News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

[NOMENCLATURE]: Crust Kids or "Crust wave."

Started by navkat, January 16, 2012, 07:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on January 16, 2012, 07:58:39 PM
Sorry the sarcasm didn't come across.

HOW THE FUCK WOULD IT EVEN APPLY IN A SARCASTIC SENSE?

So, yeah, you felt driven to hit the one button that pisses me off when done by someone I am friendly with.  Well done.  Give yourself 10 points and a big gold star.

And then leave me the hell alone.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Quote from: navkat on January 16, 2012, 07:55:48 PM
Quote from: RWHN on January 16, 2012, 07:51:03 PM
See, these are the people the Tea Party really should be losing their shit over.

These are the people we all should be losing our shit over. We're so fucking decadent, we've got rich kids trying to be poor.

I would tend to wonder where the parents are in all this.  Best case scenario, they have rich, out of touch parents who's worried about the big merger and are glued to their iPads.  Worst case secenario, they know all about this and are cool with it and chalk it up to "kids being kids". 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

navkat

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 16, 2012, 08:00:54 PM

So, yeah, you felt driven to hit the one button that pisses me off when done by someone I am friendly with.  Well done.  Give yourself 10 points and a big gold star.

Are you serious?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on January 16, 2012, 08:02:27 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 16, 2012, 08:00:54 PM

Are you serious?

No, I'm wearing fucking clown shoes.  I mean, we were in no way discussing anything to do with race at all, then you called me a racist.  I said "wut", and you fucking ignored me while answering other things in the thread.  So, yeah, I think you deliberately set out to stick it to me, and you succeeded.

Well fucking done.  Applause and all that shit.

Now I think we're done, here.  Please find someone else to take out your weird frustrations on.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

navkat

Help me out Rog. I AM HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME UNDERSTANDING HOW YOU TOOK THAT WITH ANY OFFENSE SINCE I DIDN'T MEAN IT WITH ANY OFFENSE.

I also realize I don't always understand how I'm coming across. I WAS RIBBING YOU. I DON'T ACTUALLY THINK YOU ARE A RACIST.

FUCK.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on January 16, 2012, 08:07:19 PM
Help me out Rog. I AM HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME UNDERSTANDING HOW YOU TOOK THAT WITH ANY OFFENSE SINCE I DIDN'T MEAN IT WITH ANY OFFENSE.

I also realize I don't always understand how I'm coming across. I WAS RIBBING YOU. I DON'T ACTUALLY THINK YOU ARE A RACIST.

FUCK.

Explain to me how it was relevant, even as a joke.  Then please explain why you left me fucking hanging when I asked what you were talking about.

I mean, if we were talking about economics and I announced that you were a homophobe, out of the fucking blue, then ignored your request for a clarification, how would you take it?

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: RWHN on January 16, 2012, 08:01:36 PM
Quote from: navkat on January 16, 2012, 07:55:48 PM
Quote from: RWHN on January 16, 2012, 07:51:03 PM
See, these are the people the Tea Party really should be losing their shit over.

These are the people we all should be losing our shit over. We're so fucking decadent, we've got rich kids trying to be poor.

I would tend to wonder where the parents are in all this.  Best case scenario, they have rich, out of touch parents who's worried about the big merger and are glued to their iPads.  Worst case secenario, they know all about this and are cool with it and chalk it up to "kids being kids".

I would be absolutely humiliated if I found out my child were walking around dirty and in rags dumpster diving, not to mention the fact that I work my fucking ass off to feed and clothe them and they are eating our of fucking dumpsters?  In bad punk/goth/madonna gear looking nasty and dirty?

I'm not saying I give two shits if my kids are "trending" whatever style is popular but by god they will be clean and dressed in clothes that aren't rags. 

navkat

Okay, by "wut," I thought you were acknowledging the joke somehow.

And the "joke" was that I'm surrounded by people who read, see, hear stories about poor, black kids in depressed areas who get into gangs and shoot each other dead. The common response is "Good. Let 'em kill each other off. That solves THAT problem." They say it so often, it's somewhat of a joke. They don't even realize they're being racist and it's pointless even saying anything.

I thought his was somewhat of a universal "so sad it's funny" thing for old, crotchety racist white people to say so that's where the source of my poking fun came from.

I thought your "wut" was ironic acknowledgment of this by way of feigned cluelessness.

I WAS NOT REALLY CALLING YOU A RACIST.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on January 16, 2012, 08:16:07 PM

And the "joke" was that I'm surrounded by people who read, see, hear stories about poor, black kids in depressed areas who get into gangs and shoot each other dead. The common response is "Good. Let 'em kill each other off. That solves THAT problem." They say it so often, it's somewhat of a joke. They don't even realize they're being racist and it's pointless even saying anything.

I thought his was somewhat of a universal "so sad it's funny" thing for old, crotchety racist white people to say so that's where the source of my poking fun came from.

I thought your "wut" was ironic acknowledgment of this by way of feigned cluelessness.

Okay.  Sounds like we had a rather large misunderstanding.  Hate-puking retracted.  Sorry about that.

I didn't see the parallel because it doesn't exist.  People who are stuck in a bad situation are not the same as people who actively insist on being in a bad situation.  Someone born with no options is not the same as people born into a good situation who deliberately fuck themselves up.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khara on January 16, 2012, 08:10:47 PM
I would be absolutely humiliated if I found out my child were walking around dirty and in rags dumpster diving, not to mention the fact that I work my fucking ass off to feed and clothe them and they are eating our of fucking dumpsters? 

Pretty sure that's the goal.  Punishing mommy & daddy.

navkat

It's kool. I realize I have a somewhat odd way of connecting these things and not everyone sees what's in my head when I'm taking for granted that they do.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 16, 2012, 08:19:38 PM
Quote from: Khara on January 16, 2012, 08:10:47 PM
I would be absolutely humiliated if I found out my child were walking around dirty and in rags dumpster diving, not to mention the fact that I work my fucking ass off to feed and clothe them and they are eating our of fucking dumpsters? 

Pretty sure that's the goal.  Punishing mommy & daddy.

Yes well, they'll just have to wait and bitch about me in therapy like I had too......  :lulz:

But yeah, you are too right on that one.  I guess it's a bit better than dating bad boys and swilling BoonesFarm.....  NAAAHHHHH.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 16, 2012, 08:18:55 PM

Okay.  Sounds like we had a rather large misunderstanding.  Hate-puking retracted.  Sorry about that.

I didn't see the parallel because it doesn't exist.  People who are stuck in a bad situation are not the same as people who actively insist on being in a bad situation.  Someone born with no options is not the same as people born into a good situation who deliberately fuck themselves up.

Sounds like most of my students, who seem to specialize in contrived reasons to fuck themselves up for no good reason, except to show mommy and daddy who's boss.

Speaking of which, I need to go harass mine on this very topic.  Later.

East Coast Hustle

That's such a stretch that Reed Richards would be impressed.

Also, these crust kid idiots don't even realize that "crust" as a term for some stupid alternative culture crap was already coined by the kids for whom "punk" wasn't punk enough and has been in use for at least 20 years. So I guess they're dumpster-diving for their identity too.

Personally, I hope they all drink windshield washer fluid.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"