the leader of Aum Shinrikyo.
- During the 1960s, he was taking nearly $2 million a year from the CIA, who were also training Tibetan "resistance fighters"
- Nepotism is rife within the Tibetan Government-in-Exile
- That he routinely (I would go so far as to say "automatically") takes the side of India in all its disputes with China
- Oh, that he's a representative of a Theocratic regime which treated serfs as cattle and non-Tibetans as one step above slaves. 

Tibet's a highly complicated issue with plenty of bad guys on every side, but Western liberals tend to fawn over the Dalai Lama because he's a non-western (yes, I'm including Islam as Western.  Deal) theocrat, Buddhism is enlightened pacifism and because China are automatically the bad guys.  That none of these are necessarily true is just proof of pro-Chinese Maoist sympathies on behalf of the doubter.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I probably know more about the Dalai Lama now than I ever have before; thanks Cain.

I'm not a fan; I was just confused by Lies' statement because I went there and read that chapter looking for some juicy dirt on the guy, and all I got from it was that he's a prude with some funny ideas about reincarnation.

Cain

Yeah, it is rather disappointing, since all of the above dirt is available and has been, for the most part, since the mid-90s.  I guess the book's information is a starting point for penetrating this holy aura his western supporters seem convinced he has, but it hardly goes as far as it could in making a case against him.

East Coast Hustle

I think that being pro-nuns-slapping-each-others'-genitals-for-pleasure is a very noble and underappreciated cause.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"